The Skinny Jean Scene #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory and it's that now that fabric has stretch in it, like denim never used to 10 years ago, the trend is sticking because it's simply more comfortable and designers are smarter about what people want.
People are smarter these days and more informed with the internet.

Just a general reminder that any discussion or comments related to weight are not permitted.

Something I've always wondered is... unless only skinny jeans can fit you, why wear skinnies when there are other jeans with nicely-defined legs (bootcut, wide-leg, flare, etc.)? Or is it just for the jeans-into-boots look? How breatheable are skinnies?

Skinny Jeans are really comfy, ive been wearing them for 4/5 years now and they're no different in comfort to any other jean :flower:

i dont like wearing anything but skinnies anymore. :smile:

i love this thread.
i wore them even before they were a trend.

even though occasionally my friends used to be like how do you wear those jeans??

^^ i agree. i <3 skinnies. my friends hated it but now they love them too.

does anyone have skinnies by Dr Denim Jeansmakers? I recently purchased a pair online, I just want to know if they're good quality?

Something I've always wondered is... unless only skinny jeans can fit you, why wear skinnies when there are other jeans with nicely-defined legs (bootcut, wide-leg, flare, etc.)? Or is it just for the jeans-into-boots look? How breatheable are skinnies?
I dislike the jeans-into-boots look:ninja:

I don't think bootcut or flares pants are flattering at all. They make people look proportional I think? Wideleg is also more difficult to pull off than skinnies IMO.

...how is looking proportional not flattering at all? skinny jeans emphasize the hips, and they'll make you look curvier so it doesn't work the same for everybody but anyone w/ confidence and style can make them work (<< has nothing to do w/ weight or body-type bashing). IMO straights look best anyway... and for some ppl a wide leg or bootcuts give them a "cleaner" line to work with.

Anyway--
these recession sales have been good--picked up a pair of acne hex silvers at 70%off... honestly a perfect fit def one of my new favorites.

anyone else pick up a new pair of skinnies w/ these sales going on?

Last edited by a moderator:
^I meant unporportional, sorry. Bootcut and flares make people's legs look weird, and the line between leg and foot gets blurred IMO.

I wear mine for comfort and boot cut make my legs look stubby as I am only 5'5. I agree about the comfort thing as well they are usually stretch and they tend to have a higher (not high wasted) waste. I dont really wear jeans that much but I have about 5 pairs of skinny jeans Black 2 Dark Blue one medium and one light pair.

I wear skinnies so I can achieve some curves, because unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on how you look at it) I have no curves :rolleyes: and my legs are long with a 34" inseam.
Imo, skinnies don't look good on shorter or bigger legs, it looks ill fitting. ?
Oh and dark wash jeans are the best. Very sophisticated and you can dress them up or down.

I have never owned a pair of skinny jeans :blush: Not willingly anyway,just when my jeans get too small for me haha. And 2009 is going to be the year I finally get some,but I have no idea where to start,any advice?

I just love skinny jeans and can't imagine living without :P

here I put two of my favourites :

blue D&G :

and bought last summer dark blue miss sixty :

dumbfairy my advice - go shopping as soon as it is possible and buy a good pair of skinny jeans !!! :smile:

dumbfairy, i think you should check out websites like shopbop to get some ideas. they seem detailed.

I only wear skinnies. They actually don't sell them at all where I'm from, so I'm buying a lot here before I go back home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->