What will replace skinny Jeans ?

stilettogirl84

Reaction score
Skinny Jeans are becoming Ubiquitous and Mainstream. And if there is anything a fashionista wants to avoid- it is looking "mainstream".

But jeans- of one kind or another- form a kind of uniform worn by nearly everyone.

So obviously, something will have to change.

But what will come next? with the return of Grunge, a la Marc Jacobs fall line, and the updated minimalism that is also prevalant on the runways, are we set for a nineties reviaval?

All the chunky platforms we are seeing certainly point in that direction.

As there are many wide legged trousers in the Pre-Spring & Resort Collections, one might conclude that wide legged jeans are on the horizon.

But what do others think? Fashion never remains the same for long, so something will change in the near future whether we want it to or not. What do you expect and what do you hope for in upcoming styles of jeans?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the skinny jeans will get wider, an inch at a time. I don't think wide leg jeans wil get 'big', at least I hope not.

imo, high-waisted, skinny AND high-wiasted wide-legged jeans (very That 70's show) ...

I tend to agree with that- the nineties was, oddly, all about the seventies, so that would make sense

imo, high-waisted, skinny AND high-wiasted wide-legged jeans (very That 70's show) ...

That might look good, I didn't like the very low flared jeans, they made me (and many other girls) look absolutely ridiculous. I'm into high waisted, straightlegged jeans right now.

^yeah, i think straight-legged jeans seem like the next option. i love them...especially if they're a little loose. ^_^ :heart:

^ Zara has them already..
dark, 'real waist' with orange overstich and straight legged
just tried them on today
they look uber cool but the sizing was a tiny bit off (in my case)

also bf's jeans are a good option for the post skinny era :wink:

Lena said:
also bf's jeans are a good option for the post skinny era :wink:
i agree...
j. crew and gap already have some variation of the "boyfriend" jean...
a bit slouchier, but still anchored on the hip...

a friend of mine that's a buyer said that she sees a trend towards more straight leg styles...
i'm personally loving earnest sewn's "decca" style...

^ Zara has them already..
dark, 'real waist' with orange overstich and straight legged
just tried them on today
they look uber cool but the sizing was a tiny bit off (in my case)

saw them today, there are so many cheap good looking jeans these days (some are just 30 euro!) to bad they are only made in tiny sizes...

As already mentioned, I def think highwaisted straight-legged jeans is on next. But I also feel strangely attracted to really baggy 50s jeans, high-waisted, with rolled up legs. But maybe that is what is referred to as boyfriend jeans?

(fiftiesweb.com)

Attachments

• girl-top.jpg
    girl-top.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 812
I'd guess that waists will continue to get higher and legs will get wider (from skinny to straight, 'boyfriend' and wide).

Angie C said:
As already mentioned, I def think highwaisted straight-legged jeans is on next. But I also feel strangely attracted to really baggy 50s jeans, high-waisted, with rolled up legs. But maybe that is what is referred to as boyfriend jeans?

(fiftiesweb.com)

yes, like classic dark 501's , they may look cool and twisted worn boys fit
:heart:

I agree those who want to be a little different will just opt for the straight leg. I think the boyfriend jean will get overdone as it is already starting to make an appearance in the weeklys.

i hope that no jeans will be replaced
i understand that jeans are essential in most people's lives..but i would like to see people leave their jeans aside for a while and wear normal pants..made out of cotton or corduroy or velvet but demin

demin it self is too mainstream

well I wear trousers, skirts, and jeans about equally- but I'll always want to have some style of jeans in my wardrobe

I don't think Denim itself can become "too mainstream" any more than t shirts can become "too mainstream"

it's not the item itself, but the style of that item...

yes i know..but the usage of denim is just too overdone for me
example..the last chanel couture show
too much denim @_@

most of the time..when denim is used on things other than jeans...it becomes tacky easily

I wore my skinnys for the last two years, but it was time to move on!
So now i'm wearing costume made wide leg, 30's inspired jeans made from thin indigo denim! And I've also ordered the same cut black pants!

I am moving on, I'll wear wide leg trousers or trouser jeans, along with my boot cut jeans and boy friend jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->