The Universe, Our World

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
I've always been fascinated by the world we're living in. Though to some they may seem dumb, real questions are actually "Why are we living in this world". I've always asked myself (like everyone) if the universe actually had an ending. Some will say that there's no ending, but how can something be endless? I mean you've gotta hit a "wall" when you're at some point near the end. But that wall, there certainly is something behind it..... Urgggggggghhh, it frustrates me so much to not being able to get an answer to such questions. Who knows the possibilites of why we're here and how everything is working is such a mystery, it could even be something like the Matrix, but then again, what do I know? What do WE know? The possibilites are endless. The universe could even be a high tech children game and we're all part of the game! WHO KNOWS!!?!?!??!?! :wacko:

And you will think those types of questions should be left to philosophers or whatever crazy scientist, but in my opinon, those are the FUNDAMENTAL questions of the human being.

I've always thought that life itself was a mystery.... ... AND a pen that drops from a table is a mystery AS WELL, see, things that our eyes are getting used to watch makes it seem NORMAL to us, and things we never (or rarely) get to see (ex.:ghosts) are evidently associated to mysteries. But such a thinking is false in my opinion.......

I've always thought that we AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE, you can never get an answer to anything!!! Ex.: let's say I ask you why does a pen fall down when I dropo it..... You'll tell me it's because of gravity, and you can even go on an talk to me about Newton and you can even make calculs out of it all, but all you're explaining to me is HOW things happened not WHY!!!! Don't know if you guys are getting it.... But even if you finally (FOR EXAMPLE!!!) get to an answer that it's because of God. But there's still another WHY and you'll go on and on and on and asking why all the time, so you're never gonna get an answer.....

Anyways, I just felt like typing all this... :flower:

The universe is a real, quantifiable thing. Therefore its existence must be explainable. However, that doesn't mean a human mind - pulp of flesh and blood with chemical injected emotions, made rigid by 10,000 years of social convention and evolutionary adaptation - could ever comprehend the explanation.

That's what I've always thought.

You guys are making my brain hurt and don't forget,I'm closer to finding out than you are. :unsure:

Are you calling me a peanut or are you saying my brains made of concrete? :lol:

I always thought about that stuff... I even think I typed it the same way (capital letters, colors) :P ... but no...I never arrived to other conclusion rather than god's inexistence.

*leaves*

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Aug 11 2004, 09:47 PM
This topic makes me feel like a full-blown idiot. :doh:
[snapback]328968[/snapback]​

You're not the only one. :wink:

if you're religious it makes the answers to these questions alot easier, lol

Originally posted by mxggies@Aug 11 2004, 10:50 PM
if you're religious it makes the answers to these questions alot easier, lol
[snapback]329024[/snapback]​

Not really. No religion other than Buhddism, which is excluded on account of true Buhddism not having any concept as crude as a single God-entity, explains who made God. God and the Big Bag are on level-pegging as far as explaining things go (in fact you could even say God made the Big Bang if you wanted to but you're still not getting anywhere).

i always think about this sort of stuff.... like what is the point of the world? whats beyond the universe? is space a confined sphere like earth and there is something beyond that... oh it hurts my brain... or are we just like "The Sims?" hahaha

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Aug 11 2004, 07:53 PM
Not really. No religion other than Buhddism, which is excluded on account of true Buhddism not having any concept as crude as a single God-entity, explains who made God. God and the Big Bag are on level-pegging as far as explaining things go (in fact you could even say God made the Big Bang if you wanted to but you're still not getting anywhere).
[snapback]329030[/snapback]​

i think christianity explains it pretty well..

Humans made God and I don't believe in the opposite.

Religion is an attempt for humans to give a sense to their life.

Beleive what you will beleive in, I believe you are entitled to your beleifs and opinions, but not to be wrong in your FACTS.

Religion is an attempt for humans to give sense to their life.
When did you get the pHD in Theology?

Originally posted by mxggies+Aug 12 2004, 04:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mxggies @ Aug 12 2004, 04:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you're religious it makes the answers to these questions alot easier, lol
[snapback]329024[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Aug 12 2004, 04:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-mxggies
@Aug 12 2004, 06:14 AM
i think christianity explains it pretty well..
[snapback]329085[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I suppose religion answers some of our questions, if you can accept god as a celestial being who created the universe, and then try to comprehend the magnitude of the universe, then you will find that comprehending god or his existance thereof is a fruitless and i dare say, impossible task for the human mind, and many have tried.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Aug 12 2004, 03:35 AM
The universe is a real, quantifiable thing. Therefore its existence must be explainable. However, that doesn't mean a human mind - pulp of flesh and blood with chemical injected emotions, made rigid by 10,000 years of social convention and evolutionary adaptation - could ever comprehend the explanation.

[snapback]328951[/snapback]​

I couldnt agree more, now lets say in theory that there was a god who made this, real, quantifiable thing, would it be any easier to comprehend this god?

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Aug 11 2004, 09:35 PM

[snapback]328951[/snapback]​

2nd.

As to the universe ending, yes it will end one day according to the currently accepted physical theories. As the universe is expanding and galaxies are flying away at rapid speeds they cool off. All stars will burn out eventually as they run out of energy after the Big Bang. I think I got that right :unsure: If you want to read more about it, a good layman's book is "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene (I confess I didn't finish it).

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Aug 11 2004, 10:53 PM

Not to mention that true Buddhism is not a religion at all in a common sense of the word.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 12 2004, 06:19 PM
2nd.

As to the universe ending, yes it will end one day according to the currently accepted physical theories. As the universe is expanding and galaxies are flying away at rapid speeds they cool off. All stars will burn out eventually as they run out of energy after the Big Bang. I think I got that right :unsure: If you want to read more about it, a good layman's book is "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene (I confess I didn't finish it).
[snapback]329685[/snapback]​

The big crunch

Thats not currently accepted by everyone in the phsics world, strong possibility though.

If the universe has an ending....... Then what will be left. It's so hard to imagine. If it ends, I mean its GOT TO BE in something!?!?!??! :wacko:

Thinking about this stuff gives me a headache!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbaggwanders
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->