Thrift Scores

LOVE the Moschino! I recently found an old Gucci purse for £20. Almost mint condition. FIRST THRIFTING WIN!

Does anyone know of any good thrift stores in the Liverpool/Wirral area in England? Im looking for some pretty bargains that everyone else won't have. I just hope that I am half as lucky as the rest of you at finding some good things. Thanks

I got a Ralph Lauren tweed jacket for 10euro and I just love it :D and a casual French Connection dress the other day.

helmut lang denim jacket. it's white though. i paid 6.50 but it will be closer to to 17 when i dry clean it. it's dirty but not terribly so.
dvf original from the 70s. 6.50 as well.

My best find in a while......a Vivienne Westwood dark brown wool scarf with the orb logo stitched on the end for £2! Then by some bizarre coincidence an hour later at a completely different place I found the correct dustbag for it 30p!

Two Hermes ties, first with foliage print with leaf veins woven into silk
Gucci tie, £2 each

017.jpg

Izzue unlined cotton jacket with reversed buttons and wired edging (which can be manipulated into any shape I like!)
£6.99

011.jpg
013.jpg

P.S. Paul Smith sleeveless cotton jumper with red line detailing (possible new favourite piece of clothing)
£1.95

007.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana (Not D&G!) unlined linen blazer.
Incredible fit but sleeves need shortening a tad.
£12.50

004-3.jpg
006-1.jpg

(all taken by me)

DSCF0076.jpg

Salvatore Ferragamo silk tie with dog print - £1.00
I also bought some Marc Jacobs optical glasses in their case, for £2.00 but I shall sell those.

My best find in a while......a Vivienne Westwood dark brown wool scarf with the orb logo stitched on the end for £2! Then by some bizarre coincidence an hour later at a completely different place I found the correct dustbag for it 30p!

That has to be the cutest shopping story I've heard in a long time, nice finds!
I got my most face dress ever out of a charity shop, it cos me £3 and it's a gorgeous dark gold/black maxi with a split up the side, it fits perfect and nearly always wear it to work or special events ^_^

Two weeks ago I found two Givenchy scarves and then today I found a silk Lanvin scarf for $1.99.

^ nice! I have to remember to check out the scarves and ties when I visit thrift shops.

I recently found some time to go thrift shopping again, and scored some great things :D

-Vanessa Bruno black suede bag $7
-Nanette Lepore silk top $5
-J Crew cashmere sweater (amazing condition!) $3
-Longchamp cosmetics pouch $3
-Maje silk top $5

All of these at on the UWS Salvation Army and UES Goodwill :smile:

I really need to go 'thrifting' again... last time I found a dress shirt with such a unique pattern.

Got a cashmere sweater for $9, vintage wool Pendleton coat for $12 and an Etienne Aigner shoulder hand bag for $8.
Posted via Mobile Device

Recently bought items from Goodwill

6250858861_fe94688065_z.jpg

6250895757_91a8bd3d69_z.jpg

Both $2

6250863527_347eec1fa1_z.jpg

Cashier gave this to me for free.

6250897889_89d1391596_z.jpg

$3 belt.

All pictures by and uploaded by me.

wow, what city are you in?
great finds is that a coogi sweater?

I live in Santa Barbara. I have no idea what brand that sweater is! Who ever owned it before me, cut off the tag! Since it's Santa Barbara, I think it's safe to assume it's not a bad brand sweater. The average cost of a home here is one million dollars (I'm here for school)!

:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
i've gone thrifting in ventura/oxnard areas near there and the deals are so insane compared to l.a.

Just got back from a major thrift shop spree.. purchases:

[Genuine] Prada mens' shirt - £7.00
Paul Smith t-shirt - £3.25
All Saints waistcoat - £3.95
All Saints shirt - £2.99

The last three I'm going to sell :wink:

Just bought an Hermès 'Musée' scarf and a smaller Jeanne Lanvin scarf, for a total of £1.00 at the carboot this morning.
Made my day..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmozale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->