Time Magazine : The 100 Most Influential People of 2021

I guess the hyperbole gets people talking, clicking, and buying(?) so no point even getting into the "do they deserve it" debate. I sort of like Cathy, Kate, or Billie's cover, from a visual standpoint.

Looks like they photographed Meghan and Harry at Madame Tussauds....

Kate Winslet’s cover looks just like Stella McCartney’s Vogue cover.

Reactions: MON
Looks like they photographed Meghan and Harry at Madame Tussauds....
That was my first thought. They look like wax figures or robots. I'd imagine Time isn't into heavy photoshopping and none of the other covers look like that so I wonder what happened there. It has an uncanny valley feel

Time might have had a glorious past, but this looks like every other title out there, desperate for attention. Why waste money on experienced writers, when you can just get various stars to ghost-write features about each other, full of meaningless praise, and then slap their names on the cover like a two-for-one offer on famous people. Sorry, influential people.

I wish they used the same background as Billie's and Simone's for everyone else's.

Nice to see Kate “I only stopped working with Polanski and Woody when it became uncool” Winslet on the list.

Billie Eilish looks really good on her cover, my favorite alongside Simone's. The rest...better not talk about them.

Harry and that woman are only really "influential" in their little confused heads, the sad narcissists. The Lifetime retelling of their life was an instant flop with audiences and that will happen once again with their Netflix show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jstncze
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->