Tina Chow

Yeah, her eyes manage to be haunting, lively, eerie, and beautiful all rolled into one...As if she's daring you to look and also daring you to not look. Tina truly cements the notion that presence + style reign supreme over clothing alone.

very well said!! couldnt agree more

I cried reading the "Lost Angel" article in New York magazine. It really stays with you. Thanks for sharing it with us

It's quite saddening that this thread is dead. Are there ore of her pictures?

Credit: Axel Koester for The New York Times

WHAT I’M WEARING NOW A cream Jasmin Shokrian dress, Louboutin shoes and a woven bamboo cuff with amethyst pebbles inside that my mother, Tina Chow, designed. With jewelry, I either do it or I don’t. I’m not into little rings and necklaces.

STYLE ICON My grandmother — the way she dresses is so effortless and chic. The other day she had on a simple gray men’s cardigan that she’d had for 35 years, and she looked great. I always ask myself, “Would my grandmother think this is very strange?”

FAVORITE ITEMS My mother’s jewelry. The longer I live with it, the more I appreciate the workmanship.

Excerpts from Nytimes.com Style section slideshow "Pulse". There's more on the website from China Chow.

Attachments

• ChinaChowNyT.png
    ChinaChowNyT.png
    181 KB · Views: 29
There is a book in the library of my town showing a selection of her favourite garments, among some incredible Balenciaga, Alaia, Cardin, Dior pieces...

She's such an inspiration, and she reminds of a lot of Joan Chen in Twin Peaks

joan_chen_smoking_002.jpg

smokingincinema

US Vogue August 1987
Clearly Different

Photo François Halard, Helmut Newton
Model Tina Chow
Hair & Makeup William Falkner

vogue archive

Last edited:
always good to see new posts and pix in this thread!
love tina chow.

I wish I could add a piece by her into my collection, but I'm afraid the price is becoming sky-high every year...It's almost like high jewelry piece..:shock:

I wish I could add a piece by her into my collection, but I'm afraid the price is becoming sky-high every year...It's almost like high jewelry piece..:shock:
and that is IF you can find a piece for sale. i feel blessed to own a tina chow crystal necklace.

UK Vogue September 1989

Circus
Models: Isabella Rossellini; Lauren Huton; Veruschka; Tina Chow; Madeline Potter
Ph: Steven Meisel
Fashion Editor: Sarajane Hoare
Hair: Oribe
Make-up: François Nars

Scans by kelles

Polaroids by Tony Viramontes (one with Nick Rhodes & Viramontes)

Facebook.com/Tony Viramontes Fan Page

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother was friends with Tina back in the day, when she hung out with Antonio Lopez's crew.
Tina was her maid of honor at her wedding, but after several years they kind of lost contact with one another.
Here are some pics of my parents wedding reception in London at Mr. Chow's.
From L to R: Tina Chow, my grandmother Helen Merrill, my dad Alan Merrill, my mom Cathee Dahmen, and Michael Chow. London, 1977.
wedding77.jpg

wedding77-1.jpg

US Vogue August 1984
Tina Chow: The '80s Style

Photo Arthur Elgort, François Halard
Illustrator Antonio Lopez
Subject Tina Chow
By Joan Juliet Buck

vogue archive

Last edited:
Vogue Paris September 1975
"Présentation Privée"