Tracy Anderson Method

daniellat

Fashion Designer
Reaction score
Have you guys tried it? I thought it would be nice to have some place to share tips and experiences with the method.

Ive been doing the mat workout for two and a half months now and love it! It has totally re-shaped my body.

I do her arm workout that she made for Gwyneth Paltrow, and it's really helped. I got the video off of GOOP.com. I would love to try the mat workout.

Oh, Ive seen it. Its very similar than the one included in the mat workout but with faster movements. Ill try and substitutte my current arm sequence with that one to change it up a bit.

I love my arms now, its amazing how different they are, of all my body the one part in addicted to work out is my arms, maybe bc its the part ive seen results first

Celeb Trainer Tracy Anderson Reveal Her Best Moves

Iron Man Workout Teaser

her pants are so low-rise
:shock::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say that soem of her cardio workouts look so ... complicated to follow.
Lot´s of jumping around with little leg movements etc.
So little repeating. It just feels like hard to follow.
And sometimes it looks like she just do whatever comes to her mind at that moment.

The cardio workout its too complicated for me, but the mat workout i swear by it. It was though when i started it but after 2 months it seems too easy now so I think ill incorporate little weights to my leg series.

I also have the post pregnancy video and the ab section is a killer. The new one, the 30 day workout isnt that appealing to me as i only have the video, maybe in the book the movements are explained further idk.

This is the routine Tracy gave Gwyneth to prepare for Ironman 2

The cardio is impossible to follow...

I've done the mat workout once. Great to see you've been getting good results! I'll start doing it more often. How many times a week do you do it?

At first it was too hard on me, see Im not into sports or fitness at all.

So the first two weeks I did one day the leg section, next day the arms, then abs. But it was until the third week that I started doing the whole routine three times a week without including the weights in the arm section and I started including them until the 6th week or so.

It was a gradual thing for me but the results were there since the first two weeks. I cant recommend it enough.

Daniellat - did you purchase the video for the mat exercise or did you find it online?

The totally method works. I haven't lost a huge amount of weight cause I like to eat but I did go down a jean size and my tummy isn't as fat lol. I've started to tone and it makes you want to keep on going.

I do the Treadmill workout for 30-45 mins then I do the moves from the Stella McCartney/Adidas You Tube workout (that Jenna-Maria posted above) for an hour or more while I watch my TV shows.

Skipping on the treadmill is hard. I didn't think it would be but once you get use to it you can't stop.

Also they always have her on E News! where she will teach a few moves. I try to make sure I remember them especially the arm exercises.

I DL the Treadmill and the dance ones of iso hunt. If anyone wants the links?

True! the method is really addictive. I became a fan of it on FB and you can see some pictures from before and afters some people submitted...pretty dramatic changes after just one year. And it seems like a lot of time, but you can start seeing big results after the first two weeks, im proof.

btw I got them them from iso hunt aswell.

Before I started though I did some research. I wasn't going to do it just because Gwyneth does it.

So I read some blogs and 8 out of 10 were positive but I came across some guys fitness blog and he had a full on post bad mouthing her whole fitness protocol saying it was bad for your health, body, bones just everything. He really laid into her calling her things like a hack.

After a few posts where people were all "Oh yeah it sounds dangerous" blah blah. More and more women started posting and they ripped him to shreads saying how they had all lost weight and were toner than ever before. And were happy with the results and he was taken what she says out of contents. Major BURN dude.

One of the things about Tracy is she says at the beginning of the workout is that you pace yourself and start off with 10 and move up when you are comfortable and soon you get to 100. She doesn't say you have to do 100 on day one.

I can't find the guys blog anymore. He did post another comment saying that he was glad that they had lost weight and just that he hoped they were being sensible and still healthy etc.

Label Basher - can you send me the links please?

and which ones did you specifically do to tone your stomach?

^ Sure thing.

Main Page
http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=Tracy+Anderson

Dance cardio, Method Mat and Post Pregnancy
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/74131513/Tracy+Anderson?tab=summary

Treadmill workout
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/107619877/Tracy+Anderson?tab=summary

The mat exercises helped with my tummy. I started off following this You Tube video and then just increased the numbers. I can't just work out I need something to watch while I do it so after you have the routine memorized if you watch a show say Gossip Girl which is about 40 mins give or take then you are doing a 40 min work out. If you watch two shows then it's even better. You just need a yoga mat and your computer/DVD player.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=8393539&postcount=5

Once you get in a rhythm you just start to know the moves and then you don't even need the You tube page loaded. I think this video is a great place to start.

I follow the treadmill one as Tracy does it. But as it's only like half an hour I just continue doing the moves in the combo she did. Because you are working out your whole body I'm sure that contributed to my tummy as well.

I haven't tried the dance cardio one which is kind of weird since I danced from ages 6-19. I don't have enough room in the house and there are other people around watching the telly.

I cannot watch that trademill work-out you posted Label_Basher.
Can you find youtube link?
I can try to search it also, but my computer is seriously slow.
It takes aaaaages to load one site.

I am really, really interested about that arm work-out, need to try it as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->