Tracy Anderson Method

I looked up TA's cardio work out - it looks like a complicated hip hop dance routine O_O. Way too hard to follow.

I hate that :shock: I need something really simple and easy to follow :innocent: :rofl:

it is hard to follow, she is just jumping around and doing wierd moves...

Hahahahaha

But yes it was way too complicated, I think I'm too simple minded (and body wise) to comprehend her workout.
I'm with you..I'm even bad at following simple instructions, just ask my boss:ninja: (he's a ninja :lol:)

I've had good results with her mat workout, my stomach is toned now and has the line thing down the middle and looks defined, and my arms are much more toned and strong. I haven't really done the leg ones very often because I am a bit lazy...but I will get around to it. I agree about the cardio workout though, it's impossible to follow really unless you are a dancer.

loonaka i cant give you karma but that was hilarious!

I did a bit of research too and found the guys blog too and some others were people were just rambling about how youre not supposed to lift anything heavier than three pounds, like how are you going to lift your kids if they are obviously heavier than 3 pounds..people took that completely out of context. That wasnt for your everyday life, what it means is that you are going to bulk up if you are doing your reps with something heavier than 3 pounds...and thats challenging, I can only tolerate 2 pounds atm.

Im taking things reaaally slow. But my arms feel and look so much more toned, i cant believe it, seriously. i kinda love it when they are sored from the workout, but its nothing to be afraid off, its not like they are so sored you cant do anything.

Ive done the leg workput from the mat video and my butt is so much more toned, lol. I dont care about the cardio wo, tbh. It looks really complicated and I dont even have the kind of room to dance around like that.

I watched part of that mat workout vid today before I left for work :rofl: and I found her pretty annoying to be honest, but I'm still gonna try it out now that I have time during Christmas break^^ I'll just momorize how to do stuff and turn off the sounds :rofl:

How long have you been doing it daniellat ?

I've been doing her arm workout video for almost a year now. (The one from GOOP with Knock You Down music)
I can definitely recommend it!
I also do the rowing machine and have my own workout regime (as I haven't gotten around downloading or buying her other videos yet), and I only do around 5 minutes of her video every second day or so, but my arms are so much more toned! I'm probably most satisfied with them.
I love how she made everything seemed like dance moves. You feel like you're dancing not working out, and I love that.

I watched part of that mat workout vid today before I left for work :rofl: and I found her pretty annoying to be honest, but I'm still gonna try it out now that I have time during Christmas break^^ I'll just momorize how to do stuff and turn off the sounds :rofl:

How long have you been doing it daniellat ?

:Dlol I actually find her voice very relaxing and always crank up the volume:blush:

Been doing it for less than 3 months...3 times a week

Im taking things reaaally slow. But my arms feel and look so much more toned, i cant believe it, seriously. i kinda love it when they are sored from the workout, but its nothing to be afraid off, its not like they are so sored you cant do anything.

Are you doing her "wrist-circle" arm exercises?

Yeah, first time I did that I thought i was going to loose them but it gets easier with time lol

Yes! My arms burned like they were on fire, but after 3 days they're okay. How many reps do you do? Do they really become toned? I don't want bulky? How long did you have to wait before you started seeing results?

which workout is best for legs? I know you can't spot reduce weight loss but my lower half is my problem area. I'm always wary because I don't want any bulk, just slimmer & narrower etc

I can't speak for the method, but the best thing I found for toning legs was pilates (I do/did Stott specifically, and without trying, within 6 weeks had toned my legs so just through stretching).

I agree with some of the others that suggest a lot of what she does looks made up. Something about the way she performs her moves doesn't inspire confidence in me - it feels very fly by the seat of your pants. That said, I think I will give the arm one a go. What I also notice is that she seems to employ some pilates ideas (ie keeping your core stable - she doesn't move her stomach to do moves, just the isolated leg/arm) but she doesn't actually point that out in her videos....

Yes! My arms burned like they were on fire, but after 3 days they're okay. How many reps do you do? Do they really become toned? I don't want bulky? How long did you have to wait before you started seeing results?

Never count the reps, I just do exactly what she does in her mat video. My arms slimmed down and are much more defined, I started seeing real change at the third week or so.

which workout is best for legs? I know you can't spot reduce weight loss but my lower half is my problem area. I'm always wary because I don't want any bulk, just slimmer & narrower etc

That is my problem area too, my legs are more toned and lost weight there too, my skinnies fit so much better now. And its also great for the butt, (the mat workout) Ive noticed my hip-thigh-butt area is much more compact now, Im not sure how to describe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with some of the others that suggest a lot of what she does looks made up. Something about the way she performs her moves doesn't inspire confidence in me - it feels very fly by the seat of your pants

Yeah, it does seem like she makes up moves as she goes, but it really works. Trust me. Ive tried pilates in the past but there's something about it that bores me to death. Ive never been consistent with any type workout routine until now.

I've been watching her vids and I find them a bit hard to follow since she changes the moves all the time without saying what you should do next or like how she does stuff :innocent: I'm no good at following work out vids

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koitoast
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->