Tyra Banks : Undercover!

^ no i do agree we are able to do something about the weight problems in america i just feel peope don't want to make an effort! everything todAY is always the easy way out with fad diets and such...

And maybe i am a little bias about saying she only did it for ratings cuz i really just have never liked Tyra and have never found her geniune...:P

SiennaInLondon said:
^ Holy crap you are kidding! People don't say things like that?!? It must have been a set up.

Absolutely, they do. And I can tell you that from experience as an obese woman.

I'm not near 350, and I don't wear clothes made for older people, but I still get the snarky comments.

However, you have to remember what is important in life. Everything else is small stuff. :flower:

I still don't understand why overweight people are targets. However, pretty much everybody on Earth is a target for ridicule. Even the gorgeous models in the supporting cast thread get knocked around!

&fin said:
^ you can still really tell it's Tyra though.
If I randomly saw that picture, there's no way I'd think that was Tyra.

I saw that 'real life' MTV show about three obese people and one was a middle school boy. Whenever he went out to walk his dog, a bunch of kids in the neigborhood would yell out mean stuff like, 'fat-***' etc.

I think the rise in obesity is intertwined with other variables, like the economy and so on. One factor could be that people these days are working longer hours and thus have less time to excersize, buy healthy food and so on.

It'd be awesome if they created a 'fast food' restaurant that served only salads, soups and lean meat :flower:

I can still sorta tell its Tyra. I think it would be cool if Tyra could suddenly get out of her fat suit in front of all the bitchy people and show her real self when she got snide comments. They would be soo speechless :innocent:

American Aries said:
Absolutely, they do. And I can tell you that from experience as an obese woman.

I'm not near 350, and I don't wear clothes made for older people, but I still get the snarky comments.

However, you have to remember what is important in life. Everything else is small stuff. :flower:

I still don't understand why overweight people are targets. However, pretty much everybody on Earth is a target for ridicule. Even the gorgeous models in the supporting cast thread get knocked around!

That's just the most horrible thing Aries... I am happy you have a positive way of dealing with things because it is easy to forget things to be grateful for and focus on things other people have but you don't. Kudos. Models are different... they are in a job where physical scrutiny is integral to success. However when that level of criticism gets carried from models and actresses to the real world it is awful. I think sometimes people, particularly if they aren't educated, like to hit others where it hurts and even though they don't mind overweight people and have friends who are technically overweight, that is far from their minds when they are creating a scapegoat of someone. I suppose that is no help but I would prefer to think of it as their insecurity than my flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->