Ugly shoes you love

^ Haha me too! I cannot remember the last time I wore mine in public. I won't even put em on if I'm running errands! :rofl: I wear them at home all day long during the winter months.
The discussion and the topic were ment to be about shoes we think work in some weird way and can be esteticaly acceptable and we kind of like them even though we know theyre not conventionaly pretty shoes.

I don't own a pair, but I love Alexander McQueen's armadillo shoes from the S/S 2010 show.

lobster-claw-armidillo1.jpg

hansharling.blogspot

The discussion and the topic were ment to be about shoes we think work in some weird way and can be esteticaly acceptable and we kind of like them even though we know theyre not conventionaly pretty shoes.

Okay...?
I like my uggs because they're extremely comfortable despite their outward appearance. Does this summary meet your standards?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think I haven´t explained the topic goal propperly (and the the title is misleading unless you read the description) because alot of people are saying I love to wear my crocs/uggs because they are comfy and I dont care they are ugly, which I think is nice, people should wear what they feel like and not worry what others wil say, but the topic was ment to be about shoes you like the look of even though you know they are objectively ugly or monstrous (there are some good examples here :smile:), but you think you make them work somehow, and most importantly, you like the way they look on you
I´am not having a go at you or anything, just trying to make the topic clear, so unless you like the way your uggs look, no, it does not meet the topic standards :smile:
peace :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel Cruise 2013 (sorry i don't have a cropped view)
00010f.jpg

Celine SS13
_PUC0495.450x675.JPG

John Galliano FW09
00780fullscreen.jpg

source: style.com

the galliano one is beautiful, I refuse to say it's uglyB)

Those Prada fishing waders and Celine's fur flats... Both as loungewear, of course :angel:

This topic all depends on what you consider "ugly" or what most consider "ugly." With that said, I must say I've been obsessed seeing boat/deck shoes (like from Sperry Top-Sider) on femmes. I still think they look best with short shorts, cropped jeans/pants, or cuffed jeans/pants. I see boat shoes more like a refreshing alternative to sneakers or ballet flats. Call them quirky. Call them preppy. In my view, boat shoes just have a certain appeal to them that makes them about as cool as Converses or whatever in terms of casual shoes. And it used to be that I prefer the classic tan-colored boat shoes that most people wear. With exceptions, boat shoes with more funky patterns and colors- such as leopard prints or plaid prints, have somewhat been to my liking.

So I vote boat/deck shoes among "ugly" shoes I like. And I vote shoes like the Sperry Top-Sider "Angelfish" and "Bluefish" shoes as far as specific shoes (in case you want specific examples).

Moon Boots. I own a black pair with fur at the top and glittery silver laces and I love the way they look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herb2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->