UK Vogue May 2013 : Beyoncé Knowles by Arthur Elgort

She needs to take that nasty shade of blonde out of her hair. She doesn't look good. The outfit is tacky. All in all, just a very bad cover.

If the top was different and 'Megawatt fashion' wasnt there, the cover would be tolerable.

I love her, but I am bored of her...

Finally, someone actually said it! I'm bored of her too and I really couldn't care for this cover, I think the more publications jump on a hype (i.e. Edie Campbell, Cara D etc etc) the more I dislike their appeal which is the casing point here with Beyonce, but not only is she on the cover of magazines she's everywhere else.

sbrls9.jpg

1kWbfg3.jpg

SKPe6Br.jpg

lipstickalley.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now i seen the full image i can say there is nothing i like about this. The pose is idiotic, the styling is dated, and the layout is just amateurish! And that is not the best face she gave in the photoshoot, i simply refuse to believe that! When you cant do a good cover with a woman as stunning as her, then really i dont know, and the spread (?) shots look like outtake at best.

i prefer the previous colour to this one, i guess this is the actual cover though. I like the ed though, some rawness in it

Imagine how much better the cover would look with a straight stance, both hands on hips, a different top which isn't cropped and complimented the skirt better and less text. Wishful thinking I suppose because we are left with this...

Not feeling it. Dislike her facial expression. Dislike the pose. Boring choice.

Those other shots...are those outtakes? Cause if those are the editorial images, then shame, shame, shame.

Can someone please tell me that those pictures aren't in the magazine? The cover and that previews are simply awful

Another boring Beyonce cover with little substance… She’s been in the business and fashion eye for so long, I mean you would think she picked up some tips from somewhere to make things pop of the page

FEW have captivated the world like Vogue's May cover star Beyoncé Knowles. Few have been so adulated or adored, and yet remained so steadfast in protecting their mystery. Few have withstood the rigours of a stellar career and survived so unscathed.

In the latest issue of Vogue, Beyoncé grants us an exclusive audience prior to the UK leg her Mrs Carter tour. We found her unusually candid about marriage, motherhood and her musical journey, opening up about her love for husband Jay-Z, her determination to remain true to her instincts and her passion for a job which has seen her singing professionally for nearly 20 years.

She talks about how motherhood gave her a sense of "audacity" and a confidence to share more of her famously private life, and how her brand of feminism is synonymous with today's very independent woman. Vogue also learnt the sheer strength of will - and hard work - it takes to launch a world tour, take the Superbowl by storm and sing for President Obama.

"I'm always bruised somewhere - my legs, my hips," she says of the gruelling preparations that make for those spectacular shows. "But you've already started so you've just gotta fight through it."
HQ

vogue.co.uk

I am disappointed to be honest. This does not capture Beyonce`s beauty and sexiness at all. This doesn`t do her any justice. The facial expression is weird. The arms are weirdly cropped, the styling is boring and the hair is just wrong. I hope her editorial is better

^ I concur completely, Beyonce looks awkward, and the image itself appears adolescent and amateurish. Its a real shame

A shot from the editorial:

dailymail.co.uk

Ha, I love the comments regarding Beyonce's Vogue interview over at Daily Mail. There are a lot of relevant points mentioned. A few questioning her being a feminist due to the songs she releases like Bow Down and Destiny's Child's Cater To You.

she just annoys me :lol: i like the colours though and the design. just a shame it's her.

I am a huge fan of hers and I'm excited for her new music, but this cover is really disappointing to me. she's looking very Destiny's Child here, and that's not really a compliment. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->