UK Vogue November 2023 by Sean Thomas

Second, our PRECIOUS @vogue28 is posting about 95% of new threads - so, downloading an image from the Instagram, uploading it on some image hosting site, and on top of that writing a description/credits for every single image would be R-E-A-L-L-Y too much to ask for!

People literally used to do that all the time here.

And we had a rule for ages about not asking or demanding photos or reviews from other members. If someone can’t see the IG photos, they can be patient or look elsewhere. No one said we HAD to create an image archive of each issue. Too many people are expecting photos and reviews again even though it is time consuming to post them. We should be quiet and be grateful for whatever comes our way.

My lovely people,

Tuesday morning (GMT+2) you'll have *ALL* the fashion content from this issue uploaded on ImgBox.

(The same way you had it for October, September, August issue, etc., etc., etc. And, yes, you are more than welcome!)

giphy.webp

People literally used to do that all the time here.
I used to do it and stopped because it was very time consuming, specially having to add all the credits. There are tons of sites where you can download the magazine and use tools to extract the images. It´s nice to have them all in here and talk about it but anyone can do it, we shouldnt expect that someone else will go to all the trouble just because we don´t want to/can´t.

I really like Karen and Mona’s cover and it’s a shame it’s not slightly more zoomed in because that background…
all other covers are horrible and to think they were approved…

the editorial is fine. couple of good shots but nothing to write home about.

Edward’s including himself on the editorial is what we ALL knew he’d do and it’s a miracle he didn’t put himself in one of the covers. bye, Felicia.

Edward’s including himself on the editorial is what we ALL knew he’d do and it’s a miracle he didn’t put himself in one of the covers. bye, Felicia.
Oh, there's still time for him to put himself on one of the covers. This is how I envision his final cover.

APITAL GAMES is another location editorial, in Mexico City, shot by Emmanuel Lubezki, styled by Max Ortega, with Tindi Mar, Celeste Romero and Aneken Zaldivar. This one has more drama, but it’s over before it gets going.
So, we’re having a Vogue Mexico cover shot by “El Chivo” Lubezki. A must, must have.

The first cover is truly the only one which should've been printed/made. The other two are absolutely naff and are a complete non-event, in comparison to the first cover which I'm actually rather fond of. The cover feels celebratory, fashion-y and pays homage to Vogue House perfectly, IMO.

My subscription copy arrived yesterday, thankfully received the first cover and I will admit that I'm somewhat impressed with the cover feature. The art direction is beautifully done, love the addition of the Vogue tape around the photographs - very nicely done. A real REAL shame there's zero mention of Alexandra Shulman, especially when there's a photo of Anna Wintour by Sean Thomas. I'm disappointed in the current team, in all honesty for not including Shulman. There is simply no denying Shulman's Vogue was an immense success and gave so much to the magazine's history.

When was the last time Juergen photographed an editorial for this magazine?

I feel kind of... hmm... ignorant for asking... but is Vogue House literally that big of a deal? I swear, I never heard/thought much about it until hearing about it's closure? Like, was it THAT big of a deal in London? I feel like I'm missing something. The entire concept is so weird to me.

I mean... Vogue US (and the rest of Condé Nast) moved a few times in NYC and we never had issues devoted to their moves, did we? Didn't Vogue Paris move, too?

GOOD BYE VOGUE HOUSE
Photography: Sean Thomas
Styling: Dena Neustadter Giannini
Hair: Stelios Chondros
Make-up: Kanako Yoshida, Tamzin & Mirijana Vasovic
Cast: Emily Ratajkowski, Adwoa Aboah, Irina Shayk, Adut Akech, Karen Elson, Mona Tougaard, Edward Enninful, Sacha Quenby, Giselle Norman, Kai Newman, Nyagua Ruea, Ajok Daing, Grace Coddington, Jonathan Anderson, Dana Smith, Victoria Fawole, Tony Batalha, Jourdan Dunn, Alexa Chung, Stephen Jones, Erdem Moralioglu, Riccardo Tisci, Shakira, Precious Lee, Munroe Bergdorf, Emma Thynn, Sarah Burton, Richard Dennen, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Gemma Chan, Kim Jones, Mika Schneider, Evie Harris, Shivaruby, Hannah Motler, Penelope Tree, Jean Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Robin Muir, Stella McCartney, Alva Claire, Riz Ahmed, Lulu Wood, Ugbad Abdi, Hamish Bowles, Cara Delevingne, Georgia Palmer, Simone Rocha, Jan Baiboon, Avanti Nagrath, Julia, John Groger, Vanessa Kingori, Emilia Wickstead, Saul Nash, Marco Capaldo, Priya Ahluwalia & Ronnie Cooke Newhouse

UK Vogue Digital Edition

CALLING THE SHOTS
Photography: Mark Kaen
Styling: Jane How
Hair: Syd Hayes
Make-up: Gemma Smith-Edhouse
Model: Fran Summers

UK Vogue Digital Edition

FIELD NOTES
Photography: Scott Trindle
Styling: Eniola Dare
Hair: Stelios Chondros
Make-up: Lauren Reynolds
Models: Ella Rattigan & Shivaruby

UK Vogue Digital Edition

CAPITAL GAMES
Photography:
Emmanuel "Chivo" Lubezki
Styling: Max Ortega
Hair: Joey George
Make-up: Ana Gutierrez de Velazco
Models: Tindi Mar, Celeste Romero & Aneken Zaldivar

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel kind of... hmm... ignorant for asking... but is Vogue House literally that big of a deal? I swear, I never heard/thought much about it until hearing about it's closure? Like, was it THAT big of a deal in London? I feel like I'm missing something. The entire concept is so weird to me.

I mean... Vogue US (and the rest of Condé Nast) moved a few times in NYC and we never had issues devoted to their moves, did we? Didn't Vogue Paris move, too?
I went in there once to meet with an editor (not at Vogue, but a different magazine). Honestly, it was a dump. Especially compared to 1WTC in NYC.

While doing some holiday shopping yesterday and it looks like this issue finally made it over to Canada. The cover with (Emily Ratajkowski and Adwoa Aboa) looked absolutely grim compared to Harper's Bazaar UK's November 2023 with Pooja Mohr right beside it, which stood out so nicely compared to the disaster that has become Vogue UK.

Looking back at that issue, what stands out to me is the windows in Vogue House - they look like they could be the original frames from the 1950s, which means the windows wouldn't offer much insulation.

Brand Building <- this feature by Robin Muir in The World of Interiors about the history of Vogue House, fills in the details that Vogue didn't.

"Calling the Shots" by Mark Kaen looks much better in print but overall it is a dull and uninspiring issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->