US Harper's Bazaar May 2021 : Precious Lee, Rianne van Rompaey, Hailey Bieber, Liu Wen & Adwoa Aboah

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 with Precious Lee by Renell Medrano:

Cover #2 with Rianne van Rompaey by Cass Bird:

Cover #3 with Hailey Bieber by Amy Troost:

Cover #4 with Liu Wen by Zhang JiaCheng:

Cover #5 with Adwoa Aboah by Liz Johnson Artur:

Only here for Precious, Liu and Rianne!

Completely taken by surprise by the cover choices, and regardless of the lackluster issues of HB so far I needed to see these covers today!

Let's pray for some decent content!

I love the choices, but the results...

Same here, I'm actually wondering how they've messed it up with such a cast (excluding Hailey and Adwoa who also delivered the worst covers, no suprise!). Not a single image really ticks the boxes for me. Precious would be even stronger if she made direct eye contact and Liu's need some cropping and a necklace to make it look less bare. I don't rate the other model so pfft.

I find the choice to give the models prominent coverlines interesting. Will the average American reader, who we're always reminded of on here, will they know these models or care to know about them? I expect that can simply be answered by the amount of likes each cover will get.

I quite like the covers but saw much stronger pics in the editorials, specially Hailey's. The pink background it's a no from me.

Rianne, Precious and Liu covers are absolutely delightful.

Adwoa is a choice, as always. Same as the Bieber girl. At this point, I don’t know if I’m gonna cry or laugh.

I’m 100% sure that Justin asked her something like “what do you want for your birthday?” and she replied that she wanted to be in every fashion title of the world. So, he made some checks. I can’t find another explanation, not even Kim achieved that and Kanye in his glory days was respected by fashion industry more than Bieber now.

None of the covers quite hit the mark for me but the casting is great, I'm also loving Precious's second photo. I'm excited to see more photos from the ed.

What a nice surprise! Precious, Rianne and Liu are all fantastic, but as expected with the new Bazaar direction the results aren't quite as exciting as they could've been. I mean, isn't the American Harper's Bazaar supposed to be a big deal? I know its prime time has long passed, but the title still strikes me as a higher standard and this doesn't really give me that feeling.

Anyway, Precious editorial preview is exquisite, I'm very excited for the full story.

Happy to have so many models on the covers, smart of them to use Hailey to guarantee sales... But the results, terrible!

I must say Hailey looks absolutely ridiculous here. She must have been pissed about the art direction herself.

As for Adwoa, the cover looks like it was shot in a cheap Ibiza nightclub at 4 a.m.

Love the rest though! Especially Rianne’s.

That second shot of Precious... giiirl she did not come to play. Her cover is sooo good. Liu and Rianne’s covers are also nice. Very beautiful shots. :wub:

Hailey and Adwoa’s covers I can make do without.

I'm only here for Precious, Rianne and Liu Wen. I hope the Rianne cover will import here. The other 2 covers no comment.

Surprisingly this is Rianne first mainstream US cover. A model with her status should get more recognition.

Samira should go bold and take the new Bazaar into supplement quality route. It's may be sell less but at least she can rise above the mediocrity of US mainstream publications.

I'm only here for Rianne, Liu and Precious. They should have give the cover to the Iconic Isabella Rossellini instead of Bieber and Adwoa...

The cast had so much potential, but the results leave much to be desired.

What in the Vanity Fair is this? Precious, Liu, and Hailey's covers remind me of the original vision of Radhika for Vanity Fair before she went back to the formulaic VF.

The art direction also leaves much to be desired. The kerning irks me a lot.

Overall, US Bazaar stopped feeling like an American magazine. It reminds me of those up and coming indie magazines.

Hailey's hair and overall feel reminds me of Miz Cracker's look for Denim and Diamonds. Even the backdrop matches. LOL

30425227-2086187238328888-8981677897363899556-o.jpg

facebook.com/DragRaceThaiFans

This was completely unexpected for a US publication. I'm all for it. And dang just as I let my subscription lapse. I'm not too keen on the layout, but its not too bad. The editorials look good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->