Upcoming Shows & Exhibits

Isamu Noguchi "standing nude youth"
Tim Hawkinson "dragon"

ph02if4.jpg

nendo

nendo (representative Oki Sato) is a design office with a growing reputation, in Japan and abroad for its work across a broad spectrum of genres from architecture to interiors, product design, and graphics. The firm will present a new chair made from a waste paper byproduct from the PLEATS PLEASE ISSEY MIYAKE manufacturing process.

"cabbage" stool

xxicnendds5.jpg

go59902hx4.jpg

issey miyake

Issey Miyake, the director of this exhibition owes the success of his signature product PLEATS PLEASE ISSEY MIYAKE to man-made fibers. In this show, however, the designer takes a different approach, questioning our dependence on fossil fuels for everyday living. Washi papermaking technology will be employed to recycle paper discarded after the manufacturing process, to highlight recycling and conservation issues. The recycled paper will be used to create clothing and mannequins, while everyday wrapping paper will also be used to create dynamic spaces.

creating his work for the show, "21st century mythology"

xxicmiyakeql7.jpg

the installation made from wrapping paper

miyakead4.jpg

miyake2gy7.jpg

www.2121designsight.jp/index-e.html

Last edited by a moderator:
source | metmuseum.org

Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Salutes Power of "Superheroes" Imagery in Fashion

• Gala Benefit May 5, 2008, with Honorary Chair Giorgio Armani and Co-Chairs George Clooney, Julia Roberts, and Anna Wintour
  • Exhibition dates: May 7–September 1, 2008
  • Exhibition location: Special exhibition galleries, first floor
  • Press preview: Monday, May 5, 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
AsAs superheroes enjoy a surge in mass popularity, The Costume Institute at The Metropolitan Museum of Art explores the symbolic and metaphorical associations between these fictional characters and fashion in Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy, an exhibition at the Museum from May 7 through September 1, 2008. The exhibition features approximately 60 ensembles including movie costumes, avant-garde haute couture, and high-performance sportswear to reveal how the superhero serves as the ultimate metaphor for fashion and its ability to empower and transform the human body.
The exhibition is made possible by Giorgio Armani.
Additional support is provided by Condé Nast.
"Today, superhero imagery has suffused almost every aspect of popular culture," said Andrew Bolton, Curator in the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute. "The superhero's iconic costume of cape, mask, and bodysuit finds many fashionable permutations. But fashion's embrace of the superhero extends beyond iconography, to issues of identity, sexuality, and nationalism. Fashion shares with the superhero an inherent metaphorical malleability which fuels its fascination with the idea and the ideal of the superhero."
To celebrate the opening of the exhibition, the Museum's Costume Institute Gala Benefit takes place on Monday, May 5, 2008. Giorgio Armani serves as Honorary Chair of the Gala. Co-Chairs are actor George Clooney; actress Julia Roberts; and Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue.
The exhibition, in the Museum's first-floor special exhibition galleries, includes movie costumes as well as radical fashions that literally and figuratively reference superhero iconography, including Bernhard Willhelm's 2006 royal blue dress emblazoned with Superman's red-and-yellow "S-shield," a 1996 Walter van Beirendonck pink vinyl inflatable jacket, and a Thierry Mugler motorcycle bustier with polychrome handlebars and side-view mirrors. A long leather Balenciaga jacket with articulated bronze leggings evokes Iron Man's metallic skin, while a Jean Paul Gaultier second-skin bodysuit shares The Flash's streamlined aerodynamics.
Designers in the exhibition include Atair, Giorgio Armani, Balenciaga, Pierre Cardin, Dolce & Gabbana, Jean Paul Gaultier, Eiko Ishioka, Alexander McQueen, Julien Macdonald, Moschino, Thierry Mugler, Nike, Rick Owens, Gareth Pugh, Speedo, Spyder, As Four, Walter van Beirendonck, Versace, and Bernhard Willhelm.
Objects are organized thematically around specific superheroes, whose movie costumes and superpowers are catalysts for discussion of key concepts of superheroism and their expression in fashion. Superman and Spider-Man costumes address the subject of The Graphic Body, relating Superman's 'S' chevron to designer logos and branding. Catwoman represents The Paradoxical Body, which explores the character's vacillating manifestations of good and bad. The stars and stripes of Wonder Woman's uniform, a composite of the American flag, epitomize The Patriotic Body and designs that appropriate patriotic emotions implicit in the character. The Hulk, a metaphor for male potency, introduces a section on The Virile Body, which includes inflatable clothing that swells to exaggerate the male physique.
The Flash – a character who possesses superhuman speed - addresses the Aerodynamic Body as manifest in high-tech sportswear including Speedo's "Fastskin LZR Racer" designed by Rei Kawakubo for Michael Phelps and the 2008 United States Olympic swim team, Nike's "Swift Suit" for running, and Descente's "Muscle Suit" for speed skating. Batman and Iron Man represent The Armored Body, and examine avant-garde fashion that merges flesh and metal, skin and chromium. The Mutant Body, denoted by the X-Men, highlights clothing that morphs men into beasts. Ghost Rider (the biker-demon with flaming skull) and The Punisher (the vigilante who sports a giant death-skull emblem on his T-shirt) symbolize The Postmodern Body that suggests an anti-hero identity through the eclectic mixing of street styles.
The exhibition is organized by Andrew Bolton, Curator, with the support of Harold Koda, Curator in Charge, both of the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute. Nathan Crowley, a production designer of films including Batman Begins and the upcoming The Dark Knight, serves as the exhibition's creative consultant. The graphic design of the exhibition is by Sue Koch, and the lighting design is by Clint Coller and Richard Lichte, all of the Museum's Design Department. Faces, wigs, and headdresses are designed and styled by Julien d'Ys.
The design for the 2008 Costume Institute gala benefit is created by Nathan Crowley with Raul Avila.
A book, Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy, published by The Metropolitan Museum of Art and distributed by Yale University Press ($50 hardcover and $30 paperback), accompanies the exhibition, and features an introduction by Michael Chabon, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of the 2000 novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.
The Museum's website's (www.metmuseum.org) Special Exhibitions Page on Superheroes features an interactive flipbook of images from comic books, movies, and fashion shows, as well as design statements from movie costume designers, and excerpts from the catalogue.
A variety of education programs complements the exhibition, including screenings of Superman II (1980), Batman Returns (1992), X-Men (2000), and Spider-Man (2002). A series of family programs features a one-hour slide introduction to the exhibition, and a program for teachers focuses on superheroes throughout the Met's collections.

The 2nd Fashion in Film Festival:

“If Looks Could Kill: Cinema’s Images of Fashion, Crime and Violence ”
Supported by Oasis

10-31 May 2008

From stolen pearls to a glove left at the scene of the crime, from an excess of red lipstick to the postmodern gangster silhouette, the 2nd Fashion in Film Festival: “If Looks Could Kill” explores the compelling links between cinema, fashion, crime and violence. Tackling themes such as disguise , the expression of desire, juvenile delinquency and the corruption of beauty, the festival features a string of underworld characters and their prosecutors whose highly effective costume, styling and sartorial gestures helped define cinematic genres from detective to thriller, gangster, film noir and horror.

Kick-starting the festival are newly commissioned artist films screened at Tate Modern, followed by other highlights such as the rare screenings of Dario Argento's landmark Italian horror The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970); Elio Petri’s über-stylish futuristic thriller The Tenth Victim (1965); Mario Bava’s extravagant horror Blood and Black Lace (1963), set in a fashion salon; Vicente Aranda’s Fata Morgana (1965) based on, and starring Spain’s favourite ‘60s top model Teresa Gimpera; and Cindy Sherman’s darkly humorous flick Office Killer (1997). The festival is proud to present several London and UK premieres including Arne Mattsson’s Mannequin in Red (1958), filmed in stunning Eastmancolor, Kim Yong-gyun’s chilling thriller The Red Shoes (2005), and Karl Anton’s 1923 silent comedy The Kidnapping of Fux Banker, accompanied by a newly commissioned musical performance by DJ Charles Kriel. The vibrant programme also features a day of talks at the ICA: "TAKING STOCK: Cinema's Reservoir of Criminal Looks and Gestures," and more talks and film introductions by designers, critics and historians including Anna Battista, Bella Freud, Tom Gunning, Dylan Jones, Gilda Williams and Alice Rawsthorn.

Bringing together films from over ten countries, "If Looks Could Kill" presents an exciting opportunity to see highly acclaimed speakers, as well as a chance to revisit iconic classics and to discover rare archival gems. Spanning the last 3 weeks in May, If Looks Could Kill” runs at BFI Southbank, Ciné lumière, Institute of Contemporary Arts, Tate Modern and The Horse Hospital.
fashioninfilm.com

Read Style Bubble's post or the 'Film in Fashion' thread

oh runner!!!...:buzz:...

the issey miyake installation is heavenly!!!...:heart::heart::heart:
oh how i wish i could wander through that wonderland of paper and myth...
:wub:...
i also love the recycling aspect of the work...
i always love to see things that would otherwise be cast away given a new purpose...
and i LOVE paper!!!...

:bounce:...
it's GORGEOUS!!!...

*i like the idea of the stool...the recycling of the fabric remnants...
unfortunately...i am not very taken with the end result...
not very inspired or creative...imho...
but interesting nonetheless...

thanks so much for sharing these runner!
the issey miyake gallery exhibit that i saw in the late 90's is still one of my favourites ever!...
his whole design and thought process is incredibly brilliant and always fascinates me!

i also found this on the site...
ISSEY MIYAKE Creative Room

A team led by ISSEY MIYAKE creative director Dai Fujiwara will present an installation to introduce the concept and creative process behind the DYSON A-POC series, in which Dyson Cyclone vacuum cleaners are dismantled and incorporated in garments.
:blink:...:shock:...woah!

http://www.isseymiyake.dyson.com/
*i think we need a whole new thread for this concept...

Source | WWD

YSL FOREVER: Retired couturier Yves Saint Laurent is getting the museum treatment — again. A retrospective of Saint Laurent's oeuvre will open at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts on May 27. YSL's partner, Pierre Bergé, is set to deliver a talk on the occasion of the exhibit's opening. French fashion historian Florence Muller curated the show, which will feature some 200 pieces dating back to the Sixties, when Saint Laurent founded his house in Paris. Saint Laurent himself, who has been beset by health issues, is not expected to attend. The show runs though Sept. 28.

[FONT=Verdana,Monaco,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Monaco,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Gothic: Dark Glamour[/FONT]
September 5, 2008 through February 21, 2009

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Monaco,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"Gothic" is an epithet that evokes images of death, destruction, and decay. Not simply a word that describes something, such as a Gothic cathedral, it is almost always a term of abuse that implies the dark, barbarous, and gloomy. Such negative connotations have made the gothic an ideal symbol of rebellion for a wide range of cultural outsiders. From its origins in 18th century gothic literature of terror to its contemporary manifestations in vampire literature and cinema, the gothic has embraced the powers of horror and the erotic macabre. Throughout its history, fashion has been central to our vision of the gothic. The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) will present Gothic: Dark Glamour, the first exhibition devoted to the gothic in fashion, from September 5, 2008 through February 21, 2009.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Monaco,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Set in theatrical mise-en-scene suggesting iconic gothic settings, such as the labyrinth, the ruined castle and the laboratory, more than 75 ensembles will be on display. Although popularly identified with black-clad teenagers and rock musicians, gothic fashion is represented in this exhibition with looks by designers such as Alexander McQueen, John Galliano of Christian Dior, Rick Owens, Gareth Pugh, Anne Demeulemeester, Anna Sui, Olivier Theyskens, Ricardo Tischi of Givenchy, Jun Takahashi of Undercover, and Yohji Yamamoto, as well as sub-cultural styles, such as "old-school goth," cyber-goth, and the Japanese look of Elegant Gothic Lolitas.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Monaco,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"The dark glamour of the gothic has made it perversely attractive to many designers," said Dr. Valerie Steele, director of The Museum at FIT and curator of this exhibition. "John Galliano told me that he saw the ‘Gothic girl’ as ‘edgy and cool, vampy and mysterious,’ while Rick Owens said that whenever he saw goth kids, he felt as though they were his children. But other designers, such as Olivier Theyskens and Ann Demeulemeester, reject the gothic label, although they acknowledge that their work may display a certain dark romanticism."

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Monaco,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]An introductory gallery will focus on the origins of gothic style, which have inspired both designers and goths. The Victorian cult of mourning, for example, will be illustrated by actual mourning dresses, veils, and momento mori jewelry. The main gallery space will be designed as a labyrinth, featuring iconic themes such as Night, with black evening dresses; the Ruined Castle, with fashion inspired by gothic images of the Dark Ages, ruins, and fragments; and the Laboratory, where futuristic fashion "monsters" are created. Other themes include Veils and Masks, Mirrors, and the Haunted Palace – the last of which draws on Edgar Allan Poe’s architectural metaphor for a disturbed mind.[/FONT]
fitnyc.edu[FONT=Verdana,Monaco,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

The first edition of AAF will happen in Paris next week...
I have not really an idea of how it will be as it's the first time it happen in Paris, I've heard of the AAF of London though and well, it's really about a certain concept but I think it's worth coming to make an idea. I will work at a stand there :smile:

http://www.affordableartfair.fr/

Affordable Art Fair arrive à Paris !
Cet événement déjà couronné de succès à Londres, Bristol, New York, Sydney, Melbourne et Amsterdam, se déroulera à l'Espace Champerret, du jeudi 29 mai au dimanche 1er juin 2008.

Pendant 4 jours, une sélection de galeries d'art internationales présenteront les oeuvres de plus de 300 artistes contemporains à des prix accessibles, variant entre 100 et 5000 €. Dans une ambiance à la fois haut de gamme et conviviale, Affordable Art Fair sera l'occasion unique pour les collectionneurs, amateurs d'art et nouveaux acheteurs d'acquérir des oeuvres originales d'artistes reconnus ou émergents.

oh runner!!!...:buzz:...

the issey miyake installation is heavenly!!!...:heart::heart::heart:
oh how i wish i could wander through that wonderland of paper and myth...
:wub:...
i also love the recycling aspect of the work...
i always love to see things that would otherwise be cast away given a new purpose...
and i LOVE paper!!!...

:bounce:...
it's GORGEOUS!!!...

*i like the idea of the stool...the recycling of the fabric remnants...
unfortunately...i am not very taken with the end result...
not very inspired or creative...imho...
but interesting nonetheless...

thanks so much for sharing these runner!
the issey miyake gallery exhibit that i saw in the late 90's is still one of my favourites ever!...
his whole design and thought process is incredibly brilliant and always fascinates me!

you're welcome softgrey
found better pics of the stool/chair
and the most recent pic of Mr. miyake (somewhere in may)

15lifeisseibv2.jpg

xxictopimage1rh6.jpg

nendo11040801dn6.jpg

nendo11040802xq5.jpg

nendo11040804jr2.jpg

^exciting. what is it?

it's a new art fair in Paris built on the same concept than the AAF of London :flower:
http://www.affordableartfair.com/
Thank you to everyone who came to The Affordable Art Fair, Bristol. Record sales indicate lots of visitors found artwork they fell in love with!

The next Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park, London is on Thursday 23 - Sunday 26 October 2008.

110 galleries will exhibit a fresh line-up of contemporary paintings, sculpture, photography and original prints - all priced between £50 and £3,000.
The fair’s relaxed atmosphere invites first time buyers to browse amongst the thousands of artworks, whilst seasoned collectors can seek out hot new artists

Chado Ralph Rucci

The Kelly Ellman Fashion Design Gallery
Through August 17, 2008

Ralph Rucci, a New York City based fashion designer, established his label and independently owned company, Chado Ralph Rucci in 1994. Chado is the name of an ancient Japanese ceremony involving 331 steps for preparing, serving and drinking tea. Hei felt this discipline and attention to details aligned with the philosophy he wanted to pursue in design and view of his work as a life-long learning process involving respect, tranquility, grace and integrity. Rucci does not follow mainstream fashion trends, but works on a steady evolution of his own unique vision.

The clothing in this exhibition is drawn from Rucci’s own archive of his work and selected private clients. This installation reflects the sequence of an actual runway show—day to evening. They represent a selection of Rucci’s signatures styles and original techniques and their progression over the last 25 years which have garnered him the distinction of being one of only two Americans in history to be invited to a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, the closely guarded Parisian establishment that governs the world’s highest level of fashion design and production.

Seeing his work at Paris Fashion Week recently, Cathy Horyn of the New York Times writes "his collection on Sunday night was more engrossing, more dramatic and more particular than many shows here"

His work is described as having "impeccable grace" by the International Herald Tribune.

Don't miss this opportunity to see his work up close and personal!
Collecting Haute Couture
Tuesday, June 10, 7pm

For this special program, Tatiana Sorokko, model and contributing editor to Harper’s Bazaar, discusses the exclusive world of haute couture and how her longtime friendship with Ralph Rucci grew out of collecting the artist’s creations.
Off the Runway: Behind the Scenes at Chado Ralph Rucci
Tuesday, July 15, 7pm

Coco Mitchell, Rucci’s fit model and muse for over a decade, gives a unique perspective on the artist and his workshop. Hear more about how a garment evolves from a flash of inspiration to a one-of-a-kind piece of haute couture on the runway.
phxart.org

Cinedans festival from 3 to 10 July in Amsterdam, The Hague and Utrecht.
Main festival location Rialto, Amsterdam
See full programme online.

This sixth edition of the Cinedans has an exclusive collection of national and international dance films in store for you. Films from a new generation of dance film makers will be screened from over fifteen countries. Six documentaries allow you a glance into the dance kitchen of locally operating dancers or internationally renowned choreographers and William Forsythe and Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker compiled a varied selection of their favorite dance films. In addition, Forsythe presents filminstallations, exciting crossovers of performance, film, dance and installation.

Cinedans not only aims to present the work of renowned or less renowned dance film makers, she also wants to be a meeting place and offer a space for the exchange of ideas. To facilitate this aspect of the festival various meetings have been organized with film makers.

This year you can enjoy the films not only in Amsterdam, but also in Utrecht and The Hague! Amsterdam is the place where you will be given the opportunity to join in the selection process of the best entry, which will be awarded on Saturday 5 July with the Audience Award. At that same evening an expert jury will present the winner of the Cinedans Award 2008.
Watch a video here or at the source: cinedans.nl

Have any British members been up to see the Klimt at Tate Liverpool? I can't decide whether to or not!

Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer's Life, 1990-2005 - The National Portrait Gallery London.

16 October 2008 - 1 February 2009

This exhibition presents over 150 photographs by the celebrated photographer, encompassing well-known work made on editorial assignment, as well as personal photographs of her family and close friends including the birth and childhood of her three daughters and the death of her father. Alongside these are many of Leibovitz's best known portraits of public figures - artists and actors such as Cindy Sherman, Richard Avedon and Brad Pitt.
http://www.npg.org.uk/live/woannieleibovitz.asp

valerie steele at FIT (and curator of its museum) came over here last month to research second and third generation japanese designers for the exhibition exploring present-day japanese fashion after miyake, yohji and rei which is scheduled for the autumn of 2010 at the museum.
it seems that she met tao during the stay.

for those in san francisco...
this will be the only u.s. stop for the ysl retrospective...
deyoung museum, exhibition dates: November 1, 2008–March 1, 2009

San Francisco, CA—Virtuoso. Visionary. Genius. These are just some of the words used to describe the late Yves Saint Laurent, master couturier and fashion pioneer. On November 1, 2008, the de Young opens the exclusive United States presentation of the special exhibition, Yves Saint Laurent, which celebrates the life of Yves Saint Laurent and showcases forty years of creativity by the Maison Haute Couture Yves Saint Laurent, whose unique style blends references to the world of art with allusions to pop culture and social revolutions. Structured around four themes, the exhibition develops the revolutionary nature of his body of work that presents a new definition of femininity and a signature that transcends fashion. The exhibition will include over 120 accessorized outfits belonging to the Foundation Pierre Bergé – Yves Saint Laurent as well as Saint Laurent’s drawings, photographs and videos. This exhibition marks the first major retrospective of Saint Laurent’s work in over 25 years.

Yves Saint Laurent was known for revolutionizing the haute couture tradition and laying the foundations of modern women’s wear. The wardrobe basics he designed — pantsuit, pea coat, safari jacket, culotte skirt and tuxedo — became true timeless classics in every woman’s wardrobe. His couture designs were equally groundbreaking reflecting wide-ranging sources of inspiration. In Saint Laurent’s vocabulary, music, art, performance, literature and international cultures were just as significant as the new shapes he introduced.

The Exhibition
The exhibition, Yves Saint Laurent, will be divided into four themes:
  • Masterful Pencil Strokes — follows his work from sketch to final garment. Within this grouping are garments that emphasize the body through slits or draping as well as a look at his masterful use of silhouette through magnified volumes in garments that defied gravity such as bubble skirts, trapeze dresses and voluminous cloaks.
  • The YSL Revolution — explores how Saint Laurent’s signature garments form the foundation of contemporary fashion design from which many of today’s designers take their cues. Groupings include YSL’s outfits inspired by men’s tailoring; the repurposing of functional wear such as safari jackets and pea coats into haute couture, and what became his signature: “le smoking,” a man’s tuxedo adapted for a woman first presented in 1966. Also featured are pieces from his famous 1971 collection in which he reintroduced hyper-sophistication while the rest of the world was focused on the hippie and feminist movements.
  • The Palette — known for his palette of candy-colored hues, this section demonstrates how YSL dared to use color in a way that broke the rules of traditional fashion design. Groupings here illustrate his fascination with exotic cultures such as Morocco, Russia, Spain and China as well as his use of clashing color palettes, textures, geometry, embroidery and prints.
  • Lyrical Sources — features the most spectacular examples of the art of the haute couture and its many inspirations. Groupings here cite YSL’s references to history; the art world including Mondrian, Fauvism, Pop Art, and artists Picasso and Braque, literary sources such as Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde and Jean Cocteau and finally YSL’s fascination with flora and fauna through his use of prints, animal motifs, feathers, pelts, flowers and sumptuous embroidery.
Organization
The exhibition is organized by the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco and the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, in collaboration with the Pierre Bergé – Yves Saint Laurent Foundation. The exhibition is curated by Florence Müller, fashion historian and professor at the Institut Francais de la Mode a Paris, Dianne Charbonneau, curator of contemporary decorative arts at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and Jill D’Alessandro, associate curator of textiles at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.

Catalogue
The exhibition is accompanied by a catalogue, Yves Saint Laurent: Style published in both English (Abrams, September, 2008) and French (La Martinière, 2008). The catalogue is written by Florence Müller with an introduction by Pierre Bergé and an essay by Hamish Bowles, European editor-at-large of VOGUE and is available in soft cover ($50.00)

Symposium — Yves Saint Laurent, Eternal Style
A symposium exploring the work of Yves Saint Laurent and his many influences entitled Yves Saint Laurent, Eternal Style, will be held at the de Young on Saturday, November 1, 2008 from 1–4 pm in the Koret Auditorium. Speakers will include guest curator and fashion historian, Florence Müller, VOGUE European editor-at-large Hamish Bowles, Farid Chenoune, French fashion historian and author of Yves Saint Laurent: Smoking Forever, and Nancy Troy, professor of Art History at the University of Southern California and author of Couture Culture: A Study in Modern Art and Fashion. Tickets are $30 for the general public (Museum Members, students and members of the Costume Society of America and the Textile Arts Council $20). Runway videos of past YSL collections will be played during intermissions.

rencontres d'arles 2008

through september 14, 2008
arles, france

the 39th edition of rencontres d'arles is being curated by christian lacroix. the photography festival is held all over the city, from old churches to ruins, factories and hotel lobbies. the event features hundreds of photographers from all over the world. the 2008 rencontres d’arles discovery award 2008 was given to south african photgrapher pieter hugo for two collections, ‘the hyena and other men’ and ‘wild honey collectors’. as the winner of the prize hugo will also receive 25,000 euros. hugo is among 14 other photographers nominated for the award which recognizes outstanding undiscovered work.

http://www.rencontres-arles.com
designboom

ar3.jpg

karen elson, "english sunbathing" northumberland, england, 2001 italian vogue 2001
© 2008 tim walker

ar8.jpg

fashion designer: givenchy © grégoire korganow

this might be very interesting. :brows:

oak bond age: presentation
September 8, 2008
To celebrate Fashion Week, Oak has invited some of its favorite designers to explore their inner kinks and create
limited-edition pieces evoking the idea of bondage for their limited line and associated presentation.

The presentation will be held at:
The Gene Frankel Theater
24 Bond St.
12 p.m.-4 p.m.
Monday September 8th
The after party will be thrown at:
The Eagle
554 W. 28th St. at 11th Ave.
10 p.m.-12 p.m. cocktails by Belvedere
Music by DFA’s Justin Miller & Runaway (Marcos Cabral and Jacques Renault)
party all night long!
RSVP: [email protected]

http://www.oaknyc.com/blogpostsall/#blogpost_92

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->