US Elle May 2006

Rach884

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this but if missed it, feel free to close it. The US Elle version.

Apparently, it's being called the green issue and will feature Lost star Evangeline Lilly on the cover.

ELLE Goes 'Green' for May

NEW YORK -- ELLE has tapped leading environmental activist Laurie David, founder of the "Stop Global Warming Virtual March" and trustee of the National Resources Defense Council (NRDC), to be the guest editor of its first Green Issue, hitting newsstands April 18.

Timed to coincide with Earth Day 2006, the issue will be printed entirely on recycled paper.

"Since our first interview with Laurie David in April 2004, we've seen how concern for the environment is influencing everything we cover at ELLE, be it fashion, beauty, lifestyle, politics, or culture," said Roberta Myers, editor-in-chief.

In collaboration with Laurie David, the editorial team has devoted the issue to the subject of the environment. Editorial contributors will include Eugene Linden, Yale University's 2001 Poynter Fellow for his work in environmental journalism and author of "The Winds of Change: Climate, Weather and the Destruction of Civilizations" on the greening of politics and Mindy Pennebacker (author, editor of "The Green Guide") on fast and simple ways for readers to green-up their home.

In addition, the magazine features interviews with eco-leaders such as Robert Kennedy, Jr. (Waterkeeper Alliance, NRDC attorney), Tensie Whelan (Rainforest Alliance), Majora Carter (Sustainable South Bronx), and others.

"I am delighted to be guest-editing ELLE's first environmentally focused issue," said David. "I salute the magazine's leadership in acknowledging that the environment affects all of us-it is not something you drive to; it is the air we breathe and the water we drink. It is up to all of us to do our part to protect it."

In the fashion well, international creative director Gilles Bensimon will turn his lens on eco-style with beauties such as supermodel Carolyn Murphy, actress Evangeline Lilly, actress Amy Smart, and others, while fashion director Nina Garcia and her team scour the globe for the best of green fashion.

Beauty editor Emily Dougherty will give a definitive look at the healing power of eco-ingredients, while Miranda Purves' Living section surveys green restaurants across the country and discusses how we can all entertain with eco-consciousness.

http://www.ksbitv.com/fashion/2289896.html

http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=34639

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. It's sounds like it will be a good one and Evangeline is one of my favorite (and most ignored by magazines) actresses.

Here we go:

Scanned and posted by Sammie323 in the "What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently" thread

Thanks for the scans! I love the cover, she's so pretty.

Don't shoot me.. but she resembles Jeisa in the unenlarged version of the cover

Fantastic cover! For the first time in quite a few issues, US Elle got it right..

^the article says something about Carolyn Murphy. Also actress Amy Smart, so she might have an ed.

bigger pic

0e_1.JPG

from ebay

i really wish they'd stay away from writing SO much on the cover. it always takes away from what could be a truly stunning cover. overall i like it, just wish elle would control themselves :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chooch McGhee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->