US GQ February 2021 : Zendaya by Tyrell Hampton

dfl-001

Reaction score
GQ USA February 2021: Zendaya

cZ9szfkf_o.jpg

source: eBay user joooyy

LOL, that's a bold, blatantly delusional statement, serious or not. Zendaya is fashion's favourite actress right now that's why she's so omnipresent. Like Rihanna was at some point. She does not run Hollywood. She is however overexposed and I wouldnt mind if we don't see her on covers for the next few months.

The cover is awful, mainly due to the styling but it's perfect for this magazine's audience.

Go home GQ, you're drunk.

Her uneven eyes are so annoying. And what with the Hawaiian tourist styling. She maybe "belle du jour" right now, but homegirl need at least 20 Oscars nominations to even "running" Hollywood. Cough Meryl Streep cough

LOL, that's a bold, blatantly delusional statement, serious or not. Zendaya is fashion's favourite actress right now that's why she's so omnipresent. Like Rihanna was at some point. She does not run Hollywood. She is however overexposed and I wouldnt mind if we don't see her on covers for the next few months.

The cover is awful, mainly due to the styling but it's perfect for this magazine's audience.
She may not rule Hollywood, but she’s certainly at the top of the Hollywood game right now. There’s no denying that. Overexposed or not. She just won an Emmy (the youngest winner in her category); there’s Oscar buzz for her new role; she’s part of a billion dollar movie franchise and she is part of one the most anticipated movies of 2021.

She looks real butch. Surprisingly this is closest to her real style. Did Law style this? Assuming so. I honestly thought she would appear on a Vogue cover again, being that her Oscar campaign is about to kick off. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

So this is their attempt to counter Harry Styles's Vogue cover?

Nevertheless it's a decent cover from GQ. I'd wear what she's wearing on that photo which is a good thing.

I’m not sure how much control she or Law has over the styling but the whole mess seems to be a product of hanging out with Twinkmothee Chalamet too much. That tacky getup is something he’d also wear.

If Law styled this cover, we should be more concerned that it is now becoming the norm for celebrities to enlist their personal dressers to style magazine covers. MUAs and hairstylists I get, but a fashion stylist is taking it too far. No wonder there are no new stylists breaking through in magazines. There's simply no platform for them.

One more reason why I can't stand her!

It looks like she's starring in a remake of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

oh my what a dreadful cover!

BUT Zendaya is amazing in Euphoria (it’s the only thing I’ve watched her on so far, but then again so is everybody else on the series - the script is terrific, directing is groundbreaking, cinematography is awesome... I guess it would be really difficult to fail with everything aligned for brilliance).

let’s see what else she can bring to the table with her new roles (‘Dune’ and ‘Marie and Malcolm’).

it's like every month we got to see her on the cover, they shove down to our throat to make her look relevant, but no

You certainly don’t have to like her or this cover, but I’d like to know in what parallel universe are y’all living where Zendaya isn’t relevant? Here in the US, she is a very big deal. I mean, she has the social media clout to rival any of her peers (over 80 million on Instagram) but unlike so many of her peers she has an enviably successful career with legitimate accolades. She has a smash hit and very zeitgeisty TV show for which she just won the Emmy for Best Actress, she has a buzzy new movie coming out in February, and then she has a major Blockbuster coming out later in the year, with Dune. Plus she’s part of the multi-billion dollar Marvel cinematic universe, has deals with major fashion/beauty brands, and is extremely well liked by the general public. And she only just turned 24. Impressive. It’s hard to think of a celebrity more “deserving” (by conventional measures) of covers than she.

♫ u.g.l.y.
You ain't got no alibi you ugly
Eh! Hey! You ugly!
Eh! Hey! You ugly!♫

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"