US Vogue December 2020 : Harry Styles by Tyler Mitchell

The cover photo, and editorial are beautiful, but as bland as everything Tyler does.
His work will never inspire people to dream about fashion, but kudos to him for succeeding like every other mediocre white photographer these days.
I can't see American women buying this tho, but a few Harry stans might. Also, this guy is in no way a "gender bender", or "non binary". He's a straight white guy, who loves fashion, and has great stylists. He's also beautiful, despite the hideous tattoos.

Poor Anna, she's come undone.:wink:

Of course there are colorful sheets, I should know better it's Tyler after all :rofl:. Nice editorial but it's doesn't feel like a fashion editorial but more like stills images from his video don't know how to explain it.
The only thing prevent me from buy this, is the price of the magazine when it's arrive here. It's like 12 Euro here and I always have to fight to buy it or not. Because the quality papers is questionable and the thickness non-existent, even supermarket catalogue have more pages than this. I will get the Naomi cover because it's iconic but this I'm not so sure.

We're living in this feminist age, and yet men are taking over women's magazines, both in front of and behind the scenes. Disturbing.
p.s. Social justice warriors on duty, I don't want to hear how beauty and style have no gender, thanks.

The cover photo, and editorial are beautiful, but as bland as everything Tyler does.
His work will never inspire people to dream about fashion, but kudos to him for succeeding like every other mediocre white photographer these days.
I can't see American women buying this tho, but a few Harry stans might. Also, this guy is in no way a "gender bender", or "non binary". He's a straight white guy, who loves fashion, and has great stylists. He's also beautiful, despite the hideous tattoos.

Poor Anna, she's come undone.:wink:

Ditto. As much as I think the whole thing works here, I’d say Troye Sivan should’ve been given a chance to be photographed this way. He could carry women’s clothes well as evidenced by the “Bloom” Music Video.

I just saw the December cover with text. They clearly know how to ruin a good image. The headlines are devouring him!

Vogue USA/December 2020 (with text)
EmtOErxWEAAr2Ag.jpg
twitter.com/voguemagazine

I hate it. No sausages on my Vogue. #traditionalist

Call it what it is, :lol::lol::lol:

It looks as though we've dodged a bullet. Seems like we very nearly had the bellycupping Kardashian-lite influencer on the cover.

I’m here for it. Harry isn’t someone I can boy fancy or particularly find attractive at all, it I like his music a lot actually and I’m here for what he stands for. That he doesn’t so much as bat an eyelid at the fact he’s in a dress. On a woman’s magazine. Go for it I say. I’m surprised and happy Anna went so bold!

I could never understand the appeal of Harry Styles and this cover and editorial don’t help me do that. But for whatever reason, he seems to have a very strong and very passionate fan base, so I imagine this will sell fabulously which is the real point anyway, right?

This had potential but ended up looking stupid. First of all why he’s blowing a balloon?? I also really don’t get why men dressing up as women is empowering or inspirational. Womenswear can be inspired by menswear and menswear can get inspiration from womenswear. I like unisex clothes too since they’re both appropriate for men’s and women’s fashion but Harry wearing women clothes for a Vogue editorial really looks ridiculous. I mean WHY? A men wearing women clothes doesn’t break the gender rules or end discrimination against women in society. We should start with actually fighting for gender equality. Not with some random piece of clothing.

The editorial photos look good. This choice is so left field and bizarre. I dont listen to his music, but is Harry still a thing? Honestly not sure. Me nor my friends are exactly his demographic.

I actually really like this. Very simple and beautiful.

Ok so to start I would like to say that I am incredibly bias as I am a HUGE fan of his and would take a bullet for him any day.
So A. The editorial is great I love the gender bending fashion (although some of the outfits chosen are a bit iffy) Harry is very gorgeous so it would be hard to get an unflattering picture of him. I know there’s people who disagree but I definitely think Harry is becoming a fashion icon and it is not manufactured or under a contract. I have been following Harry since 2012 I have watched this change in his style so I think I can rightfully conclude this. His contract with Gucci didn’t come until June 2018 or somewhere around there. Before his campaign with Gucci he was already wearing very adventurous things, just do a quick google search of Harry’s tour outfits in 2017, his debut promo in May 2017 and his tour outfits in 2018. Lastly, Harry’s fashion icon status has gradually evolved as he has become more confident and comfortable with the help of his stylist, something he talks about in the article. It may seem like he just all of a sudden became this fashion icon and adventurous dresser but that’s because it’s now being recognized and he’s becoming more confident. And as someone who’s followed him for 8 years I can say it’s been a long time coming. A pivotal moment was the 2015 AMAs so that would be a quick google search too!! Oh and he already has worn a dress not in this stylized way too. There’s a backstage tour picture where he wears a dress and he wore both a dress and a ballerina costume for snl promo when he hosted last year!

and B. Why did they choose this image as the cover?!?! There was so many better editorial images yet these choose one where the dress is bad, he isn’t looking and a balloon is covering his face. Make it make sense Anna.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->