US Vogue January 2021 : The 'Vogue Values' of 2021 by Annie Leibovitz

Valid point, I think for me my personal problem is that I don't find any qualities about her that scream high fashion, but the standards have changed for Vogue so I know at this point I can't expect a solo cover from the likes of Candice Huffine or Ashley Graham (especially Ashley, who has brought high fashion and is so deserving of a Vogue US solo cover than Paloma).

Wait, wasn’t Ashley literally on the Vogue Values cover last year solo?

For the first time in forever I am actually excited over an american cover. I have nothing but praise for US Vogue this month (despite slight complaining on my initial review) which is quite shocking because that just never happens anymore lol
I am hopeful that this means there is more positive change to come in the next year. As nice as the other covers are, Paloma looks glorious. The body, the face, the wet dress, the pose. Magnificent! She may not be my favorite, but seeing her excitement and how much this means to her, seeing how great the final product actually looks simply warms my heart. I love this! Great start of the year for US Vogue. I wish they'd book models more often than once a year.

I'm not really a fan of Paloma's work, but there is definitely something about seeing a body like hers on the cover of US Vogue, let alone, almost fully on display - can't wait to see how this will rile the puritans up :lol:. And the more I look at the image, the more I am into the moody, dusky vibe of it.

I’m not familiar was Rosalia, but cover looks okay. Need to see it in HQ. OVERALL I like that January is all fresh faces. Like last year (minus Ashley).

Yeah compared to the other 3 Rosalia’s came off short, but still not bad. Overall a really really great job

Reactions: KoV
Need to see it in HD, but yeah. Not the best if the lot. That said, compared to so many of the covers we saw from various Vogue editions in 2020, Rosalía’s cover is a masterpiece, and there’s something conventionally US Vogue about it, which I kind of like.

I’d rank the covers:
Paloma >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frances >>>>>>>>>> Naomi >> Rosalía

Larger Image; source eBay user joooyy

EsHLDM08_o.jpg

Rosalía's cover is the only one I like :heart:.. she's gorgeous, and she's had such a great couple of years, both music and image are, for a pop star, far more layered, authentic and interesting than anything else happening in her field really. I already forgot what the first two covers look like :glare:, and I might just remember the third one cause it's remarkably depressing..

Feels a bit too soon for Rosalía to have a cover when she isn't that well known in the english speaking world-but I'm happy for her since I admire her personal style, music and vision. Definitely my favorite subject out of the four.

I would say the covers are overall quite good and I like that each woman received a different treatment rather than forcing them all into the same mold.

A strong set of covers and subjects for US Vogue. Rosalia's has that sexy touch and that's something we don't get to see often in US Vogue. Also the photography! I wouldn't have thought that that was shot by Annie.

Anna is putting the money where her mouth is. The past few months exemplified diversity in its broadest concept (Women of various sizes, black women, asian woman, Latina, a Man wearing women's clothes, woman of age). That is diversity in its core. Of course people will still find a way to sh*t on it and invalidate it, but at the end of the day one thing remains true - these cover subjects, who never thought they'd see the day they'll land a Vogue cover, are now on the cover. We may hate it, but they love it and that's a fact.

Paloma’s video is touching, indeed, but it also feels wistful looking at how thin the magazine appears. I guess one could argue that the celebration of diversity is better late than never, but when taking into consideration that it takes place during print’s dismal era, one couldn’t help but wonder what it would have looked like if it happened say, a decade ago.

And yes to that Rosalia’s cover! Sorry Paloma, yours is my second favorite now.I think they’re all good, I just wish Naomi’s dress wasn’t so ill-fitting. And oh btw, to anyone who complained about Paloma’s dress, it’s Michael Kors, so maybe having it wet like that isn’t such a bad idea :lol:.

Rosalia's image is great if not a bit generic with the sassy hand on the hip pose, but not the overall cover. Looks like the photoshopping on her face is overdone, and I'm not sold on the choice of a black masthead with all those dark colours.

She appeared on at least two Vogue covers in Spanish-speaking countries as well as US Elle but I don't think she's famous enough across the globe to appear on a US Vogue cover. Her IG page alone looks like your usual run-of-the-mill influencer trying to be edgy.

Paloma cover is still hold the supreme for me. Then Francis with some sci-fi elements. Naomi cover could be better. If you're not gonna looking at the camera than you need a stronger pose and better styling to grab the viewer attention. That LV look like an apron grab around her body. Rosalía cover is classic US Vogue, decent but I never warm to her music and it's still early for her to book a Vogue cover. But if Anna willing give a cover to newbie English actress then giving a Latina woman one is also welcome.

People should also point their pitchforks and receipts to other Vogues in the big 4. Cause as progressive as Edward, his Vogue Uk is still doesn't have a plus-size cover or any solo East Asian subject cover. And Vogue Rianne ... Oops sorry I mean Vogue Paris is well Rianne. Vogue Italian is for another day.

And Vogue Rianne ... Oops sorry I mean Vogue Paris is well Rianne. Vogue Italian is for another day.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh but come on, THD96, I'm sure Alt pat herself on the back for giving Jill Korleve a cover. That's probably her version of 'plus size'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->