US Vogue January 2021 : The 'Vogue Values' of 2021 by Annie Leibovitz

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh but come on, THD96, I'm sure Alt pat herself on the back for giving Jill Korleve a cover. That's probably her version of 'plus size'.

:P:rofl:

Of course I already forgot about cause it's so bad. Alt be like: "ooh her waist size is 79 cm I'm so progressive, I'm so woke. Another thing is she literally said bonjour to Jill and au revoir at the same issue and never feature her again.

I love Paloma's cover, but I wish it wasn't so dark and blue. She also look stiff trying hold that pose up for the shot. I think this is the first time I actually like Paloma work.
I like the color in Frances' cover but I wish they cropped in closer so we can focus on her face a little better. The other two covers are whatever.

Wonder what the review will look like. Will have to get this issue via Newsstand because with my luck they'll ship Rosalia's cover here.

Rumor is that Rosalia is going to perform with The Weeknd at the Super Bowl, so a multiple cover month was a good time to introduce her to the american public imo.

Paloma cover is still hold the supreme for me. Then Francis with some sci-fi elements. Naomi cover could be better. If you're not gonna looking at the camera than you need a stronger pose and better styling to grab the viewer attention. That LV look like an apron grab around her body. Rosalía cover is classic US Vogue, decent but I never warm to her music and it's still early for her to book a Vogue cover. But if Anna willing give a cover to newbie English actress then giving a Latina woman one is also welcome.

People should also point their pitchforks and receipts to other Vogues in the big 4. Cause as progressive as Edward, his Vogue Uk is still doesn't have a plus-size cover or any solo East Asian subject cover. And Vogue Rianne ... Oops sorry I mean Vogue Paris is well Rianne. Vogue Italian is for another day.

Lizzo did a cover for UK Vogue first before she did US. But then, it wasn’t a main cover I believe as he promoted the one with Emma Watson more.

Rumor is that Rosalia is going to perform with The Weeknd at the Super Bowl, so a multiple cover month was a good time to introduce her to the american public imo.
this tfs idea that she’s too unknown for a Vogue cover is just baffling haha if you know Travis Scott, then you know Rosalia and everyone knows Travis Scott and his songs with Rosalia!, I get people into fashion tend not to be quite up to date with music but this is current pop culture’s 101.

Not quite saying you live under a rock if you don’t know her or that sHe’z tHe QUEeN of pOp, just saying she’s more than well-known if you follow popular music and if ‘up-and-coming actress with a British passport’ tends to be more than enough for Ana, this should should perform well on newsstands even without the Super Bowl..

I love France's cover and I like Naomi's cover (I wished they had chosen a pic where she looks at the camera and not such an ill-fitting dress) but the rest: :sick: ...

Vogue should bring it full circle and make GKJ creative director. As Tonne's former assistant she understand her way of working. And that's what the magazine would need.
I rooted for Carlos but now that he's signed to CAA, that put me off. It means anyone from Good Year tyres to Kellogs Corn Flakes to movie studios and celebrities can 'book' him. I'm sorry to say, but that's quite tacky for the first black stylist ever to style an American Vogue cover. At least consulting for brands is a little more dignified. And he can call me a 'bum a$$ hoe' as well, I don't care.

...if ‘up-and-coming actress with a British passport’ tends to be more than enough for Ana.....

Don't bring Florence into this, lol! She was nominated for an Oscar at the time. All the other English girls had one or the other big moment going for them at the time too. Rail against the likes of Blake Lively instead. lol.

The problem with Rosalia is that it's simply too soon. It's too soon for American Vogue. I doubt whether most in the UK would know who she is or singalong to her songs.

I wonder who are in the other 3 covers, because I somehow cannot believe they made Frances Mcdormand share a monthly cover...
After seeing all the covers, I still think Mcdormand deserves solo monthly cover :neutral: She is in the groundbreaking film of the year, and Anna and her team made her share with others? They're losing it...

this tfs idea that she’s too unknown for a Vogue cover is just baffling haha if you know Travis Scott, then you know Rosalia and everyone knows Travis Scott and his songs with Rosalia!, I get people into fashion tend not to be quite up to date with music but this is current pop culture’s 101.

Not quite saying you live under a rock if you don’t know her or that sHe’z tHe QUEeN of pOp, just saying she’s more than well-known if you follow popular music and if ‘up-and-coming actress with a British passport’ tends to be more than enough for Ana, this should should perform well on newsstands even without the Super Bowl..

I had to google who Travis Scott was :lol: I know her because I live in Spain and she´s talked about here but I don´t follow her type of music so I rather live under a rock when it comes to that :stuart:

All four covers are great, but I love Rosalía’s the most. I’ve been obsessed with her music for two years now though, so I’m biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->