US Vogue September 2000 : Bridget Hall by Steven Meisel

:sigh: Annie's once again, has my heart skipping a beat. She was so observant and creative in capturing such a distinct mood for every individual while maintaining a cohesive whole with her supreme storytelling imagery. She showcases how ordinary-looking people could still be elevated to such a hyperstylized level. Was it the team that she had during this era that conjured such magic…??? Or was she just a different individual and driven with such a passion for storytelling then??? I’ve never seen these before and this is a wondrous experience— but also rather sad at how hollow her work has become. (unfortunate all these great stories aren’t devoted to in a book.)

Anna’s Vogue really was a different, and supremely creative creature back then :sigh: This new generation of so-called creatives are sadly relying on only representation to coast by: They lack not only the creative and technical skills, but also the storytelling talent to create such everlasting imagery. Not just the photographers, but all of them: Stylists, cast, editors (or editors are dumbing-down their sensibility, cowering to pander to the twitter mob). This so-called reckoning of this industry is fashion's equivalent of the Communist Red Guard plaguing and poisoning China’s rich culture during their reign of terror. Sounds overly-dramatic, but within the context of fashion, it is exactly what’s happening in the industry: Creative, provocative and daring vision is wiped out in favour of generic, homogenized, globalized representation. And anyone that is critical of this banality gets cancelled with the scarlet letter of racism/sexism/chauvinism/take-your-pick-ism. (Even a bare nipple is frowned upon on these dire days, while a conservative image of a woman in religious headscarf covering is celebrated. Isn’t high fashion about rebelling against such oppressive imagery— especially of women…????) :double sigh:

you are so damn right! @Phuel and there are a lot of work from her i haven's seen in HQ, she should release a book of unpublished photos,i'm sure there will be a lot of stunning shots that Anna maybe didn't want to publish or Vanity Fair, i remeber the Rooney Mara cover story from October 2017, when i was looking at Annie's page on trunkarchive.com i discovered 2 shots from that editorial that haven't see the light to be on the story.

^^^ Seeing all these achingly gorgeous stories from her is all new to me. I adore it and also feel such loss at what’s become of her work (thanks a bunch @justaguy and @burbuja8910 for their tireless efforts and keeping the dream alive with their posts!). I need all these masterful stories in a dedicated volume of 400+ pages. And if I can dream, it would be curated and designed by Fabien. I don’t care for another Hollywood celebrity offering from her...

^^^ Seeing all these achingly gorgeous stories from her is all new to me. I adore it and also feel such loss at what’s become of her work (thanks a bunch @justaguy and @burbuja8910 for their tireless efforts and keeping the dream alive with their posts!). I need all these masterful stories in a dedicated volume of 400+ pages. And if I can dream, it would be curated and designed by Fabien. I don’t care for another Hollywood celebrity offering from her...
You're so very welcome, Phuel! We all know that times changes and along with time, tastes change too. We may not all like what we see today, but sometimes it's nice to be able to look at the past, reflect and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->