US Vogue Summer 2024 : Kendall Jenner by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Great shoot for the summer issue.
She definitely photographs more like a gorgeous celebrity than a model. I dont think this is proving anybody wrong unfortunately, when it comes to her modelling abilities. Her modelling skills are just very, very limited. We definitely gotta accept that she is not going anywhere at this point and has the career that she has.. but her empty stare is actually quite crazy in most shots + she looks so stiff.
She does look gorgeous though. And the styling is definitely working really well here.
The portrait with the gold earrings would have made such a better cover.

00190_VG_033_F7.jpg

They had the perfect cover shot, and still missed it! Shame. But I still like the cover choice they went with. I'm surprised there is so much negativity about it, but then again it's Kendall so who am I kidding?!

If you disregard the many attempts of fashion industry at forcing us to take Kendall seriously as a model and view this as nothing but another celebrity feature, it's quite good actually. She's a beautiful girl, the summer is summering, there's cute boys, and sun, and blue water, and smiling. And it's all so very Vogue! I want to say American, but it's more of a Brazil/Australia vibe to me. Circa 2014. Back when it was all still kind of good. And I love to see that! I love to see someone like Mert & Marcus back on the cover of US Vogue. It's like a return to form. Young amateurs can have their playgrounds elsewhere. Looking forward to seeing this in layout.

The editorial is nice but I got heavy sports-illustrated vibes from it..

Maybe she needs to try harder… Or stop trying all together.
She has a decent career but is already famous and made a ton of money.

She will never be respected like a Vittoria or a Mica who will always get the favor of designers but it’s fine.

Her Tommy Hilfiger campaign was fabulous but this is not.
She is a very beautiful girl but she is not the type of model she wants to be.

She is a Elle MacPherson type of model.

They had the perfect cover shot, and still missed it! Shame. But I still like the cover choice they went with. I'm surprised there is so much negativity about it, but then again it's Kendall so who am I kidding?!

If you disregard the many attempts of fashion industry at forcing us to take Kendall seriously as a model and view this as nothing but another celebrity feature, it's quite good actually. She's a beautiful girl, the summer is summering, there's cute boys, and sun, and blue water, and smiling. And it's all so very Vogue! I want to say American, but it's more of a Brazil/Australia vibe to me. Circa 2014. Back when it was all still kind of good. And I love to see that! I love to see someone like Mert & Marcus back on the cover of US Vogue. It's like a return to form. Young amateurs can have their playgrounds elsewhere. Looking forward to seeing this in layout.
That was probably a cover try. It is a beautiful photo but looks too beige and the swimsuit is questionable.

She is a Elle MacPherson type of model.

This is GENEROUS to say the least. Kendall doesn't get close to any of the SI/VS/catalogue star models of the past who made you feel SOMETHING from staring at their photographs. Those girls had to pose thousands of times for hours to sell you a basic white tee and some jeans, they learned how to keep it interesting. Kendall just doesn't care to learn, she relies solely on the team to come up with something interesting.

I think she's a beautiful girl, but we know there are countless beautiful girls in this industry and that's not enough. I actually wish she would stop trying to consider herself a model and just be a multi-hyphenate celebrity. I like the cover, it reminds me of summer and she's here to stay but no, she hasn't proven anyone wrong. She still cannot model to save her life; HOWEVER, I think this editorial and cover is one of her better ones. Not bad after 10 years I suppose . . .

Honestly, they did put a lot of effort in this story!

Didn't have Kendall on my vision board for an American Vogue cover, but I like it. I think she is truly her best with M&M is photographing her. Editorial is nice, but not great because it's Kendall and she has no emotion behind her eyes.

What is truly baffling to me and I think millions of people here or elsewhere who care about fashion and ''real'' models is that we ALL know that girl can't model, she can't pose, she can't emote like Raquel or jump like Caroline or bring true force like Naomi or beauty like Christy. She's just another boring girl who wouldn't be near a Vogue cover or her career if it hadn't been for her sister to do... you know what. So it's CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY still after 10 YEARS indeed Anna (gosh how stilly...) to still push for a girl who actually proves all of us right lol that SHE CAN'T MODEL so let me ask the biggest question in the history of time itself (looool) WHY IS SHE STILL HERE??? Goshhh so embarrassing Anna could have used another big celebrity from the Met or Linda Evangelista but nope : again and again that boring girl.

What is truly baffling to me and I think millions of people here or elsewhere who care about fashion and ''real'' models is that we ALL know that girl can't model, she can't pose, she can't emote like Raquel or jump like Caroline or bring true force like Naomi or beauty like Christy. She's just another boring girl who wouldn't be near a Vogue cover or her career if it hadn't been for her sister to do... you know what. So it's CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY still after 10 YEARS indeed Anna (gosh how stilly...) to still push for a girl who actually proves all of us right lol that SHE CAN'T MODEL so let me ask the biggest question in the history of time itself (looool) WHY IS SHE STILL HERE??? Goshhh so embarrassing Anna could have used another big celebrity from the Met or Linda Evangelista but nope : again and again that boring girl.
I agree with you. I do not understand what the editor sees in her. She was in a fashion editorial last month and now on the cover this month. I want to see real models.

She is celebrity model. Btw trash Kim as much as you want but the whole world knows for her and for real models few millions, if that… People like celebrities, that’s why that culture exists… so the answer why is Anna pushing her is simple, very simple. She sells, few Vogue covers were twice printed when she was gracing the cover. And she might be boring to you, but guuurl she is tall, hot, sexy, rich and beautiful.

I am big fan of all great models like Daria, Natasha, Liya… but I do like Kendall. She has a soft spot with me. So just stop hating Kendall on forums. Just face it, she will snatch 100 Vogues like nothing. She will be here for looong time, whether you like it or not!

I love the cover, her pouty lips and the outfit, it's so feminine.
I also like the editorial, great setting and vibe.

Side note: Kendall is still so polarizing that most people, before declaring whether they like or loathe the cover, have to stress if they support Kendall in general or not. It used to be the same with Black models before, people didn't want to sound racist, so they would start their comment with something like "I mean she's beautiful/I adore her, etc. but this cover is bad".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->