V #51 January/February 2008 : Demi Moore by Mario Testino

testinofan

███████████████
Reaction score
Preview of the V#51 Feb/March2008.

01.08.08 V51 PREVIEW: STEVEN KLEIN AND JESSICA STAM
The photographer marks his return to V with stylist Panos Yiapanis and a pile of prints by his side

v51klein_blogL.jpg

The story for Spring skews overwhelmingly toward loud and out-of-control prints and in V51, photographer Steven Klein and stylist Panos Yiapanis present their take on the trend that never dies. In a grunged-out East Village apartment, models Jessica Stam and Luke Worrall get lost in a massive pile of the printed stuff and come out looking like a couple of mangafied (x)urb rave children. It's the look blown to outrageous proportions, with some of the finest fashions pinned to the walls and strewn on the ground. And as with much of Mr. Klein's work, there's that signature sense of something unseemly afoot. Which is exactly how we like it.

Photography Steven Klein

V51 is on newsstands everywhere January 15th.

I wonder if she'll get the cover...I'd like it because I really like this picture. However, Isabeli deserves a cover since her comeback and V would be perfect no?

Is it this issue where Masha Tyelna is supposed to be
?:wub:

Oooh, I so hope it's Stam, she's never had a V Cover yet...

Beautiful! I really, really hope Stammy gets the cover, but I wouldn't mind an Isabeli cover either.

Panos Yiapanis! :crush:

^heu which one????? Dec. issue????

maybe you're right (i like this edit function at the moment...), but still...

that's def. not what i was thinking...
ok for another ed i'm thinking of.. i think it's a 2002-2004 vogue us, eventhough this one is indian, ok... but with a touch of rave and a lot of layyyyyering... indian-folk-punkish-nu-ravish-sporty... hope they won't get into troubles with christians (the jesus is ok there... but we never know it's steven klein, though it looks funny and not that much "scary" klein-ish...)

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not for february/march. its for janaury/february.

It does look like the vogue Italia cover/ed but i prefer this to Miesel's. The colors are more vibrant and the grunge theme makes it more modern.

this ed also reminds me of the Vogue Italia from march 2004 with Karen Elson by Klein as well. The ed were Karen has wears all those weird photoshopped masks. The pose, the make up and the colours really look alike.

So Kenzo...Steven Klein is certainly exploring another theme these days :lol:

kind of reminds me of the new Prada ads!! I like.

Is anyone else really bored with the explosion of prints this season

It was great on Vogue Italia, but it's getting really overused

^This season seems to be very print heavy indeed, right now its not boring but in a couple of months it will get tedious.

All the new ads and editorials lately are sort of running together for me, including this one. Its like a mix of the Dolce & Gabbana campaign and the Dec VI ed. Actually Jessica is practically in the exact same pose as she is in the Dolce ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->