V Magazine #74 Winter 2011 / 2012 : by Terry Richardson

kokurox

Reaction score
23uejaa.jpg

1lmyv.jpg

fzb0jk.jpg

ru0fnr.jpg

MODEL MOMENT: For the first time in two years, models have replaced the usual celebrities on the cover of the new V magazine, which hits newsstands Nov. 8. The title went with four different covers to showcase the pretty faces, which include Candice Swanepoel and Joan Smalls; Daphne Groeneveld and Saskia de Brauw; Sui He and Hanaa Ben Abdesslem, and Bambi Northwood-Blyth and Lindsey Wixson.

“It’s a big moment of change in fashion. In some cases, you feel like it’s the end of an era. I have been feeling this with cover subjects, and especially models,” explained Carine Roitfeld, who styled the Terry Richardson-lensed covers. “These eight girls are unique, not one is like the other. Candice is the only blonde and blue-eyed of this new generation of supermodels. Joan is black, Sui He is Asian, Hanna is North African. It’s their diversity that makes each of them, to me, truly modern. They bring a new energy to fashion.”

On Sunday, V will celebrate the issue with a Halloween party at the gay nightclub Escuelita, hosted by Richardson, Swanepoel, Smalls, Northwood-Blyth and He.
wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't like any of these covers... Sui He and Hanna's is the only slightly acceptable one... Was Mario Testino busy?

good timing, halloween is just right around the corner. thanx for the inspiration carine!

My thoughts exactly, Bambi. I, too, am dumbstruck by these covers.

:lol: I kind of love how over the top this is. Sue me.

First you get excited to see Sui He when you open the thread, then you think it looks too tacky and by the time you've scrolled past the 2nd cover you're just grossed out. Only to realize that it apparently can get even worse. The Candice/Joan one and the Bambi/Wixson one are so horrid I can't even. Did Carine really style this, has she gone nuts?

This is tacky. So tacky actually. Amateur-ish at its best. What a waste.

Look very tacky! but only like the red cover with Daphne & Sakia

not good covers at all but i don't think they're THAT horrible either..
still quite exciting to see such a diverse cast and they all look pretty actually ^_^

also it's kinda weird that a fashion magazine is having a "model issue" :doh:

At least Hanaa and Sui look divine. Easily the best pairing of the bunch.

When I saw 'V74' I thought 'Yey it's out; but then I saw it was by Terry and ny hopes were crushed. The only cover I might consider buying is Candice's and Joan's and that's only because I like the models . The others ones are a hot tranny mess.

Loving the cast but as I've said before Terry works best when he shoots outside his studio. His studio shots are awful and this is no exception. Loving the casting though.

Candice is the only blonde and blue-eyed of this new generation of supermodels. Joan is black, Sui He is Asian, Hanna is North African.

I laughed at these two sentences. Candice is South African tbh.

love the cast, horrible execution plus don't even start with the styling, does Carrine really style them? hate the make up as well ah yes another low point, the tacky background! I love the background with colors but this is too tacky

sui & hanna's cover is the best hands down but this isn't great overall

Last edited by a moderator:
Powerhouse
Art Direction: Paul Rowland
Photography: Salvatore Morale
Illustration: Sissel Kardel

Ford Models

Founded: 1946 Location(s:( 57 West 57th Street, PH Who are your current stars? Alana Zimmer, Anna Jagodzinska, Anais Mali, Catherine McNeil, Crystal Renn, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Karmen Pedaru, Maryna Linchuk, Sigrid Agren, Tao Okamoto, and Valerija Kelava. Who are your most promising up-and-comers? Andie Arthur, Antonia Wesseloh, Bambi Northwood Blyth, Corinna Ingenleuf, Erjona Ala, Julie Nobis, Julia Saner, Karolina Waz, Kate King, Lara Mullen, Laura Love, Ming Xi, Ondria Hardin, and Ruby Jean Wilson. What is the most coveted job for a model? Cosmetics contracts and personal branding. What separates you from other agencies? In terms of beauty, we tend to set trends as opposed to following them. If you could take any legendary model from the past and manage him or her now, who would it be? Christy Turlington, hands down. What is the most difficult part of your job? Wanting a girl’s career for her more than she does for herself. What is the secret to longevity? Not compromising your integrity. How has the industry changed in the last 10 years? It has become more about commerce and less about art. How has it changed in the last year? It hasn’t. Team motto: There isn’t one.
vmagazine

Couture 2011
Photography:
Danielle Duella & Iango Henzi
Styling: Joanne Blades
Models: Saskia de Brauw, Emily Baker, Zuzanna Bijoch, Joan Smalls, Candice Swanepoel, Aymeline Valade, Kristina Salinovic & Valerija Kelava
Make-Up: Hannah Murray
Hair: Luigi Murenu

vmagazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petitealiix91
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->