V Magazine #74 Winter 2011 / 2012 : by Terry Richardson

I wish the pairings were a little different, and I wish they would've given Emily Baker a cover. They could've paired Charlotte with Bambi (not sure why she got a cover or is even in this list), and Sui He with Emily. I love when Saskia and Daphne are paired together, but it would've been great to see Daphne with Lindsey. They compliment each other in my opinion. The styling is really over the top, but I like it the more I look at it. I think the combination of the styling and the photography throws me off, though. It's almost.. too much all at once?

i am really confused on why they are saying these are the first model covers in 2 years. what about V #66 (Fall 2010 Preview) The Sexy Body Issue with Lily, Adrianna, Eniko, Isabeli, and Natasha. That was only one year ago...

did the writer just forget about these or do these covers not apply??

I'm so disappointed about the covers, I was expecting so much more and if Carine had touch with this it makes me even more disappointed. I'm just happy for Candice Swanepoel. And why on the earth they didn't give cover to Aymeline? :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
And I think it would be better to edit title to V#74 Winter 2011 , to be easier for search :flower: .

I like the tackiness and over the top-ness of the covers for exactly that reason, I enjoy something trashy every now and then... and being Terry it could have been so vulgar on top of that.

Do they think this styling will appeal to the regular buyer now that there´s not a celeb on the cover...?

I like it. I like how over the top it is. Love the cast. Live a little!

don't like the covers but if I have to pick one it will be the one with hanaa and sui. But why Saskia is always p*ssed?

These covers are awful and the problem begins and ends with the styling, looking at you Carine. Perhaps the backgrounds are a factor too, but I am not sure that those would not have worked under other circumstances. I could not figure out how to articulate the problem until I read vogue28's post where he references trash-chic. Now I have enjoyed many a trash-chic cover and ed, but where I think these covers fell short is that they highlight resort / cruise collections, and even clothes from luxury houses tend to trend towards casual in resort collections, so the high-low effect can get lost. The typical high-low ensemble is to pair a Chanel jacket with jeans or cut off shorts and Gucci stilettos and there just isn't a luxury vibe here, I recognize Givenchy on Saskia but it still looks shiny and cheap, and I just can't with those leis, perhaps they could work over an elegant Valentino or Jean-Paul Gaultier dress for the high-low effect here, but I am visualizing that these women have flip-flops on their feet and a Big Gulp within arms reach.

Come on the models look like characters in a Wayans Brothers movie where they work at some place called Jiffy Mart and they call into a radio show and win a free trip to a resort and a $500 shopping spree at Target. This is not Carine's finest hour.
[/rant over]

P.S. Sui He and Hanaa's cover is passable because they are both so doggone beautiful.

First and foremost, Candice!! :D
Lol I honestly love these! They're so over the top.
Personally, I'm getting the Bambi and Lindsay one.

Come on the models look like characters in a Wayans Brothers movie where they work at some place called Jiffy Mart and they call into a radio show and win a free trip to a resort and a $500 shopping spree at Target. This is not Carine's finest hour.
[/rant over]

Best. Comment. EVER. :rofl: :rofl: Karma for that!!!

Carine, girl, what did you do?!! :o
I'm literally at a loss for words...

Sui, IMO, is the ONLY one who can pull these clothes off. It should've been a solo cover for her.

The only one I'm gonna get for sure, it's the Daphne & Saskia.
The only cover, that I really like.

Preview
V has always loved to feature the moment’s hottest catwalkers inside their pages, but for the first time in years fresh faces are truly the stars of the show. With 2011′s top girls headlining the whole issue V74 serves to encapsulate a moment within the industry. It’s been a long while since magazines have embraced models as viable cover options: given the omnipresent images of actresses, musicians and Kardashians on American mags of late, it is refreshing to see a model staring back at you. Candice, Joan, Lindsey, Bambi, Sui He, Daphne, Saskia and Hanaa are the stars of today and the mix of distinctive faces says a lot about the current mood. Now is the time for individuality: gone are the days of cookie cutter girls who couldn’t resonate with the public. The new breed of fashion stars are characterized by their uniqueness.
Presenting an exclusive models.com preview of V 74 / the model issue, with a behind-the-scenes video of the cover shoot – shot by Terry Richardson and styled by Carine Roitfeld, a never before seen preview of the new Inez and Vinoodh major retrospective book “Pretty Much Everything” (coming out in December) and the powerhouse feature once again taping New York’s best agencies with contributions from DNA, Next, Ford, Women, Supreme and IMG showcasing their girls and boys at their most beautiful. View the hot off the presses images – only in MDX.

V 74 will be on newsstands November 8 2011 – for more V please go to www.vmagazine.com or on Twitter @vmagazine
mTaKI.gif

models

After & Before
Models: Shalom Harlow, Maggie Rizer, Jessica Miller, Kirsten Owen, Hannelore Knuts
Photographers: Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin
Styling: Melanie Ward

models

^Very cool editorial! Great seeing Shalom & Maggie!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
throcher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->