vanity fair magazines

missy-t1

Reaction score
They always have interesting covers and photos, whether they're celebs or models. It seems that they have a theme for every issue. I'm not sure if the magazine is any good or not, never bought it, but just like looking at the pics.

Here is a cover an issue just before the Oscars 2005, taken by Annie Leivobitz(sp?). They had some really nice pics inside too.

pic.bmp

From L-R: Uma Thurman, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Claire Danes, Scarlett Johansson, Rosario Dawson, Zhang Zihi, Kerry Washiington, Kate Bosworth, Sienna Miller.

Anyone got any more?

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. I think Vanity Fair's covers are boring, uninspired, and and as of late kinda misogynistic with all the girls in bikinis and cleavage revealing outfits.

Vanity Fair was cool at some point, perhaps back in 1993 or whenever they put that shocking cover with Cindy Crawford shaving kd lang, or Demi Moore pregnant. Those were the times when they were pushing the envelope and the magazine had a strategy to stand out and be different. But as of late, they've had nothing but the "hottie" of the month, and it easily blends in with other magazines such as Hollywood Life, and worse, Maxim and FHM.

Their Annie L. spreads, once breathtaking, have become so utterly boring and insipid, shoving Uma Thurman, Nicole Kidman, and Cate Blanchett and others down our throats to ridiculous repetitious proportions, while leaving seriuosly accomplished actresses with small roles in their covers. I will never get over VF putting Drew Barrymore on their cover in 2003 for the first time. Drew has been around as a serious actress since 1993 and it took them 10 years to recognize her while Angelina Jolie makes some nude appearance in a film and she gets four thousand VF covers. Unforgivable.

I'm also wondering what will happen to their advertising. VF always did a good job of appealing to both sexes, however as of late, with all the scantily clad women in their covers, I wonder if advertisers for handbags, for example, will begin pulling out.

We'll see. But no, VF sucks, in my opinion.

I tend to read the articles more htan look at the pictures. They're fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->