Vanity Fair March 2005 : Hollywood Issue by Annie Leibovitz

violet100

Reaction score
qosrd5.jpg
163x233_vanityfair_cover_hollywoodissue_050128_conde.jpg

Uma Thurman, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet...and in the fold-out Scarlett Johansson, Claire Danes, Rosario Dawson, Kerry Washington, Ziyi Zhang, Sienna Miller and Kate Bosworth.

ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
violet100 said:
163x233_vanityfair_cover_hollywoodissue_050128_conde.jpg

Uma Thurman, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet...and in the fold-out Scarlett Johansson, Claire Danes, Rosario Dawson, Kerry Washington, Ziyi Zhang, Sienna Miller and Kate Bosworth.

Wow. Off I go to get my copy :smile:

That's a very random assortment of people. I agree with putting Cate and Kate on there, and I guess I figured they'd put Scarlett, but there are some odd choices. I love Calire, but I don't see why she's on the cover. I am pleasantly surprised Nicole Kidman isn't on it.

i like the outside-cover choices, some on the inside are rather not appropriate (like sienna, for example...)
outside cover looks really good, though

Sounds like they were in a scramble to find people for the inside cover. Claire Danes,Sienna Miller, and Rosario do not have careers comparable to the three on the cover and have no place in this issue. VF has a rep of crowning the next "it" actress/actor that never pans out.

I wish they wouldn't have put Uma in White. I have a question, where's Natalie Portman?

I loved this issue when they put more lesser-known-up&comers on the cover. The first one was devine. Anyone remember? Gwenyth Paltrow was there. LLemme see if I can find a pic...

Darn- can't find a pic. It used to hang on the inside door of my closet. ll the girls, but Gwenyth, were in their skivvies... Uma Thurman, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Patricia Arquette, Linda Fiorentino, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Julianne Moore, Angela Bassett & Sandra Bullock

I wish they would've had Natalie Portman there instead of Rosario, Sienna, or Claire...she's had some critically lauded films, lately, unlike the prior three....

Sienna Miller?????

Rosario Dawson - Alexander
Ziyi Zhang - House of Flying Daggers
Kerry Washington - Ray
Kate Bosworth - Beyond the Sea

Sienna Miller - engaged to Jude Law?!! and a bit part in Alfie.

Thats because Sienna has gone through stage school and only just got into proper acting......

I think this issue is meant to celebrate promising up and comers as well as those that have already proven themselves, hence Sienna, Kerry, etc. Past issues have represented a mix, as well. Might not seem so in retrospect since most of the "newbies" of the past issues are now quite famous...

Seriously, never met anyone here in the states who knows who Sienna Miller is. Except the occasional few that know her as Jude Law's girlfriend. BAD choice. And I agree Natalia Portman should be on the cover.

Uma.:heart:

SCBl0ndie said:
And I agree Natalia Portman should be on the cover.

She is, after all, nominated for an Oscar:huh: She really should have been on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->