Velvet - La Repubblica's new fashion magazine

Leviathan

Reaction score
Italian newspaper La Repubblica, known for its weekly publication D mag, is launching a new, monthly fashion magazine.

The Premiere issue of Velvet is to be released on November 9, 2006.

[manzoniadvertising.com]

Creative Director Joel Berg has [very informally] described the new publication as aspiring to be something of a mix between V and W. So the level of ambition, at least, seems high. ^_^

I found very little on this online, and my Italian is, err, not good. So if anyone has more info, please post. :flower:

Very interesting! That's an old image of Solange on the cover, though, isn't it? Or am I just hallucinating...

I've been hearing about this as well-
but I don't really have anything else to add...
i think that Rachele Bagnato-formerly a fashion editor for D mag, then an editor for Italian Marie Claire-is involved...
not sure- but she may be the fashion director.

Joel is really talented imo...
i will be curious to see what this looks like...

must be trying to compete with Flair?...i guess..

Hmm, although it does reminds me of an old Solange picture, I'd still like to know what is inside. :]

Weird to choose an old pic for the launch issue (assuming that's the actual, finalized cover).... But anyways, always interesting with new mags to waste your money on! :woot: :P Except, if it's going to be sold with La Repubblica, then I guess you won't be able to get it anywhere else? :ermm:

I'm pretty sure that's just a prototype cover..

Anyway, I'm curious to see what Velvet will be like. The little I've heard and read about it sounds promising.

the cover is for sure a reprint!
wasn't Joel B. AD for Benetton??!! is it the same?

must be trying to compete with Flair?...i guess..
same here.

I wonder what it will be like. May have to get relatives in Italy to mail it to me or hunt down La Rebuplica in London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->