Veronique Branquinho

it's just too bad it isn't the other way round--prada....closed! gucci...closed! LV...CLOSED!!!

and that's the terrible thing about this...it always affects the indies 9/10 times. talents with less disposable revenue.

Veronique Branquinho returns to Ready-To-Wear

I didn't know if I should have made a new thread so I bumped this one

Branquinho Returns

LAUREN MILLIGAN 25 June 2012

VERONIQUE BRANQUINHO is returning to fashion under her own name, three years after filing for bankruptcy. The designer - who most recently presented a lingerie collection with local label Marie Jo L'Aventure at Antwerp Fashion Week - is set to return to the ready-to-wear schedule in Paris, with a slightly lower-priced offering than her former eponymous brand.

Created along with Italian clothing manufacturer Gibò, who has reportedly also invested in her company, the collection will be a "bit more adult" than her former designs, Branquinho says.
"I've always been a no-nonsense girl, I think," the designer told WWD. "My approach is also like that and I think this is something people are looking for - honest things… Before, I had an independent company. I was responsible for everything. In this new situation, it feels so comfortable, because I'm only busy with the creative part."

"Gibò will focus on re-establishing the brand in quality stores around the world starting with ready-to-wear and shoes, followed in the future by accessories," the Italian manufacturer added.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/rea...ho-returning-to-rtw-5989561?module=hp-markets
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/06/25/veronique-branquinho-returns---catwalk-comeback

That can only be good news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news indeed. Looking forward to seeing her new stuff. Thanks for posting ^_^

Yeah I was so upset about her departure, really happy she is returning to her namesake label.

YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

sorry but so thrilled when i saw this :wink:

and yes indeed....honest....and unfussy. that's how i always felt about her.

but branquinho hasn't been totally invisible these last years....she's also worked a sunglass line for linda farrow,a collaboration shoe-line with camper and her line of handbags for the belgian leather-goods company delvaux.

btw,i had just mentioned branquinho's sublime style in relation to jil sander the other day and now this has been announced. i've been dreaming about branquinho's return for a good while.

Much like Jil, she is all about strong, independent women. Anxious (and i must say am kind of confused) about what she meant by "a bit more adult" collection.

Great news! :buzz:

sounds good-
lower priced for sure. My guess is that is will be less bohemian and less dramatic and a bit more practical and wearable.

And, yes, Scott- I remember you mentioning VB just the other day in relation to JS and I think the comparison is apt. I believe that their upcoming designs will be along the same lines.

Good news for me, definitely...
^_^

well **** between jil, hedi and this how am i supposed to save for my kid's education?

Awesome! :heart:

It just makes so much sense with all these independent names getting back in the game too. Now I'm only crossing fingers for Bruno Pieters.

Great to know! But if I'm not mistaken, VB and Raf Simons used to be a couple, now good friends, so it isn't surprising to sense a kindred spirit between VB and Jil Sander.

i think what was always so fascinating about watching branquinho was seeing the evolution in her work. she literally grew up with every collection she produced. her early years were so supremely beautiful and i hold them very dear to me but they had a drama and a certain sense of rebellion....but as the noughties rolled in,the feeling moved away from that sort of adolescent drama into grown up,almost classical clothes. nevertheless,the one attribute,or two,shall i say,that remained so very true to branquinho was her unabashed sense of simplicity and craft. i can recall visiting the louis shop in antwerp where her full range was carried and i was just so taken by all the little elements you never blatantly saw in a photo or on a catwalk. there was still this mystery about her work,an inspection one had to experience in person that often left me feeling utterly delighted. to be honest there's not enough mystery in fashion anymore.

Jil, Hedi and now Veronique! *swoon* (Now let me dream of Hemlut's return in spite how unlikely that actually is.)
I hope whatever she has to offer, she does so within her old decorum, mixing masculine and feminine a lot, which I can never get enough of... She's surely been missed when it comes to RTW, her intellectual and sentimental approach should bring a bit of that mystery scott previously mentioned which uninspired fashion of today significantly lacks.
Will she show in Sept then?

It's lovely to hear a designer who suffered through the recession is coming back. It being Veronique makes it doubly special.

^thank you!

I love what she says (following the dark mood/doom generation quote)
about not taking her influences as literally now and how that's part
of growing up....smart smart.

Also, Markus Schinwald. :woot::heart:

great article and VB looks as beautiful and luminous as ever. and inge did the make-up too :wub:

shiseido uniform designed by her you'll see soon at their corner shop/counter in the department stores

afpbb

Attachments

• img_ce79.jpg
    img_ce79.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back