Victoria's Secret 'The Icon Collection' 2023 by Mikael Jansson

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cast includes Gisele Bündchen, Naomi Campbell, Adriana Lima, Candice Swanepoel, Adut Akech, Emily Ratajkowski, Paloma Elsesser, Hailey Bieber and Sui He:

I'm rather surprised that in this particular line-up, Paloma's shot stood out the most to me. I'm not overly impressed with the campaign.

Why Hailey and Emily? I get they're bigger names in the industry these days but I don't associate them with VS at all. Swap those two out for Taylor Hill and Grace Elizabeth or any of the former angels.

Emrata and her platypus lips had no business here giving absolutely nothing

At least hailey’s doesn’t look that bad

they all look bored and so are we with this campaign.

I really like this, it's good direction for them.

Paloma looks quite gorgeous here.

I actually quite love it! totally here for Gisele and I really like that Adriana has embraced her new body after her newest kid. It’s a good mix of old and new generations (even of I despise hailey and emily mostly).
Paloma looks gorg!

It’s really interesting because social media seemed to be past Victoria’s Secret…
I guess now that Y2K is coming back, we don’t mind having skinny girls with a token big girl?
Karolina Kurkova should have been part of the cast. Icons mixed with people who have never earned that status bothers me.

Not a fan of seeing her in fashion magazines, but VS is what Emily was made for. She's in her element here.

VS THE ICON 2023 (UHQ)
Photography: Mikael Jansson
Styling: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Shay Ashual
Make-up: Mark Carrasquillo
Models: Hailey Bieber, Adut Akech, Paloma Elsesser, Candice Swanepoel, Naomi Campbell, Emily Ratajkowski, Gisele Bündchen, Adriana Lima & Sui He

theimpression.com

Was Alessandra too busy for this?
I hope so! I find her one-dimensional face super annoying..

I think this is beneath Gisele and even Candice. Probably beneath Naomi too but we all know she invited herself to this and may have even showed up unannounced as soon as she heard there was an 'Icons' project in the making.

Lol at Hailey's number to make it seem like she does not have the shortest torso in the world. The amount of airbrushing on Paloma is also crazy. She does look as great as.. she can, but it just highlights how disingenuous these strategies are, there's no in-between and both sides are subjected to a type of conditional work that reminds you the change is superficial.. you either commit to the lifestyle that achieves a very specific body, and they'll leave little things like stretch marks or pores to make you relatable, or they'll hire you for being super relatable but airbrush the hell out of you for the aspirational effect.

Also think it's hilarious that despite the scandals, the amount of criticism and scrutiny they're still under, they still don't get the memo and still think it's about the models and that if only they rearrange them differently, they might finally get out of their financial predicament :lol:. Once they adopted the beauty pageant format to survive on public television (the 'it's my childhood dream and biggest professional ambition to walk the VS show in a thong! :holdingbacktears:' vs. the pre-2002 'we gathered the most sophisticated, unattainable high fashion models you will never see next door'), they dug their own grave and can't seem to understand the brand as anything other than a suspended-in-time, Miss Universe souvenir type of store, just look at those 3/4 cups from 2006, the stupid padding, the textures, the bands, the straps, the bottoms. There are so many amazing brands of lingerie and swimwear now and it's baffling they really think they can compete by recycling the same bra from 2002, 2008, 2012, 2018 and just changing the color and print. For what it's supposed to do (t-shirt bra, I assume), just go Skims...

What’s utterly more ridiculous and even more hilarious is that not only is a stylist “required”, but a prominent one like Camilla, to essentially put basic underwear on women LMFAO …Did she even had to show up to put bras and panties on adults…???? Couldn’t the women “style” themselves…?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->