Vogue Adria May 2024 : Abby Champion by Thomas Giddings

This is interesting… A number for May that is out 15th of May and no sight on their site about this issue just instagram post. Extremly bad marketing techniques. (Why not publish it first week of May, cover at least one week prior to hype it a little bit.)

And tfs were screaming at Vogue Italia when would be 5 days late during beloved Franca ❤️🪽 era but at least it was Meisel so… This is thrid cover…Adria for Croatia, Serbia & Slovenia… still no sight of Faretta, Kelava on the cover, or any other Croatian or Slovenian model. This is pissing me off!!!

As for the cover, to dark and to depressing. Abby is a stunning girl, they should’ve toned it down. I am happy for Abby snatching the cover, but sad for Vogue Adria, yet another disappointment from their side.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I like it. I'm a fan of Abby's work and I appreciate the consistency in logo colour and text placement. Better than the first two covers.

It's definitely the only cover that I find good from Vogue Adria so far if I were being honest. Abby's a strong model, and the plain white text works in a monohromatic dark setup.

I'm not sure, though, if having plain white logo every single issue is a good thing. Vogue Scandinavia already bores me; I hope they won't turn into that.

It's also hilarious that they just released their May cover when five other Vogue editions have already unveiled their June covers.

Vogue #003​

Gracing the cover of the third edition of Vogue Adria is the top-model Abby Champion, while the May edition features Ivana Španović, Michelangelo Pistoletto, and Mauro Masseratto. Alongside celebrating the pinnacle of the fashion calendar – the Met Gala, and reflecting on one of the most attended art events – Venice Biennale, the May issue also presents a travel supplement. This supplement serves as a guide through the region, inviting readers on a journey that embraces diversity and celebrates unique perspectives, practices, and worldviews.

IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_1924.jpeg
IMG_1920.png
IMG_1921.png
IMG_1922.png
IMG_1923.png
IMG_1919.png
(vogueadria.com)

Looks like a strong cover to me. Especially with her gaze, and the dress combined with the car.

What could be a great cover is ruined by hideous styling.

Spot on! And sooooo many of them. I have a theory about this and it involves most stylists either being socialites or nepo babies or generally people who get these jobs due to key connections. This is why I am mostly suspicious of stylists and there are very, very few of them who I respect. Whilst photographers do indeed need to show talent due to the visual nature of the field, stylists don't. I see so many photographers doing miracles with the crappy styling of many, though so often, not even that helps.

You know what? At least they credited Steven Meisel and not Klein! Which is better than some OTHER editions of Vogue.

IMG_2193.jpeg
Photographer: Franjo Matković
Styling: Ana Nikačević
Makeup: Marko Nikolić for L’Oreal Paris
Hair: Zvezdana Svetozarević
(vogueadria.com)
IMG_2185.jpeg
IMG_2186.jpeg
IMG_2187.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_2190.jpeg
IMG_2191.jpeg
IMG_2192.jpeg
Ivana Španović is new L’Oreal Paris ambassador and she is a Serbian long jumper, the 2023 World champion, a two-time World indoor champion, a two-time European champion, a three-time European indoor champion and a five-time Diamond League Trophy Winner.

This is interesting… A number for May that is out 15th of May and no sight on their site about this issue just instagram post. Extremly bad marketing techniques. (Why not publish it first week of May, cover at least one week prior to hype it a little bit.)

And tfs were screaming at Vogue Italia when would be 5 days late during beloved Franca ❤️🪽 era but at least it was Meisel so… This is thrid cover…Adria for Croatia, Serbia & Slovenia… still no sight of Faretta, Kelava on the cover, or any other Croatian or Slovenian model. This is pissing me off!!!

As for the cover, to dark and to depressing. Abby is a stunning girl, they should’ve toned it down. I am happy for Abby snatching the cover, but sad for Vogue Adria, yet another disappointment from their side.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I think the reason why they just published their May issue is because the launch was late. If you download their media kit, it says that the first issue was supposed to be on sale on 27th of February, but the sale date was 12th of March. Not sure if with double issue they will catch up.

Vogue Media kit.png

She's a good print model and dedicates to the role but unfortunately they made her look like a wrestler taking pictures for her 2025 calendar.

If only the styling of the cover was better. I really like the mood and she looks absooutely gorgeous.. Cute ed but as well, quite a weak styling.

I dont know Ivana but she looks good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kev007
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->