Vogue Brazil December 2008 : Madonna by Steven Klein

I find the lighting on her face is to much...i mean too dark and harsh. Makes her look pissed a bit.

Well, since people feel free to accuse people of unsupported bias without a proper countering argument I'll give my take on the cover. It's crappy. There's something odd about the top's fit and perhaps the angle of the shot. Madge's bottom half looks as if the cover designers' badly cobbled it together with photoshop. I'm assuming her face looks better in print.

The red font is nice :flower:.

:woot: Can't wait to read the supplement! Thanks for all the scans Pedro.
Idk if it's already being sold in my city, in these moments I would like to live in São Paulo...

exactly!

VP & VI are always examined to the smallest details, from cover through eds, to choice of models and photographers...

Regarding this issue, seems to me that there are more people who like the cover than those who don't.
Well, I have to agree that Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia are examined to exhaustion each and every month, but I still think that if this were a Vogue Paris or Vogue Italia cover, everybody would go crazy about it.

"Platinium Blonde"
Model: Ana Claudia Michels
Ph.: Jacques Dequeker

Scanned by Pipoca

Ana Claudia looks good, I like styling and bright lightning.

Editorial: "Dama de Ouros"
Models: Léo Avila and Siri Tollerod
Ph.: Henrique Gendre

Scanned by Bruna Brianti

Great to see Siri in Vogue Brazil :woot: she looks good.

The casting on Siri's story is just not working for me. Am I legitimately supposed to believe that those two are involved in erotic entanglements? Siri and Leo have the collective heat of an icebox. It just doesn't work.

So far, I like everything I've seen in this issue, although I must agree with Luxx, Siri and Leo don't work well together.

Well, I have to agree that Vogue Paris and Vogue Italia are examined to exhaustion each and every month, but I still think that if this were a Vogue Paris or Vogue Italia cover, everybody would go crazy about it.

If VI or VP put Madonna on the cover the first 6 pages (twice that for VP) would be posters gnashing about a) another terribly, over-exposed celebrity on the cover; b) the injustice done to the model rumoured to get the cover in the cover rumour thread; c) how many other new girls should have gotten it and/or a model long featured in the mag who should have gotten it; d) why it wasn't a super instead, if they have to go big go with a big model. A smaller contingent would pick the photo apart and pronounce it totally not fashion forward. Thyere would be a sprinkle of Madonna fans voicing support -- "Well, I like anything with Madonna, she's amazing :blush::heart:" -- bolstered by others who honestly like the cover on its own terms. As a bonus we'd get a sweet poster angrily questioning why this old, out-dated crone is still getting any attention provoking others to list all of Madonna's career highs since the earth was formed and pointing out how sexist the word "crone" is.

I can't imagine any other outcome. tFSers might be willing to give those two magazines the benefit of the doubt, or some leniency because of truly phenomenal past issues...but crazy over a celebrity cover that isn't Kate Moss on two of the most respected Vogues (generally speaking)? Maybe the tFS in parellel universe 12.

Complete Review:

Vogue Jewels: "Brilho Solar" with Manoela Ew / Ph.: Debby Gram

*1- "Madonna" with Madonna / Ph.: Steven Klein

*2- "Dama de Ouros" with Léo Avila and Siri Tollerod / Ph.: Henrique Gendre

*3- "Alô, boneca!" with Isadora di Domenico and Rhaísa Batista / Ph.: Gui Paganini

*4- "A Noite É Longa..." with Karlie Kloss / Ph.: Terry Richardson (Re-print Vogue UK November 2008)

*5- "Platinum Blonde" with Ana Cláudia Michels / Ph.: Jacques Dequeker

Vogue Jewels: "Brilho Solar"
Model: Manoela Ew
Ph.: Debby Gram

Scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->