Vogue France May 2024 : Céline Dion by Cass Bird

Great to see Celine on a Vogue cover! A pleasant surprise. There is a shot of her wearing YSL and she looks fierce.

Hate her pose on the first cover. The preview shot with the same dress looks much better.

The second cover is alright.

I can't believe this is her first Vogue cover. It's crazy considered she always show interest in fashion and her style has always been great especially in the 90s. She should have a few during her prime.

Back to the actual cover, it's quite underwhelming, it's not atrocious but it also doesn't do much.
Also this type of announcement/comeback cover works best for Vogue US, Vogue France just doesn't have the same impact.

And one last thing, please, please NO more celebrity personal stylist inside fashion magazines. Enough is enough already.

A pleasant surprise! I love the second cover. I hope that’s the one I receive!

could have been better

Not crazy about Celine, not crazy about that Mugler dress either, but I love the first cover! It's fresh, it's fashion and it's fun. I may even be tempted to get this.

The second cover is annoying.

That portrait in Schiaparelli above would've made a much more stunning cover imo

I'm glad she's feeling well enough to be returning to spotlight. She looks fantastic and it is indeed quite surprising that this is her first Vogue cover, but then again, she comes from a generation of musicians when Vogue's covers rightfully belonged (for the most part) to fashion models of the time. It's good to see her now. However, I dislike both of those covers. And I really don't like that Alaia dress.

Oh I had no idea this was her first Vogue cover either, that's pretty crazy
It's fine for what it is, glad to see her doing well

She looks ridiculous!
I don’t think Law Roach is the stylist he thinks he is but nevertheless, kudos to him for snatching 3 Vogue covers.

It’s not surprising that Celine has never been on the cover of Vogue. In France, she is a « popular » singer at first and Vogue is in it essence, very elitist. The new generation doesn’t see the world that way but essentially, popular personalities appeared on Elle and Marie Claire.

Very few celebrities in France have that thing where they speaks to elitist crowd and mainstream crowds.

And French fashion has historically always preferred the association with actresses.

I wish the shoot was more lively, that she wore soft shapes in soft fabrics, that the shoot had more movement.
It doesn’t work.

But I’m happy to see Celine doing good. I want to listen to « Sous le vent » suddenly. Lol

It’s not surprising that Celine has never been on the cover of Vogue. In France, she is a « popular » singer at first and Vogue is in it essence, very elitist. The new generation doesn’t see the world that way but essentially, popular personalities appeared on Elle and Marie Claire.

Very few celebrities in France have that thing where they speaks to elitist crowd and mainstream crowds.

And French fashion has historically always preferred the association with actresses.
The complete revisionism of who makes the cover of a magazine and why is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to tFS magazine threads lately!!! Like you said, why would she have made the cover of Vogue Paris (or any Vogue) before this? During her heyday, that just wasn't what Vogue was about. It's so inane to deny this.

Not to mention, people seem to forget that print media used to be so much more robust with many, many music magazines or others celebrities could appear on... not just Vogue?

It's a dress...? Looks like the back of a coat that she's holding up to cover her shame. What a bizarre choice. It's to get attention? Love her but eugh...

I feel her whole thing and the fashion persona were constructed for the comeback and clout. Numerous other celebrities have worse conditions and are going silently through it. Why we had no GQ/Esquire/Time Bruce Willis covers when it was announced he is declining?

The whole thing feels softly forced, the styling is atrocious. Law Roach lacks taste, what he makes up in connections it seems. I miss when fashion sense and taste put people forward, not connections first and then talent. At least Zendaya and Timothée look modelesque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->