Vogue France May 2024 : Céline Dion by Cass Bird

All for Céline Dion landing the cover of Vogue but this is atrocious. Cass Bird's photography (as to be expected) is amateur beyond belief and the styling from Law Roach ain't much better, beyond underwhelming. Absolutely loathe how Céline's wearing that Alaïa coat...

Okay…Hmm… Mixed feelings… I LOOOVE Celine and I know how much this means to her and bcs of that I am happy that she finally git the cover of Vogue, but I don’t like the styling at all, plus some other pics from editorial would served so much better as a cover.

We live in a world where “nobodies” and so called “insta w**res” are getting covers of Vogue editions worldwide and bcs of that, finally, well deserved Queen Celine is where she belongs. I will buy few copies bcs it’s Celine and hopfully she is feeling better. ❤️

I feel her whole thing and the fashion persona were constructed for the comeback and clout. Numerous other celebrities have worse conditions and are going silently through it. Why we had no GQ/Esquire/Time Bruce Willis covers when it was announced he is declining?

The whole thing feels softly forced, the styling is atrocious. Law Roach lacks taste, what he makes up in connections it seems. I miss when fashion sense and taste put people forward, not connections first and then talent. At least Zendaya and Timothée look modelesque.
Are you serious now??? Like for real???

First of all she is the OG Music Superstar Queen. Don’t forget best selling female singer of all time, LIKE ALLLLLL TIME. Taylor Swift and Adele still are not close. Gurrrl she still sells like crazy without huge PR or selling her sex appeal or whatever. In France every single album has sold more than 3 million not to talk about 90ties where that number would be 5x bigger.

Yes, every celebrity is fighting their personal stuff on different ways, she has been diagnosed with very rare illness and I am glad she publicly talks about it, so NO, it wasn’t consturced comeback, she is just being CELINE!

It is boring and conservative but I really like it. You can see she is very fashionable cause the clothes don't wear her.

Hope she's feeling better. :flower:

First of all she is the OG Music Superstar Queen.
What? She's not the first "OG Music Superstar Queen".. what is with this delusion and constant revisionism.

In the context of Vogue Paris... wasn't Sylvie Vartan the only real singer they put on the cover (which she had about 3 or 4 times, I think). Marie Laforêt had a couple covers, too. I suppose, if you wanna stretch it, fine... Brigitte Bardot could count, too.

Why we had no GQ/Esquire/Time Bruce Willis covers when it was announced he is declining?

Well, Bruce Willis has dementia and Celine has a disease that affects her muscles, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they're pretty different.

Everything about this is awful. Can this roach clown just stick to dressing Zendaya? They are both unbearable at this point.
Dion doesn't make it as a Vogue woman. She has always exuded that Las Vegas tackiness.

What? She's not the first "OG Music Superstar Queen".. what is with this delusion and constant revisionism.

In the context of Vogue Paris... wasn't Sylvie Vartan the only real singer they put on the cover (which she had about 3 or 4 times, I think). Marie Laforêt had a couple covers, too. I suppose, if you wanna stretch it, fine... Brigitte Bardot could count, too.
A few singers has graced the cover of Vogue Paris I think? Francoise Hardy, Jane Birkin.. the recent one includes Vanessa Paradis, Charlotte Gainsbourg & Rihanna..

I meant singers in the past before Celine's era, not more "modern" singers. I forgot about Jane Birkin and Francoise Hardy, though.

i dunno kids these days have all world history at their fingertips but struggle and think that transgenderism is new and Organic foods were invented in 2009…i dont get it. Like back in the day we ate veggie burgers to keep trim. Now its a lifestyle statement….

I mean yea this is awful. Nothing special barely any fashion here. Also IIRC Celine was into fashion but rarely “hit”. I remember a lot of her red carpet struggles by Dior Couture etc…

Last edited:
Are you serious now??? Like for real???

First of all she is the OG Music Superstar Queen. Don’t forget best selling female singer of all time, LIKE ALLLLLL TIME. Taylor Swift and Adele still are not close. Gurrrl she still sells like crazy without huge PR or selling her sex appeal or whatever. In France every single album has sold more than 3 million not to talk about 90ties where that number would be 5x bigger.

Yes, every celebrity is fighting their personal stuff on different ways, she has been diagnosed with very rare illness and I am glad she publicly talks about it, so NO, it wasn’t consturced comeback, she is just being CELINE!
Lol, you misspelled Madonna. Celine, Taylor and Adele aren't close. :ermm: :lol:

A few singers has graced the cover of Vogue Paris I think? Francoise Hardy, Jane Birkin.. the recent one includes Vanessa Paradis, Charlotte Gainsbourg & Rihanna..
The biggest musical icon to ever grace the cover of Vogue Paris, was Madonna. She did it twice. The locals don't come close.

Well, Bruce Willis has dementia and Celine has a disease that affects her muscles, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they're pretty different.
Jesus, you are missing the point. Where did I say that she was the first singer gracing the cover??? That Miss Delulu isn’t me!!! I am more fashion educated than that. I called Celine a Superstar Queen, that was my compliment to her. And my point was that after all time she deserved the cover. Just that!

As for Bruce Willis, like I said everybody is coping up with their problems differently, and how you imagine him giving interviews if he (very unfortunately) has dementia???

Lol, you misspelled Madonna. Celine, Taylor and Adele aren't close. :ermm: :lol:
My dear as for the numbers Madonna is at fourth place. Celine number one, Mariah number two, Whitney number three and then Madonna.

My dear as for the numbers Madonna is at fourth place. Celine number one, Mariah number two, Whitney number three and then Madonna.
LMAO! Whatever you're smoking, but it away. :lol: :lol:
Madonna is the biggest selling female artist who ever lived. That's why she's the Queen of pop, and the blueprint.
There is no place on planet earth, where Celine outsold her, and the same goes for Whitney and Mariah.🤡

My library's digital edition is showing 188 pages, with the "white shirt" cover.

At the front of the issue:

- A fashion edit "Pêle-Mêle" shot by Adeline Mai, styled by Emmanuelle de Luze, can't find credit for the model;
- A reprint of the Lulu Tenney-Felice-Paloma edit;
- An accessories edit "L'heure d'été" shot by Annemarie Kuus, styled by Rebecca Purshouse, with model Awar Odhiang, I have a vague memory this could be a reprint from UK Vogue.

In the main editorial section:

- The cover story/interview with Celine;
- A reprint of the Meisel-Debicki story;
- A reprint of the Kendall by Colin Dodgson story;
- A reprint of the Meisel-Margiela story;
- A reprint of that Ferrari story with Irina Shayk;

And that's it.

Jesus, you are missing the point. Where did I say that she was the first singer gracing the cover??? That Miss Delulu isn’t me!!! I am more fashion educated than that. I called Celine a Superstar Queen, that was my compliment to her. And my point was that after all time she deserved the cover. Just that!

As for Bruce Willis, like I said everybody is coping up with their problems differently, and how you imagine him giving interviews if he (very unfortunately) has dementia???
You called her the "OG Superstar Queen"... don't you know what OG means???? If you don't know slang, it's best not to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->