Vogue France May 2024 : Céline Dion by Cass Bird

You know what, I had a feeling it would be corny in a way because she has always been kinda camp and it’s in a good way. She’s always been a bit extra as a person, especially in the last decade. It’s in a good way.

The pink dress is hideous but glad to see her finally getting a much deserved Vogue cover. Surprised that she didn't get one during her couture era, at some point she was the couture show. She needed a dramatic shoot with extravagant couture looks which she can obviously pull off or some power woman 90s style themed shoot that would suit the hair, also the makeup seems to have washed her out and only works with the longer hair.

You called her the "OG Superstar Queen"... don't you know what OG means???? If you don't know slang, it's best not to use it.
Okay this is becoming saga. For me she is OG for somebody else that is somebody else. Personally you need to torture me to go to listen to Madonna so I stand by what I say. Move on!

(Btw the whole point was that she finally got the cover. Well deserved! Bravo, claps! Move on!)

Céline isn’t an OG of anything

That would’ve been a more valid response. Educating someone on the use of slang when they clearly used it in its accepted form as an informal throwaway term just shows you’re the one who doesn’t understand how slang works.

She looks ridiculous!
I don’t think Law Roach is the stylist he thinks he is but nevertheless, kudos to him for snatching 3 Vogue covers.

Agree. There is a theatricality about Law Roach's styling that feels like a caricature of fashion, like a parody of what luxury should look like. Celine doesn't have the same energy that Zendaya does, with Zendaya's model-esque body. His work with Zendaya was luck, and they've consistently made magic. I've yet to see him do that with another client of his. Even though he is only working with Zendaya and Celine, both clients are very different. Which is confusing, because Celine has everything that you need- a stellar career, and good bones for true sophistication to be easy on her. But he chooses drama of delicacy too often and it's overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fraserhn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->