Vogue Girl Australia

L

Little Star

Sorry I didn't know what forum to stick this in...

I might be slow on the uptake, but I thought I'd let everyone know (if they didn't already) that Vogue is releasing a new magazine called 'Vogue Girl' in Australia, I guess it might be similar to Teen Vogue in America?

Anyway it will be released on the 27th of April, so I'm looking forward to it.
Check out the site here, there's not much up though....
http://www.voguegirl.com.au

cute...thanks little star
i'll check it out when i'm in sydney next

I'm still not sure about calling it Vogue Girl though...

But its nice to have another mag that doesn't talk about sex and stuff all the time!

sassybella said:
But its nice to have another mag that doesn't talk about sex and stuff all the time!
:ninja: I really can't remember the last time Vogue discussed sex.

my point! sometimes teen girly mags here in Australia talk about it too much, or come up with the dumest coverlines relating to sex (current Cosmo - "how to build a bigger penis")

It is about time they did a sex less mag that was aimed at the 10 year olds! lol

One of the reasons the only teen magazine I read is Teen Vogue is because the others are so fn prude. Not that I am not the biggest prude in the world, but nowadays YM, Seventeen, and Cosmogirl are like produced by puritans or something.:rolleyes:

I know! Dolly, Girlfriend, Cosmo, Tv Hits etc I used to read when I was like 12-13ish and didn't know better and it was filled with all that sex junk. My mum used to rip out those pages 1st though :P haha

I now read Shop Til You Drop, Elle and Vogue...and I am looking for to Vogue Girl.
It has been decribed as 'the polish and style of Vogue meets the exuberance of youth'.

I actually like Teen Vogue :ninja: so hopefully this is as good as that.

Austrailan Vogue is the worse Vogue there is. All they do she feature articles that have been in the other Vogues or Vanity Fair which you have already read months beforehand.

Label Basher said:
Austrailan Vogue is the worse Vogue there is. All they do she feature articles that have been in the other Vogues or Vanity Fair which you have already read months beforehand.

HEY. Leave Aus Vogue alone.... we just don't have a big budget like UK/French/Italian/US Vogue!

Mind you I never buy Aus Vogue much, I always buy British mags. lol. But I definately prefer Aus Vogue over Aus Harpers - Russh is better than both in my opinion now.

i know this is off topic, can you order french vogue in america? like subscribe?

wasn't there already a new vogue magazine out just last month called "Easy Living"

Label Basher said:
I actually like Teen Vogue :ninja: so hopefully this is as good as that.

Aus Vogue is a little light, but no more so than most of the spinoffs (excluding British, Paris... mebbe Mexico? The Asian ones too, but there's no Takashimaya out here to carry them for me to see. ::sigh::smile: I read in another forum that the girls of Aus Vogue, and Aus fashion magazines in general are rarely stick thin, but buff and athletic? Damn, what a difference. Is that true? Can anyone post pictures? :flower:

Teen Vogue is a great little magazin, so I'm sure Vogue Girl will do a good job. Interesting to see what sort of spin they give it to differentiate it from TeenVogue...

czilla said:
Aus Vogue is a little light, but no more so than most of the spinoffs (excluding British, Paris... mebbe Mexico? The Asian ones too, but there's no Takashimaya out here to carry them for me to see. ::sigh::smile: I read in another forum that the girls of Aus Vogue, and Aus fashion magazines in general are rarely stick thin, but buff and athletic? Damn, what a difference. Is that true? Can anyone post pictures? :flower:

Teen Vogue is a great little magazin, so I'm sure Vogue Girl will do a good job. Interesting to see what sort of spin they give it to differentiate it from TeenVogue...

What I'm getting at is they have a full staff of writers so why not use them instead of buying the articles from the other Vogues.

One of the good things I surpose is that they review other fashion weeks like Australian and New Zealand, not just the international collections like US Vogue.

I don't know about the Vogue girls but the editor of Aussie Harpers Bazaar is stick thin. Her face is kind of gaunt looking.

^ Right, right, I meant to say that most of the spinoffs, including Aus Vogue, tend to repeat articles produced by the major Vogue magazines.. So that's a problem of developing and maintaing a brand/publication internationally.. At least that's my understanding, although I may have that wrong.. :smile:

It is good for them to put more emphasis on the local market, esp since Australia seems to have so many up and coming designers.

As for the girls of Aus Vogue being skinny or not, I didn't mean to imply anything about the working staff of Vogue Down Under -- I meant the models in the editorials. :smile:

Australia does have a lot of great local designers...I am so proud of them!!!

About our models...I've never really noticed to tell you the truth. But having pointed that out, it is rather true in quite a lot of cases...it really depends on the magazine and whether it has international content etc...I'll have to work on getting my scanner working to show you examples...

Label Basher said:
What I'm getting at is they have a full staff of writers so why not use them instead of buying the articles from the other Vogues.

One of the good things I surpose is that they review other fashion weeks like Australian and New Zealand, not just the international collections like US Vogue. QUOTE]

I've found exactly the same. I'm emmigrating to Australia soon to work in fashion. I've given up buying Australian Vogue, becuase all the articles have been in circulation a while.
I agree with whats been said, Australia is not short of talented designers or worthwhile production industrys. It would be nice to see AVogue take their chance to really make a magazine about Australia and its place within worldwide fashion. Those pictures towards the back of Aus Vogue of people at parties and various other events, could easily blend in with the same pictures of the London or NY scene.
It seems that AVogue does not know what its meant to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->