Vogue Girl Australia

and more...... :blush: :flower:
VG09.jpg

Thankyou so much for posting those wenthy... I haven't had the chance to get down to the newsagency quite yet. :smile: You've satisfied some of my curiosity!

thankyou SO FREAKIN MUCH!!!!!!! i need some pics of kirsty mitchell to post on her thread

FashionRoyalty said:
awesome i love mags!! i read like 20 a month ! and thats not enough!!

omg how do you read so many in a month!? do you buy them all?
and read them detail by detail?! :shock:

I've never read an issue of this. I'm already a little turned off as Vogue Australia often uses US covers and editorials from other versions around the world. I have a little faith though, but I really hope that it won't go all Cosmogirl.

I like these photos though. Do you know where I can get a copy of this though in US? The photos are very Teen Vogue to me. Pretty though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I googled 'Vogue Girl' and found a Korean website. Apparently, there's also a magazine there with the same name and the current cover is same as Teen Vogue (February 2006)

rightad_02.gif

I love that MJ dress though.

Anyhow, I don't see a big difference in Teen Vogue and Vogue Girl. The name is a little tacky.

sassybella said:
I'm still not sure about calling it Vogue Girl though...

But its nice to have another mag that doesn't talk about sex and stuff all the time!
Here in Japan, when they give out TEEN VOGUE as a supplement to NIPPON VOGUE. It`s called VOUGE GIRL TOO, I know it doesn`t sound right!!

Here today and gone tomorrow - though I don't know why any company considers producing a print version of a teen magazine these days, when it makes more sense to go online to capture that age band.

The only successful print publications that teens still buy in mass amounts seem to be the disposable gossip/shopping weeklies (new ones get launched all the time in the UK).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here today and gone tomorrow - though I don't know why any company considers producing a print version of a teen magazine these days, when it makes more sense to go online to capture that age band.
I agree... the young target market has enough magazines already. Look what happened to US Elle Girl...

To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to last long.... it would have been nice to see more than 2 issues though...

i thought it was more like 6?? Maybe i was mixing it up with US teen voguewhen i saw it on the newastand..

two deffinitely!! I brought both issues.. they both came with brilliant free stuff first issue: A gorgeous Marcs keyring
Second issue: Amazing Maybelline Mascara

I also believe that any young girl who has developed an awareness of high fashion will want to buy the 'real thing' - Vogue/Elle/Bazaar - instead of some teenage stopgap publication, which might not seem adult enough for their aspirations.

On the other hand, free stuff - or 'tat' as I call it - always helps to sell a publication. There are times when I have bought a teen weekly mag for the free gift, and I'm twice as old as the intended audience. But if a 14-year-old yearns to read about Paris couture, free bubblegum lipgloss isn't going to satisfy her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->