Vogue Hommes F/W 2016.17 : Jegor Venned by Sølve Sundsbø

Melancholybaby

Reaction score

With Jegor Venned by Sølve Sundsbø on the cover, Tom Ford on the phone, Anwar Hadid by Collier Schorr, Jonathan Anderson in discussion, plus Alasdair McLellan, Terry Richardson and David Sims, a new creative generation meets the fashion stalwarts this season. Vogue Hommes Fall/Winter 2016-2017, out September 16.
In these troubled times, when long-held certainties and trusted models seem under threat and our horizons are clouded and uncertain, we tend to turn to what we see as safe havens.
Gold. Family. Bricks and mortar. Fashion itself, attuned as it is to events in the wider world, is no exception to this impulse. In these days when we are surrounded by destruction and mayhem, disorientated and mesmerized by the consequent sense of loss and rebirth, Vogue Hommes has decided to hold up the notion of ‘classic’, the style safe haven par excellence, to scrutiny.
Tom Ford moved the fashion goalposts and manhandled the politically correct when he was bannerman at Gucci and Saint Laurent. With his second film, Nocturnal Animals, nearing general release, the erstwhile designer and now film director agreed to give free reign to his worldview in an extended telephone interview.
Fashion designer J.W.Anderson is no shrinking violet either, when it comes to speaking his mind. Hugely gifted, a true radical and visionary, on a meteoric trajectory, his unflinching take on today’s worlds of fashion and luxury are needle-sharp: “No way a brand should try to please everybody,” he contends. That simple truth, we feel, applies equally to the face we, as individuals, present to the world, amply demonstrated in this latest of Vogue Hommes. It is the acid test of character. In a word: classic.

Vogue Hommes Fall/Winter 2016-2017 n°24, out September 16.
*vogue.fr

What a gorgeous man. Damn.

However, that layout. Why?

Yes the layout is a bit off, but i like the cover.

I don´t know who is this model but I love the photo!!! FINALLY a great regal looking male model on the cover of Vogue Hommes Paris International again. I don´t like the fonts or the coverlines or the layout for that matter but this is a great pose and the styling could be improved yes but it´s a good looking cover. I´m curious now to see the inside spread :smile:

I just noticed that there's going to be a Hadid in this magazine too. You just can't get away from them. :rolleyes:

He derseved it.This is his breakthough year.

It'a great magazine usually. Can't wait to see the content. The cover is promising.

Jegor looks absolutely amazing.

The only thing that actually makes this look like 2016/17 not 1997 is the words: J W Anderson

He's a quite good choice for cover I guess

The ugly brick wall looks like it was added in post. And why...? I'll take a white seamless anyday over that depressing wall.

And yes, the layout looks like one of those indie mags done by a student.

Gorgeous guy at least.

The layout while not my Favorite, it's a gorgeous cover image of Jegor nonetheless. I'm excited for the contents this season and very interested to see this Hadid done by Collier, an interesting combination and Collier does wonders. Presley Gerber's editorial by Collier was sublime so I have high hopes for this one, let's hope there's more models like her current muses Casil McArthur or Jordan Barrett. Also very nice to see Terry once again on Vogue Hommes, very excited to view that as well.

Irreverent
Photography: Thomas Goldblum
Styling: Giovanni Dario

Vogue Hommes Digital Edition

The Kid
Photography: Maciek Kobielski
Styling: Ylias Nacer

Faces
Photography: Sølve Sundsbø
Styling: Anastasia Barbieri

The styling is entering douche territory but I like the pose/expression, it has a female vibe.
Some models in Faces look very interesting, can anyone ID them please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terarcher1111
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->