They don’t correspond to anything basically. Just an astrology issue in may out of the blue.

Your comment just made my day (or my evening for that matter). I think you're basically right, it doesn't mean anything (at all), it seems they printed this because they haven't anything more thrilling to print.

I do like some of the models (Grace, Loli, perhaps a few more) but probably not in that outfit and not with this layout.

I feel a bit sad to write bad things about Vogue Italia but truth is it... just deserves it, lately. Sorry, Mr Farneti...

It must be hard to do something really good after 28 years of perfection. But EF is not even trying or he can't. The main problem is the art direction. As I said, I can't relate women with a fashion magazine that looks like a book for children. If they change the art direction, people will start to like more this magazine. Fabien Baron did an amazing job with similar pictures of Veronica Webb and Rachel Williams for VI. Ferdinando is working in the wrong place. He can't do this kind of job in fashion magazines or campaigns. Is not even funny.

This could have been worse. I like Maty and Anna's covers, but then the rest of them get so repetitive and it's like...I can't be bothered to work out what signs they are. The ANTM Cycle 4 Zodiac shoot looks like a masterpiece (maybe even Lluvy's picture) compared to this; at least there was some creativity there.

Was it really necessary to style every single girl with the exact same Chanel outfit? What was the point besides a boring Chanel propaganda?

What a waste with the basic photography and repetitive styling...they pretend all the signs are the same? Unified? Only distinct between them by that tasteless plate?
What an idiot Farneti is to allowed this to happen.

and the art direction? Big JOKE

The only passable is Anna’s cover.

Could that not be the point? That Astrological signs define the identity of those who are believers, and that said belief is often expressed though iconography: emoticons representative of each of the twelve signs are often included in Instagram or Twitters bios, akin to people wearing a crucifix or hamsa to express their religious beliefs. I think it’s a very intelligent interpretation of Astrology.

Honestly, I’m quite impressed with the post modernist direction Farnetti has taken Vogue Italia, particularly the editorial design which has really pulled the magazine into the 21st century. Vogue Italia’s identity seems to evolve with each issue, referencing contemporary graphic design and utilising it in a way that defines the tone of the magazine as much as the imagery. My only criticism would be that, by releasing multiple covers, Farnetti is indecisive, but with this concept the multiple covers are compatible.

I think at this point of time, many of us here know that Farneti and his folks produce "themed issues" just for the sake of it. They want to get buzz on social media and using these themes could somehow shift people's attention from their poor content.

If you want to do an Astrology issue, fine, just do it right and at least put more effort! These covers could match any theme if you take out those signs on models' hands. This is just lazy.

I agree with ASF that the Astrology theme is very suitable for December/January. And I remember in the early 90s, in each December issue of Vogue Italia, there would be a long L'oreal hair advertorial, each one with a theme and strong execution. I guess that's how I want this Astrology theme to be done.

Can we all just rejoice in the karma that Conde Nasty is finally experiencing? Vogue Italia is what they deserve.

Ok I was actually excited to see and hear about my sign. I kinda like it, could've been better? for sure, but it's Farneti's VI so it is what it is. The model looks slightly like Kaia.

Bummed @ the fact that Farneti and I share the same sign :lol:

So what the point of 12 covers for the same outfit?

To please Chanel - their client who still puts ad every month on their pages I guess...

But it would have been much better from Dior since MGC has some items for this theme:lol:...I am not hating these covers because I really adore this Chanel outfit...

Twelve covers in the same month that all look the same, from the magazine that produces twelve issues a year that all look the same.

Vogue Italia feels like its produced by someone who hasn't creatively evolved past the first year of art school, a stage where a person can earnestly believe in the truth and depth of thoughts which seem new and radical to them, without any self-awareness of how trite and superficial the end product looks to everyone else.

In short, this is probably the perfect magazine for people today.

Horrible but compared to some of their recent production somewhat decent. It's obvious that their target is to go viral than to produce fashion content.

Some previews from this “fantastic” issue:

To be completely honest, the girls wearing the same Chanel outfit is what I like most. I've come to hate multi-covers over the years, certainly think a total of twelve covers is far too many (and September's 100 was an absolute embarrassment) but the same look, the same white studio backdrop and same direction delivers a sense of cohesion which I'm all for when it comes to the use of multi-covers.

Vogue Italia has become such a non-event under Emanuele Farneti that I'm now automatically programmed to dislike each and every cover - but I bizarrely and very much like the outcome this month (for the reasons stated above). Anna Ewers' cover is my fave, followed by Quinn Mora!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->