Vogue Italia September 2020 by Mark Borthwick

God, was necessary to release 100 cover for a simple issue?

VI team is getting worse to manage the cover subjets with a concept & i'm not surprised than the cover story will be the only fashion content for a SEPTEMBER ISSUE?...

To these days, i'm not excited with a VI issue because it's getting boring.

giphy.gif

giphy

During Franca’s era, I could remember what cover belongs to what month every year but so far, I could only remember 5 from Farneti’s whole tenure despite his constant attempt at having different themes and gimmicks that are so on the nose every month.

Saskia de Brauw, Sara Blomqvist, Julia Nobis, Trish Goff, Patti Hansen, Guinevere van Seenus, Raquel Zimmermann, Ariel Nicholson, and Freja Beha Erichsen.

Source DNA Models website.

unnamed-1-1.jpg unnamed-3-1.jpg unnamed-4-1.jpg unnamed-6-1.jpg unnamed-7-1.jpg unnamed-8-1.jpg unnamed-9-1.jpg unnamed-10-1.jpg unnamed-11-1.jpg

^^^ Still the best of the bunch. Unfortunate they couldn't get a real concept behind it. Compare to their shoots under Franca.

I very, very strongly dislike everything about this. Borthwick was never a fave snapper of mine, but he has his strengths and he was totally the wrong photographer to shoot this concept, not to mention the styling by Carlos is as usual, a non-event.

TBH I wish Farneti would've run one of his stupid gimmicks this month, like taking the whole Prada collection and throwing it out a truck window and shooting the clothes as they fall on the concrete (LOL the collection was forgettable at best anyway). At least I would've got my laughs for the day in. He really is such a tw*t :rolleyes:. No wonder why magazines are just...nothing anymore, just look at this tripe! And he does this every month!

1-10

Saskia de Brauw, Raquel Zimmermann, Freja Beha Erichsen, Lili Sumner, Gray Sorrenti, Akon Adichol, Loren Lenox, Ugbad Abdi, Emily Ratajkowski & Julia Nobis

vogue.it

I'm sat here, mouth agape, looking at these really terrible covers. It's like a 'sans fards' issue gone south. Hiandra, Emily's face (Dr Brandt approved, I'm sure), Julia Nobis looking like she's recovering from an operation, Binx, Meghan Collison...... these are from the top of my head. Not joking when I say there's not a single one I like!

Easily Carlos Nazario's WORST WORK EVER! He was better off at American Vogue. This is what happens when the EIC, who is clearly unfit to rule, tells a stylist to 'run wild'. Something like this would never happen under Anna/Edward/Alt.

I absolutely LOVE these covers, although i do agree that 100 covers were a bit too much (I thought Indya had a solo cover when they posted it on Instagram and got very excited), but there are so many good shots. I love the dark, moody vibe and what a brilliant cast.

I think you guys are just getting it all wrong. Clearly the covers have a typo on them, it says "HOPE", but it was supposed to be "NOPE", 100 covers to commemorate "Nope, that not how you do Vogue covers".

Well... at least we got a good number of new faces. It has to be an exciting career launch for them.

eds preview Jason Ebeyer, Mert & Marcus, Tina Barney, Collier Schorr, Tyler Mitchell
La moda di settembre

If all these photographers will get their own edits then I bet Farneti probably crammed the 100 faces into a 10-page editorial with small thumbs. We won't see it expanded. Plus he's benefitting because the models with a huge following like Emily will bring in huge engagement for VI. Her followers will think it's a big deal for her when in reality it's just a single image, one of 100, lol. What a sham.

The editorials are really boring and pretentious. The one by M&M is a Chanel advertorial, but it's decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->