Vogue Korea February 2023 : Jennie Kim by Heejune Kim

The Zenith word ruined all covers. Looks like a watermark

Reactions: KoV
But how is it a homage to Michaela Bercu? Not even a nudge to Michaela as a model was shown on these covers.

I only like the B/W cover (surprisingly). The rest are just okay.

As expected - dull, predictable and photoshopped to hell and back.
And it couldn't look more like an advertorial if they tried. So crass.

Feels more like a jewellery ad rather than a Vogue cover.

Very much so. It's just a blatant advert for Chanel's fine jewelry collection which Jennie Kim is the current brand ambassador for.

Nonetheless, I don't mind either of these covers. They're clean, direct and easy on the eye. My favourite out of the three is the first, purely because it feels less blatant at showcasing the jewelry than the other two.

^ you’d better look into the witness protection program, the K-pop stans do not mess around when it comes to defending their favorites!

I really don't get the hype she gets. I mean she's popular, sure, but I really don't get the hype. I digress.

Unflattering covers. Her fans will eat it though.

She's my least favorite Blackpink member, and the editorial samples do not excite me at all. I just hope that the other edits are way better than what I've seen so far. Last year, G-Dragon's issue was stunning despite the lackluster covers, so there's still hope in it.

Also, Heejune Kim x Blackpink collaborations are very tiring. It's the same old boring studio shoot that they produce everytime.

That same boring, uninteresting face. She is pretty consistent. On stage and on photographs. Yes girl, give us nothing.

All covers are meh, imo.

I'll also wait for the review, hope the eds inside will save this.

I quite like it, I have no issue with them always appearing as glorified advertisements. I just want a bit of flare and creativity and for me this fits the criteria.

I'm getting tired of them tbh, maybe because the album was disappointing. Wish it was Jisoo at least, I don't see her as much as the others and she's beautiful. But it's basically a Chanel ad, so meh.

The photoshop is insane.

VOGUE Korea February 2023

One and only Jenni

Photography:Heejun Kim
Fashion Editor:Kihoh Shon
Editor:Narang Kim
Hair:Iljoong Lee
Makeup:Sol Lee

vogue.co.kr

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics