• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Vogue Paris June/July 2009 : Anja Rubik by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I know and i'm so going to write them about that! What's the point of suscribing then ? :angry: (minus the fact that it's cheaper than buying the mag every month--at least, it was for me)

a note for french suscribers ...

it's their policy not to send supplement to the suscribers ... the guy i talked to couldn't explain to me why, though.

but you can still call the subscription service/office and (gently) ask to receive the supplement. they'll send it to you ...

:flower:

i've got the impression, you can see more &more big breasts in vogue paris...so strange, because i've always thought of the french woman as a rather flat one...
anyone shares my impression?

it's the lara effect:boxer:
although, honestly, i haven't noticed any big breasts in VP apart from hers and eniko's...

^ Exactly and those aren't even particularly notable for their size except in the world of high fashion wherein models with breasts aren't the norm. If there was a great big titty in this issue I must have missed it scanning through this thread...

i've got the impression, you can see more &more big breasts in vogue paris...so strange, because i've always thought of the french woman as a rather flat one...
anyone shares my impression?

Not just big breasts, actually you see a LOT of complete nudity in the mainstream high fashion magazines. I think its because of the ecomomy they think sex sells... but thats not true because heterosexual feminine fashion obsessed girls prefer might prefer more charming lifestyle imagery. Of course theyd like to see them selves as sexually attractive also but not as a p*rn*gr*ph*c image. I think the p*rno-chic is more for a male audience. Maybe theyre trying to attract more heterosexual men... I just dont think it works I prefer girls in wow clothes that I desire in wow settings and with hot men or women desiring them. not just a nude girl on a plain background being p*rn*gr*ph*c.

i don't mind seeing nudity in fashion magazines when it's tastefully done and shot by good photographers. kate moss and lara stone, for example, have done tons of nude/seminude eds and most of them are good. but sometimes it gets too "sexualized", too gratuitous, in a way that doesn't attract me as a heterosexual girl who wants to see fashion-related images. série noire doesn't wow me at all like the self service ed i mentioned before (raquel zimmermann alone in a room, all tied up, many topless shots, but very tastefully photographed by sorrenti), and doesn't disturb me either, it's witty and it's still more vogue paris than playboy, different from vogue italia's eva mendes ed for example, i didn't even want to know the rest of contents to decide whether i'd buy it or not.

This is exactly what I mean Ana. Although when a prof photographer shoots nudes doesnt mean they are ALWAYS tastfully done in high fashion magazine, and that is what I was talking about the shift from chic naked to p*rno-chic which is more for a heterosexual male audience, this should be a small audience since most men would prefer the actual p*rn and the few men who like aesthetic p*rn is just not worthed to focuss on this too much in high fashion magazine because girls just dont buy.

so will this issue still be available at the beginning of august in france? i hope so (i'll have a chance at getting it!!)

Alos think about who is the main group buying these high fashion magazines its us straight girls and my gay guy friends. Most of my gay guy friends do not like p*rno-chic in fashion magazines at all they like beautiful clothes settings dreams even if reality realated it still should be a glorified reality not some p*rn.

yeah no matter the sexual orientation actually, when someone buys a magazine like vogue he/she is looking for a fashion magazine that makes justice to its subject. for people who look for nudity-related contents, there are different magazines - from magazines that always publish one nude ed like purple naked, to magazines with sexier or p*rn (chic or not) contents... i think vogue paris haven't "crossed the line" yet.

Im not so sure I mean the Sorrenti ed was quite graphic. And what about Tar mag and The Last Magazine, should they be considered high or alternatives?

not so found of the cover, but I like that anja has it! something is a bit off in the sorrenti ed.
like the terry and the sasha ed, I remember that sasha did a much better job o a beach by I&V, for vp mars 08!

Also you can obviously see this shift since the 90s and especially after the economic crisis, the more and more p*rno-chic imagery in high fashion magazines. The Sorrenti ed some poses are a bit vulgar to me, the way they are making love/out etc.

How that the most sexual photographers used to be so extremely aesthetial and elegant thats just seem to be missing now its like sex for sex sake...

Take Helmut Newton WOW! aesthetical elegant sexually charged these pictures challenge your brain see his pics, they are not vulgar at all but pure beauty: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f71/helmut-newton-photographer-25562-14.html

Also Guy Bourdin: even this picture is not p*rn*gr*ph*c compared to Sorrentis ed. its so chic: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5764527&postcount=152

Then there was the master model who could make all sexuallity seem extremely aesthetical Gia Carangi, her breasts are hanging out but its pure beauty not to turn one on, http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5665758&postcount=478
Also her bare breasted pics by Arthur Elgort <3

I like eroticism in fashion photography - sexual scenarios with an underlying psychological tension in the set-up. However, not every photographer is capable of creating the tension, and instead they produce a scenario that's a bland simulation, where the props are in place, but no-one's in the mood.

Then you get a p*rno-chic editorial that commits the crime of not being stimulating in any way - a derivative editorial that's devoid of anything thought-provoking, never mind what else it doesn't provoke. I don't mind how much skin is showing, if there's something thrilling about the scenario.

^I completely agree. otherwise its like hustler mag hahah. I do think Terry is very good in this sexual psychological thrilling stuff that sets your brain thinking and thinking and thinking untill you get the point I mean look at his playboy shoot!!! amazing! I think he is as good as Bourdin & Newton

Thanks for that link, Mr P! Seeing the issue as a whole makes me look forward to getting the real thing as soon as I can. Sometimes the editorials look even better when you see them in the sequence they're printed in the magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->