Vogue Paris March 2016 : Gigi Hadid by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I'm only here for Alisa's and Eva's editorials.
Eva's looks like something Carine would publish though.

The rest is same old same old from Alt. I hoped Gigi would at least have more black and white shots (very I&V even though it wasn't shot by them :ninja:) but it is boring to me. And the mess of the editorial of Irina and Steffy ... Those kind of editorials are tacky and messy and we've seen them a gazillion times before. I fail to see why this even gets published. It's a waste of paper. And I hope we don't see Irina here anymore, she isn't vogue material.

I can't believe they cut the shot of Irina in the sink... It's so good!

Has anyone saw this at the newsstands? Do they sell both covers? I was checking it on Instagram, 98% of people have the Chanel cover, almost no one posted the naked one. :o

Ben Hasset's feature is breathtaking! Can we have more of this, please.

Veronique and Clare's editorials are stunning! My goodness, they brought life.

The M&M editorial is..... I'm sorry, but this is VP not W Magazine. For one second I thought I was looking at an Edward Enninful ed. Bad. And don't get me started with that filter.

The Eva ed is near sublime. Jansson will never falter, and I continue to really enjoy his work with Barbieri!

The rest of the content isn't worth commenting on.

"Edie N’en Fait Qu’à Sa Tête"
Model: Edie Campbell
Photographer: Harley Weir
Stylist: Jane How
Hair: Anthony Turner
Makeup: Miranda Joyce
Manicure: Adam Slee

photocouture-show.com

"Bright Star"
Model: Edie Campbell
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Emmanuele Alt
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni
Manicure: Chisato Yamamoto

photocouture-show.com

"Vie Privée"
Model: Lexi Boling
Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Makeup: Francelle Daly
Manicure: Maki Sakamoto

photocouture-show.com

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to style that Chloë dress, but somehow it works really well with Harley Weir's photography for the edit. Love every shot. And it's almost as if Edie Campbell experienced a rejuvenation of some sorts - love her presence in both edits.

Can't imagine much planning went into the styling of 'Vie Privée'.....Géraldine just looked into her and Alt's wardrobes, and lifted the clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Mert & Marcus ed is such a Glen Luchford/ Theo Wenner ripoff, even the casting of Steffy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I want to hate the Edie editorials, I just somehow like it? I like the fact that I thought that it was shot by 1 photographer when it's not. They're distinct yet are alike.

However, I cannot not think if this were originally intended to go side by side with the I&V editorial with Edie last month for the Edie issue.

Besides of the cover girl i like this issue, especially Eva's and Alisa's editorials, that's something that VP should stick on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->