Vogue UK September 2008 : Karen Elson by Nick Knight

I like the cover but im
not truly thrilled w/ the eds
kind of boring to me..
its jus my opinion i preferred August better

I enjoyed the interview and the first shot of Karen's editorial. As a whole, the issue is dissapointing though. Not a great start to September issues.

I think it's a good issue mainly for the cover and whole thing on Karen Elson. There was only one editorial that really stood out to me and that was Anna's "Dolly Mixture", the "Take a High Road" one or whatever was really boring, nice theme and all but it's so dull and the other ones were blah too.

The cover is really a knock-out. The editorials are fine, but not quite up to par with the cover...it's alive :blush:

The cover is wonderful,and I'm not usually a Karen Elson fan but the colours just grab the attention. I'm not too sure about the eds though,most of them are a little boring. In fact most of the issue is forgettable,apart from some nice ads

i just got my copy today, it really is a great issue.
the eds are amazing, as well as the cover

is it thick? articles and the overall content is fine? i hope i'll be able to find it here soon.

Looks amazing all around can't wait until it gets here! :heart:

I don't know why the but the cover reminds me of a blast from the past!

is it thick? articles and the overall content is fine? i hope i'll be able to find it here soon.

yeah the issue is thick, and the article and content are really good. The "dolly mixture ad is fantastic" my favourite from the issue

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my August issue, still working through that one.
But the September looks ok so far, not impressed by the cover though.

Brogue is just so incredibly dull these days, especially the editorials. The only reason I bought this issue was for Karen Elson's cover - amazing. UK and US Vogue are in desperate need of a revamp.

I can't get over how beautiful the cover is, I wish Vogue US would take some pointers from Vogue UK.

Can't wait for this issue. When I saw the title of thread and it said Karen was on the cover I was a bit disappointed, but I have to admit that Karen looks gorgeous.

Karen is simply gorgeous!:heart: However I dont like this issue as a whole.Vogue UK is quite boring and cheap looking.:doh:

i wanted to reserve judgement on this until i had the magazine in my hand. i haven't had the chance to grab a copy yet but i did get to spend the weekend reading my girlfriends. i must say i think this is a fantastic issue. karen elson looks sensational on the cover. her hair is so gorgeous and used to full effect i think. some very strong editorials too, my personal favorites were dolly mixture and guinevere's one. anyway, fantastic issue. british vogue wins again. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->