Washington, DC Shopping

BagGal

Reaction score
Does anyone here live in the Washington DC area? :unsure: (45 minutes or so from DC)

I was going to ask if anyone living in the area knows of any good thrift stores...

foxinthesnow mentioned "Mustard Seed" in another thread-
"The Mustard Seed"- it is just outside of DC but right on the metro line. I can find the address for you etc, if you wish. Tons of jeans, cords... Not the greatest but I think quite good for the DC area

I think there are several high-end shops in Bethesda. Can't think of any specifics off the top of my head. Sorry. :blush:

Shopping in Washington DC

Hi everyone!

I'm from Sweden and I'll be going to Washinton DC in a week or so. I was wondering if you guys have any good stores for me in DC?
What's your favorite store?
Where can I get Bare minerals ID. makeup?
Is there a Sephora there?

Thanks!

Go to the Georgetown area for Sephora. I am pretty sure there's one there

There is a Sephora in Georgetown and also Tyson's Corner and Pentagon Mall and you can buy Bare Minerals there.

Tysons is great for shopping- it's two malls that have almost every major store, including Neiman Marcus, Saks, Anthropologie, Lacoste, Burberry, Chanel and a huge H&M. There are also lots of home stores like West Elm.

Georgetown is nice as well- some smaller boutiques (Urban Chic, Sugar, Sassnova for shoes) mixed in with Zara, Urban Outfitters, Club Monaco, etc.

Have fun!

hi, i live in dc and i am looking for places to shop too..

i hate anthropologie, urban outfitters, and all that. i have the worst time here bc i'm one of those 5'5 100 lb people who don't fit into most of the brands carried in the nearby saks & neimans (DVF, milly, development, theory, all of that is too big in the smallest size on me..and most of it isn't my taste anyway..) and definitely not in benetton, sisley, or any of the middle price range stuff, even petites. trust me, i've tried everything.

i recently found out about a couple places...alex boutique, urban chic, relish...has anyone been here? if so, what was your take on them? does anyone know where i might be able to find some rick owens around here, or should I make a weekend trip to NY?

Hi..

just wanted everybody to know that I spend 1 ½ hours at Tyson's corner, that's about it.. I didn't have time for more :( but what I could see, I can easily spend a few days shopping there.. love it! Hopefully I'll come back someday!

I would really appreciate more good places to shop!
Thanks!

Intermix is great, as are Zara, Club Monaco, simply b/c it's hard to find this stuff w/o going all the way up to NY.

It's always fun to go to Paper Source (non-clothes), Sephora, L'Occitane as well.

Deja Blue has great vintage Levis

I would avoid Urban outfitters like the plague...sheerly b/c of the hordes of people in that place.

Have fun...oh, these are all on or right off M street in georgetown. Downtown for culture, georgetown for clothes!

There is a store called Relish in Georgetown that has nice things and another one called Mic Mac Bis in friendship heights

Yeah..so I had some adventures in shopping in dc..here is what i found:

Checked out Relish (Cady's Alley, up in Georgetown) - they have a relatively nice shoe selection downstairs for women I thought..as for clothing, I had just missed the sale, but they had just gotten in shipments of TONS of Marni for spring. That was about all they had for spring a couple weeks ago so can't say much else. Probably one of the best stores in the area, IMO. The staff acted kind of full of themselves..which was annoying, since they weren't super well dressed or helpful. It pisses one off esp. when one knows what she is looking for...and is not dressed as if lost on the way to intermix or urban outfitters. :rolleyes: I probably just caught them on an off day. They have a really cute puppy.

Also in Georgetown there is a store called Else, which carries some Barbara Bui and Vivienne Tam I think. It is pretty sweet, and the staff is nice.

Both relish and else have plenty for men also..

Up in Friendship Heights, I would suggest avoiding the Saks/Neiman's unless you are (a) 30 or (b) a teeny bopper looking for Juicy and the like. I found a random dries skirt on the sales rack, but saw none whatsoever anywhere else.

The Barney's Co-Op was OK. Service was great. Superfine jeans if you are looking for them.

Mic Mac Bis was a bit of a disappointment. Yes they have Tufi Duek...and a couple of others (I saw some Hash on the sales rack...nothing very impressive though, as well as some Yohji...) but the entire store seems dominated by Issey. They have every line of Issey Miyake probably...wow.
I should mention that they had some pretty jewelry though.

tealady said:
I think there are several high-end shops in Bethesda. Can't think of any specifics off the top of my head. Sorry. :blush:

I know of B. Scene in Cabin John shopping center. They carry clothing by Sevens, C&C California, etc.

I love Relish, they carry Comme de Garcons, and other avant garde designers, they win awards constantly. I HATE Tysons, it's soo hard to get to and it's always packed, though they do have everything it's possibly the worst mall to navigate in this area, also it's in Virginia, where people can't drive for sh*t. I like Pentagon City a lot. Tysons is unfortuneatly where it's at in DC.

I love Georgetown, you can do some shopping and grab a little bite at a cafe. You should go to Commander Salamander, they're like Urban Outfitters without the yup. Also near Georgetown, at the Watergate, is a YSL, Valentino and Saks Jandel. Also in Chevy Chase they've opened a mall that has a Vuitton, Dior, Barneys Co-Op, Cartier, Tiffany's and Ralph Lauren, with Jimmy Choo and others opening soon. In Chevy Chase they have Saks, Saks Jandel and Neimans in a fairly compact area. They've divded the Saks', one is for men and one is for women, the women's carries Chanel RTW. :heart:

Spacemiu said:
There is a store called Relish in Georgetown that has nice things and another one called Mic Mac Bis in friendship heights
I always though Mic Mac Bis was a furniture store, I see it like everyday, it's across from the new Dior.

Is the Barney's Co-Op actually open now? I've just been having fun in the 2 Outlet outposts in Leesburg and Potomac Mills... would like to get some real Barney's action for a change.

Diorling said:
I always though Mic Mac Bis was a furniture store, I see it like everyday, it's across from the new Dior.

hmm i went in there, they had jill sander, yohji, issey miyake and some other stuff.

I was not impressed with the Barney's CoOp....but was tickled to see the Dior boutique there and the Gucci boutique coming soon.

The Dior boutique does not carry anything from the Homme line, but they did have a great selection of accessories and sunglasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->