Washington, DC Shopping

Ianastar said:
I was not impressed with the Barney's CoOp....but was tickled to see the Dior boutique there and the Gucci boutique coming soon.

The Dior boutique does not carry anything from the Homme line, but they did have a great selection of accessories and sunglasses.
Barney's Co-Op it's like Urban Outfitters, like, exactly like. The Gucci already opened, very nice, two floors, and a seperate mens section.

Let me tell you, the woman at Dior said they were toying around with the idea of adding Dior Homme if the demand was high enough, you know that store can accomodate at least 3 20 foot ceiling floors, right? Also there's a little cove in the RTW section that can't be explained(stairwell?)...Maybe, Id be happy with Dior Homme accessories...and shoes. They didnt have the Hypnotic!! Id rather get them from a Dior shop than a department store, ended up getting them from Nordstrom. I was too impatient to wait for Giarre to get them back in stock.

Well, the word on the street is that there is Neimans coming to G-Town, there's Georgetown Park Mall which is only in business because of the parking garage and all the streetward store fronts, it could fit in there. Also the Barneys Co-Op is opening and there is rumor of a REAL Barneys too...OMG...too much...

What's this. Im going to Relish...tomorrow...maybe not...maybe Tuesday.

^^Where would NM go in Georgetown Park? I don't see how that would fit without pushing out all of the interior stores and major renovation....hmmmm.....

Oh Diorling thanks for the tips.

Maybe DC will finally start getting some good fashion/shopping after all.

JessRuthie said:
^^Where would NM go in Georgetown Park? I don't see how that would fit without pushing out all of the interior stores and major renovation....hmmmm.....
Um...there ARE no interior stores, only like a Victoria's Secret, and a store that sells custom crochet, all the other stores are streetfronts that are connected to the mall. I was thinking the Neimans could be behind the storefronts, of course not connected, it would make a pretty nicely sized Neimans actually.

Went to MicMac Bis, they have LOADS of Issey and they were showing me these hideous Final Home jackets, it was like a freaking parachute coat, crazy, but not in the cool way.

This just in! Tysons is getting a MNG by Mango, and Montgomery Mall is getting a Hollister/Abercrombie, going to be connected, which makes soo much sense because Abercrombie is like Mecca in Montgomery Mall. When I saw the wall in front of Abercrombie I was so shocked, I thought we had won, but then I found that they assimilated the AE next door.

What else is happening, OH, in Tysons they opened an H by Hilfiger store, I MUST SAY, thier clothes are...incredible, really competetively priced, a gorgeously done trench was only $250 and since they are so desperate for business everything in the store was 15% off. Anyway, they've got to try harder, they're working against this really crappy "Marshalls" brand image, Tommy isn't cool anymore, it's not like Ralph Lauren that is still in demand. The trench was so well executed, gorgeous silk lining, very nice material, great stitching and buttons, it didn't look cheap. Also I kind of like how they have a HUGE H in the same font as Hermes slapped on everything, even scarves, and minimalist pebbled leather bags...Hmmm...(I already checked, no faux-Birkins)

What else...hmm...the Hermes in Tysons is either closed or being renovated, because there's brown paper on the windows, but back when it was being renovated they had built orange walls with Hermes ribbon on it, to make it look like a gift. It got me nervous.

I saw the Hilifiger store....it's pretty interesting.

It's probably the first time I've looked at a Hilifiger garment and not wanted to puke or roll my eyes.

I was wondering about the Hermes store too.

Wow Diorling (won't mess up the name this time :blush: ) thanks for keeping us all posted!

I have been a lazy girl but look forward to doing some shopping soon seeing as the weather has been Amazing...

Anyone been to Relish lately?

I just went to the new Barney's Co-op in Georgetown, but I have to say that I think I like the selection in Friendship Heights better.

I didn't realize there was a Barney's outlet in Potomac Mills? Does anyone know how the selection compares to the one in Leesburg? Mens & womens, my boyfriend is looking for a new suit. He actually got a great Burberry one at the Leesburg outlet.

Can I just point out that its tragic how many nice shops are in the U-Street area? I was looking at some things in Muleh and on my way out I say a man rob a store of an outdoor display rug, while he was holding a garden urn!?

Oh and other then sporatically at Intermix, which really isn't my thing, is there anywhere that carries Balenciagia bags in DC? I do go to NYC every couple of months, so I guess I can wait, but I'd rather not.

^^I don't think there's anywhere besides Intermix to get Balenciaga in DC.

I haven't gotten into the whole U Street thing yet....I guess it's "up and coming" with, unfortunately, crime in full daylight!

So...an update!

Went to relish recently. They have margiela, dries, and still lots of marni if you're interested. The staff was good this time. this place is a marni fan's DREAM. marni everywhere.

I also wanted to mention two stores that haven't been discussed here:

i.d. in Georgetown (up on Wisconsin Ave.) seems pretty decent. while the stock doesn't seem to turn over that quickly...they have some neat looking items. they carry poleci (sp?) and rangoon..i'm sorry i can't think of more names. women's only. the staff is very nice.

also, there is a store in Tysons II that carries Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Jil Sander etc. clothing and shoes. Great selection. i'm sorry i can't remember the name right now but i do know it's on the second floor towards the center of the mall (situate yourself directly above starbucks and i am fairly sure it is to the right if you are facing starbucks and not the ritz).

finally.......haha i had not been to tysons in a while.....but when did we get a versace? i was completely shocked walking in.

BlkLadyLaw said:
the Versace has been there at least two years

no, no i don't mean that little versus versace place. i mean the full-out versace boutique. it's much, much bigger. :flower:

elschic111 said:
also, there is a store in Tysons II that carries Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Jil Sander etc. clothing and shoes. Great selection. i'm sorry i can't remember the name right now but i do know it's on the second floor towards the center of the mall (situate yourself directly above starbucks and i am fairly sure it is to the right if you are facing starbucks and not the ritz).

I think it's called Carol Mitchel or something....right near the Saks beauty counters entrance?

elschic111 said:
no, no i don't mean that little versus versace place. i mean the full-out versace boutique. it's much, much bigger. :flower:
They closed the Versace Jeans Couture shop and recently (like past 6 months) opened the Versace store next to Neimans...

I didnt realize...I shop sooo much, I like know everything about everywhere. Ya'll know that the Hechts in Chevy Chase is now becoming a Bloomies that will carry LV and Gucci, right? Im so excited!! Maybe thier mens section will actually have something worthwhile. The Bloomies at White Flint is lacking, but they're up for a remodel I heard, and theyve expanded thier Fendi collection, it's bigger than Tysons, and they have racks of Marc Jacobs. One of the SA's at White Flint Bloomies has a chocolate Muse!! He was showing it to me...gorgeous...

Montgomery is kind of dead I think, thier Hechts is becoming a Macy's, I can never find anything I want there, except Ralph Lauren on sale. Thier Nordstrom is lacking, it's always a mess and always packed, thats it. Montgomery is the mall I go to when Im too lazy to go to Pentagon City or Tysons, it's a mercy shop. I also love Columbia, havent been thier in a while.

OH, I went to Annapolis Mall...it sucks. The mall is one floor, thier Nordstrom doesnt carry Seven jeans, YSL and Dior makeup, and thier idea of designer sunglasses are Coach and RayBan. Thier Lord & Taylor has nothing, not even semi-desireable Ralph Lauren. They have like the most random non-chain stores. It's a really crappy mall.

What else? I cannot go shopping anymore!! Im waiting for The Forum at the end of May *drools*

I heard that all of the Hecht's store were going to become Macy's but keep pretty much the same stuff.

Intermix Georgetown no longer carries Balenciaga bags. My SA told me that they just didn't sell, so they stopped carrying them. :( I don't think there is anywhere that carries them right now near DC, what a shame. You can try the Bob Ellis shoes website to order them within the US, you will probably save on sales tax.

BTW, my SA at the Denim Bar told me that the owner is considering adding Chloe and Chloe bags to their Pentagon City store.

salomelovesjohn said:
I just went to the new Barney's Co-op in Georgetown, but I have to say that I think I like the selection in Friendship Heights better.

I didn't realize there was a Barney's outlet in Potomac Mills? Does anyone know how the selection compares to the one in Leesburg? Mens & womens, my boyfriend is looking for a new suit. He actually got a great Burberry one at the Leesburg outlet.

Can I just point out that its tragic how many nice shops are in the U-Street area? I was looking at some things in Muleh and on my way out I say a man rob a store of an outdoor display rug, while he was holding a garden urn!?

Oh and other then sporatically at Intermix, which really isn't my thing, is there anywhere that carries Balenciagia bags in DC? I do go to NYC every couple of months, so I guess I can wait, but I'd rather not.

Something else is going on in Chevy Chase...Oh they're adding a Bulgari and Van Cleef & Arpels, not to mention the Max Mara. That Max Mara is supposed to be the biggest in the world...ohk...

Does denim bar (or any store in the area for that matter) carry Tsubi jeans? I've been to the Barney's Co-Ops and Intermix but didn't see any. It'd also be nice to find some Superfines other than the one kind stocked in the Barney's Co-Ops. Help anyone?

Thanks!

Does denim bar (or any store in the area for that matter) carry Tsubi jeans? I've been to the Barney's Co-Ops and Intermix but didn't see any. It'd also be nice to find some Superfines other than the one kind stocked in the Barney's Co-Ops. Help anyone?

Thanks!

Diorling said:
What else...hmm...the Hermes in Tysons is either closed or being renovated, because there's brown paper on the windows, but back when it was being renovated they had built orange walls with Hermes ribbon on it, to make it look like a gift. It got me nervous.

It's just being renovated, I believe?

samo22 said:
It's just being renovated, I believe?
Damn, I was just by there this afternoon (the theatres behind Hermes) and I totally blanked on checking if it was being renovated, but Fairfax Square has flag poles with the designers flags on them, so tacky, but Hermes' is still up...

Today the mannequins at the Tysons Hollister were wearing pants, thank god...it made me uncomfortable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->