• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Wedding Shoes

Spring_Fever

Reaction score
What shoes would you wear if you were getting married in private cerimony on an Island? I'm going to have a very small wedding and want a simple sort of style. I do not want a big dress, just something elegant and appropriate. I haven't picked it out yet but I love this one ... http://www.jimhjelmvisions.com/spring2004/3144.html

Do you have any ideas for shoes that would match? :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC002281.jpg

I love these!

My advice is to buy 2 pair of shoes..a pair that make you look your best (posture wise..and not ridiculously high so you walk like a man in heels :wink: ) and a pair of flats for when the champagne has kicked in and you wanna be able to dance the night away with your husband without your feet constantly reminding you of themselves..:flower:

thank you for your great posts, keep em coming please ... I love looking at the pictures and am getting some nice ideas.

It will not be on the beach. I'm getting married either on a lawn or in a small church, not sure yet.

I like the idea of 2 pairs, never thought of that.

i wouldnt wear heels unless they put a platform to walk on...

i would wear some cute leather thongs

leyla m. said:
i wouldnt wear heels unless they put a platform to walk on...

i would wear some cute leather thongs
oooo that is a good idea, very good. :D Why didn't I think of that. Do you think that thongs would go with that type of dress? I might have to change my dress plan. I have not purchased one yet. I am getting a vision :P

Thanks for the tip.

are you going to be in the sand? if so, why not just barefoot?

lizzyb831 said:
are you going to be in the sand? if so, why not just barefoot?
No, not the sand. It's either going to be in a garden or a small church. I want to wear shoes.

I'm torn between getting a really beautiful pair of white Jimmy Choo's, which would go with the dress that I have in mind, or a pair of thongs, like the wooden ones made by Sally Huss, in which case I'll have to rethink my dress.

I don't know. I'm not used to nice weather.

If I get the high heels, I'll have to avoid standing on anything that isn't solid, such as the grass and I really don't want to have to worry about my shoes all day, or my dress for that matter.

I want to look really good for my pictures, for my husband to be and for myself. Even though it's going to be a private destination wedding, I want to put as much effort into my appearance as if it were a big church wedding. I know that much already.

shoes29sy.jpg

These are lovely, not too great for standing in grass though.
I think idea of two pairs is really good

if i were getting married i would wear the giant white christian l. 5' white shoes that are someone's avatar.

Designer Bridal Shoes

Left: Vera Wang "Riky", 3" heel, $445
Right: Vera Wang "Paula", 4.75" heel, $485 :woot:

005751.jpg
005750.jpg

Left: Grazia "Rachel", 3.25" heel, $190
Right: Stuart Weitzman "Dramahalt", 3-5/8" heel, $275

006872.jpg
006385.jpg

Left: Stuart Weitzman "Hattrick", 3.5" heel, $245
Right: Stuart Weitzman "Superbow", 4" heel, $265 :flower:

005744.jpg
006384.jpg

Not really designers:

Left: TouchUps "Giselle", 3.5" heel, $83
Right: Grace "Yvette", 3.5" heel, $130

009138.jpg
007568.jpg

All pictures courtesy Bellissima Bridal shoes:

http://www.bellissimabridalshoes.com

>> Note << -- "Left" and "Right" may equal "Top" and "Bottom" depending on your screen width. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ perfect timing.. I was just looking at dresses for my upcoming wedding all day, and then got online to browse shoes!

I'm thinking of going high-end on my shoes and getting metallic or silver so I can rewear them with jeans or other dresses or whatever (maybe even work! ha!)... here's what i've bookmarked for myself so far...
from saks.com:
0452570957282_275x275.jpg

0459299248233_275x275.jpg

0448890995233_275x275.jpg

0441991071790_275x275.jpg

Thanks, fashionista-ta!

I'm considering red shoes for my wedding because I like my shoes to stand out (heehee) and it's my favourite colour. If I go with heels (or go with heels and then change into flats later), here are a few options I've been considering. I already own the red satin Manolos, which of course makes them a good choice, lol.

(Pictures: Bergdorf Goodman)

Attachments

• BGX8417_mn.jpg
    BGX8417_mn.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 190
  • BGX065F_mn.jpg
    BGX065F_mn.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 188
if i were getting married on the beach i would go for a beaded sandal, something along the lines of what jimmy choo does. sorry i couldn't find any pics on nap though.

love the red shoes. a friend of mine is getting married this summer and she's wearing red shoes (her dress is white with red panel that is in the train).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gordo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->