What are you doing to your hair next?

Well, I think I'll end up having to shave my head at some point this year. I'm beginning to lose my hair from the front on back, and while it looks okay right now, there will come a point where it will need to be shaved. I anticipated this happening because of my family's history of hair loss, but not before I turned twenty. Alas, shaved heads can look very good, so I'm not too concerned.

doesn't the hair loss come from the mother's side of the family?

maybe you should think about getting a haircut where you are shorter on the sides and have more volume on the top - sort of like a fauxhawk. or maybe you should look into minoxidil or propecia. in any case get to a doctor.

i think tall men can pull off shaved heads.

doesn't the hair loss come from the mother's side of the family?

maybe you should think about getting a haircut where you are shorter on the sides and have more volume on the top - sort of like a fauxhawk. or maybe you should look into minoxidil or propecia. in any case get to a doctor.

i think tall men can pull off shaved heads.
Seems like it's from my dad's side. He has had a bald spot in the back for as long as I can remember and is starting to lose more now at age 58. My brother started losing his in his early twenties also, although he has managed to keep his looking alright by buzzing it short. My uncle and grandfather on my dad's side have lost their hair also, but they are both fifty-something and eighty-six respectively, so that is unsurprising.

I have some minoxidil that I could try, but I've read that it can actually initially increase the hair loss, which would be very bad for me and my shoulder length hair. In any case, cutting it is probably something I should do. Would that help it grow, I wonder? I haven't done so in over two years, so that would be a huge change for me. Honestly though, I've come to terms with losing my hair. The only issue is that while I was hoping to grow a very short beard when that happens, I will not be able to do so as my pores swell up horribly, my skin turns red, and it peels if I try to do so.

well, i would talk to your doctor before cutting your hair. that seems drastic. and if you are tall maybe no one will notice the hair loss.

Still growing it out and gradually going lighter. I love this colour in particular. Still not over finding that perfect shade of light brown without going red.

i have the same problem as you - brassiness. and when i get my hair coloured it fades rapidly, no matter if i'm using colour saving shampoo.

this is the best shade i've seen
on valentine Fillol-Cordier
Into The Gloss

what do you think?

I finally had my hair cut and dyed by a professional...only it became way too brown...I have dark blonde hair that is on the rather cold side, and now my hair is much darker and quite warm, really. I'm not sure I like it....I think I might try to become a shade more golden than my natural hair color next time around....guess I can try in about two months or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for summer I want to try something a bit different and I'm planning on dying the underside of my hair a fun color (since I've never dyed it before). Most likely it will be a lighter color, I'm thinking lavender will work well with my strawberry blond/gingerish hair coloring... though suggestions for colors is always welcomed! I wont be able to do so until my last swim class next week, I don't want it to mess with the coloring though! :cool:

My hairdresser is pushing the keratin treatment, but at $AUD460 for my shoulder-length hair I'm a bit hesitant. Has anyone else tried this? My hair is very coarse and highlighted blonde.

^ Living on the edge. :wink:

I need to make an appointment with my hairdresser.

^ For sure :wink: I did recently get it cut fairly short for the summer. I have been wearing a variation on a bob for years, and I always go back to it. When I ask different hairstylists for a bob, they do quite similar things, so I suspect it is just right for me :wink:

^ One less step :wink: When I was younger and had long hair I used to like sitting out on our stone wall and combing it dry in the sun. We lived on the corner and the wall kind of wrapped around. Then one day I met a neighbor from about half a block away, and she says, Oh, you're the one with the red hair! I had felt all alone out there ...

I bought a new (Revlon purple) hairdryer at lunch today ... so tomorrow, for something completely different!! I'll be drying it with a new hairdryer.

my hair has started to develop a grey streak above my right eye...
i have decided to let it go and see how it turns out...
if it keeps on going i may wind up like some kind of vampire or witch...

:lol:...

freepublic

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-11-04 at 5.05.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-11-04 at 5.05.25 PM.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 8
I'm unsure as to whether I want my fringe cut or whether I want to grow it out. I tried to cut my fringe a few days ago, and stabbed myself quite deeply in the base of the thumb. :wacko:

Ive had the undercut for awhile but now it is getting to trendy/popular so Im going to for something pretty different and growing it out to a medium length. Very similar to Johnny Depp's in the Dior Sauvage ad. Longer in the front on both side about cheekbone length and then shorter in back/sides and blended into the top.

Also if you watch AHS:Hotel - similar to John's

haven't cut my hair for more than a year...
maybe it's time?...

:innocent:...

:lol:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->