What exactly is the name for what I want to do and how can I do it?

Spotlight

Reaction score
I can't quite figure out what this job would be called but lets put it like this. I want to go into beauty marketing. I read Allure all the time and I see how they have the scoop on every trend and new product. I want to be one of the people that does the research, finds products and brings it to the magazine for the reporters to write about it. I'm not sure if there is a seperate group for writers and researchers or you have to do both. I hate how I write and honestly I think I'd suck if I had to write for a magazine, LOL. But thats besides the point.

Anyhow, I was looking through the credits and I'm wondering if that kind of job would fall under, advertising sales, which is what all the beauty directors are at. Or under marketing for the magazine. Can someone, for the love of beauty, please let me know what it would file under and how would I (a 20 year old student who has lived in Georgia for a year) get any closer to my goal. Thanks :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats sounds pretty right. It almost embarrsing on how simple it is. But ok yeah, how could I end up doing market research for a magazine?

Thank you btw!

I thought it was called "Market Editor". Someone who goes to showrooms/companies to learn about their products that are about to go to "market" (be put in stores soon), and reports on them. I think "Cosmetic Executive Women" group is a trade organization for people in the beauty industry (not sure if that's the correct name, though), so you might want to see what they recommend

that's a beauty editor...and you DO have to write...
the fashion dept has market editors who only do market research...but beauty editors do both...

:flower:

what you want to do is be a beauty editor. there is no one who "does research" for them to write about. usually the make-up companies send the editors samples, press releases, etc, and the editor picks from that.

if you want to do this, i would recommend getting an internship at a women's or fashion magazine, preferably in beauty. but since beauty departments are small you might have to settle for editorial or fashion departments first...depends on how good your resume is i guess. if you're really good they'll hire you as a beauty assistant, etc.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miinaa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->