What gift / present to buy?

Bonchic

Reaction score
Present help....

Okay my sister wants to get a present for a guy she likes but she doesn't know what to get him.. He always gets clothes for his birthday but she wants to get him something "techy" like a cool gadget. He's going to be 21 she was thinking about a ipod but that's a little too expensive! Any ideas would be awesome I mean any ideas! Thanks :flower:

Maybe I've OD'ed on SATC.. but I was going to suggest a fancy shaver..but then I started satc-thinking..and if your sister and this guy is only on a "like" basis...maybe thats too intimate a gift? And if they are only on a "like" basis..what is her budget ??
..basically I guess I have no idea..hope some of the tfs guys will share what they would love to receive :flower:

treat the guy out for a nice dinner. your sis can develop the relationship further that way.

yea, it would be nice to know the budget

Try looking around Sharper Image or similar stores. They generally have innovative things that you wouldn't even think of.

Yeah well she's looked at sharper image. I think her budget is maybe $200 max.. Hmm a shaver I'll mention it to her. Yeah if any of you guys could post what you'd like to receive that'd be awesome he's a very athletic guy and they are friends. Hmm I just thought of something maybe tickets to see the SPURS play basketball he likes them.

Kel said:
Try looking around Sharper Image or similar stores. They generally have innovative things that you wouldn't even think of.
You mean useless and overpriced? :wink:

Bonchic said:
Yeah well she's looked at sharper image. I think her budget is maybe $200 max.. Hmm a shaver I'll mention it to her. Yeah if any of you guys could post what you'd like to receive that'd be awesome he's a very athletic guy and they are friends. Hmm I just thought of something maybe tickets to see the SPURS play basketball he likes them.
Shaver? How romantic :lol: No, I wouldn't want a shaver, that's for sure. Tickets to a concert sound infinitely better. Or maybe tickets to a sporting event?

The way Gillette advertises these days you'd think there was some deep psychosexual link between men and their razors...sadly this is not the case in real life...as far as I know.

My vote goes with tickets to something.

Does he have a driver license? How about a one-day-car-rental - renting a nice fancy (sports)car? :woot: Also included a basket for a picknick (with your sister of course) while cruising around with the car?
How does it sound?

hmm not sure about the car thing (he does have his drivers license) but I'll mention all the ideas to her. Yeah not sure about the shaver. But keep the ideas coming guys I'd love to hear more of what you would want to give us a idea!

PrinceOfCats said:
The way Gillette advertises these days you'd think there was some deep psychosexual link between men and their razors...sadly this is not the case in real life...as far as I know.
:lol: Well I'm glad that got clear up.

I searched but couldn't find a thread like this. I figure around the holidays, this thread could be very useful to some! ^_^

This thread is going to serve as a place to ask others opinions on what to give as a gift to someone. You can come in here with a few choices for gifts you've already thought of, or start from scratch by just telling us a little about the person and we'll all try to help you out.

I think this will be fun and very useful!

I'll start it off...

I'm struggling with coming up with gift ideas for my boyfriend. It seems like everything I think of, he already has! For example, I was thinking "Oh! He's a Film major, and buying him a NetFlix subscription would be perfect!" but then it hit me that he works at a video store and gets free rentals! :doh:

I want to get him something very special... Something that he'll always remember. I'd like to tie something personal in, but I don't want it to be too mushy like a scrapbook with lots of photos of us (I've already made one of those for me anyways. :blush:). Does anyone have any ideas? Oh, and here's a list of things he likes which may help you: movies, Star Wars, thrift stores, Chinese and Mexican food, records, the 70's and 80's...

TheKiwi said:
I'll start it off...

I'm struggling with coming up with gift ideas for my boyfriend. It seems like everything I think of, he already has! For example, I was thinking "Oh! He's a Film major, and buying him a NetFlix subscription would be perfect!" but then it hit me that he works at a video store and gets free rentals! :doh:

I want to get him something very special... Something that he'll always remember. I'd like to tie something personal in, but I don't want it to be too mushy like a scrapbook with lots of photos of us (I've already made one of those for me anyways. :blush:). Does anyone have any ideas? Oh, and here's a list of things he likes which may help you: movies, Star Wars, thrift stores, Chinese and Mexican food, records, the 70's and 80's...

This might be a little far-fetched but I think it could work!

• Step 1: Get a picture frame, then find a picture of you guys on your first date.
  • Step 2: Call said place of business that you went to on your first day and reserve a spot just for the two of you.
  • Step 3: After this is done, go out and get spiffy for your date with your baby!
  • Step 4: Place the framed photo in the reserved spot and surprise him!
  • Step 5: Have a fun and merry Christmas!
Note: This 5 step plan can be revised to your liking! I just gave the blueprint now be creative!:flower:

Oh yeah, I was thinking about getting this for my boyfriend for Christmas and I wanted you guy's opinion! Thanks!^_^

braxtons gift.jpg
www.macys.com

Thanks so much for your suggestion. That's a really cute idea! Our first kiss was actually on my boyfriend's birthday (December 12th) so perhaps I'll do that on his birthday instead of Christmas... Still need to come up with an idea for Christmas now. :wink: Please keep the ideas coming!!! hehe.

I think that sweater would be really cute, depending on the guy. I love green, and I think most guys look great in that color! I say go for it! ^_^

That sweater is tooo cute!! I think Im going to get it myself, I even like the color, and I normally loathe anything but black.

Diorling said:
That sweater is tooo cute!! I think Im going to get it myself, I even like the color, and I normally loathe anything but black.

THanks! I'm actually kind of apprehensive about getting it for him because he's really hard to shop for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->