What to wear to graduation?

Reaction score
Im graduating from junior high this year and im already thinking what i am going to wear for my graduation party (our school makes a party for the whole class) its going to be in the evening. I dont want something to fancy. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Im the kind of girl who likes to stand out not be wearing what everyone usually wears.
Budget: no more then $500
Hint: Im planning to wear my hair down and i have paris hilton's (skinny wise) body but with a bit more boobs and butt. Thank you. :flower:

lots of girls went all out at my junior high graduation, do you REALLY want to go for the paris hilton look, because if that's what you've set out for then take a look at some pictures of her in formal wear and see what you like, just a suggestion ^_^

actually i dont want to go for the paris hilton look if you reread my post youll see that i have paris hiltons body not that i want to dress like her. Thanks for the suggestion anways.

500 dollars? wow :shock:

As I refuse to look at anything close to that price range I will try to suggest some much cheaper options :lol: :flower:

maybe something like:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=6605&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=10&iSubCat=15&iProductID=6605

I think something like this would be really cute and appropriate with a little shrug or cardigan over it
http://store.shopbop.com/item.jsp?item=THEORY713&category=DRESSESCASUAL

or try http://www.shopbop.com maybe? Not sure exactly what you're looking for

Last edited by a moderator:
Graduation FOrmal!

Hey guys,
This is my dress for my graduation. I absolutely love it.
If I must blow my own horn, I think the dress looks better on me.
I am tanned so it's a nice contrast with the white and plus, I have cleavage!
I was wondering, black or gold shoes? The gold shoes are sling back sandals leather about an inch and are closed pointy toe. The black are very high stilettos and suede, pointy toe.
Any ideas?
And for jewellery, I have a gold+whit gold bvlgari bracelet watch with black face that I got last year for my 18th birthday that I would like to wear, any other ideas for jewellery? And is it ok to wear pearls with gold?

Thanks a bunch guys, sorry for the long post.

-Bianca

as far as shoes, I'd go with the gold ones...it looks like a really lightweight dress both in colour and and texture and I think a black shoe with suede would just be too heavy of a contrast. you don't want it to be too harsh.

I'd keep the jewellery simple. in fact, I'd stick with just the bvlgari bracelet, and maybe some simple small gold earrings. I wouldn't do pearls...more isn't always better, sometimes it's just more. :wink: since it's a halter neckline, and as you said, you have other assets to show off, you don't want to clutter up the neckline with jewellery and such.

congrats on your graduation and welcome to tfs, truecolours. :flower:

I agree with everyone about the shoes. High heels would be ideal but the color is more important.

Jewelry wise a pearl necklace would be too much on your upper chest, unless it's like a lariat or short necklace with a long pendant (which would be so sexy). I think for earrings some all-gold chandelier earrings would be lovely. That Bulgari bangle watch sounds like enough for your wrists. What about the bag?

Bebe (the first pair would be sort of goddess while the second pair would give a very beachy/easy feel to the dress)

85881-gtp-l_6ed0d.jpg

87337-gov-l_71925.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
about the hair... i was kind of thinking to cut my hair shorter about shoulder length or just a little longer. i have a long fringe which comes up to my eyebrows and i was thinking maybe i could get away with having my hair down and maybe a little curly like the girl in the picture below?

I would have prefered down aswell, it would give that greek goddess look and that beachy look. I think it would be great in large but controlled curls, like that model.

What about the bag? Do you have one planned or are you going to go bagless.

i'm not sure. i have tonnes of bags but none of them seem to fit. i have a beige prada but unfortunately it's not very evening. i don't have any other bags that would match the shoes so i am thinking of going out to buy a gold clutch.

any other ideas?

i might ask my mum if i can borrow a bag from her.
i swear i seen a white chanel bag somewhere in her room (i am so nosy)

I really love that dress. it is very very nice!!!

Gold shoes too i would definitly say.

And post some pics of you at your graduation when its done :smile: I cant wait to see you in that dress :P

will do! my grad is on the 25th this month so if i forget to, i don't mean to be rude, just remind me!

grad dresses/gowns

hey everybody!

I thought I'd make a thread about grad dresses since shopping for a dress is coming soon and I'm having a little bit of a hard time figuring out what i want myself...anyways, i just wanted to see what some of you tfs'ers wore to grad or, what dresses do you think would make a lovely grad dress.

thanks everybody! :flower:

Mel

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamadbrk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->